ADVERTISEMENT

Devil Anse Hatfield

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Anybody here kin? Or kin to the McCoys? Devil Anse has to be one of the best names or nicknames ever. Captain Devil Anse Hatfield.

Confederate fighter, renowned outdoorsman, proficient sharpshooter, proud mountaineer, thriving agriculturalist, beekeeper, successful entrepreneur, and family patriarch of the feuding Hatfields, Captain Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield was known internationally by the time this photograph was taken, due to the Hatfield-McCoy feud.
A friend of this page, Eli Rholntt, once wrote, “Great, great grandpa (Anse) was not a man to suffer fools. But he was smart, a shrewd business man, strong as a team of oxen, a mean shot, courageous and brave, and fair-minded. However, above all, Anse loved his kin. We could all take a lesson from him, regardless of where we are or who we are.”
Facebook page friend Bob Petrocelli said, “they do not make them that tough anymore. I love how self reliant they were back than. They needed no help from anyone, which is how I try to be; but will never duplicate how these folks were.”
His worn leather high boots, Winchester lever action, cowhide shell-belt, and plenty of ammo: The Devil was ready for the most dangerous of circumstances. His horse's name? Fred.

289856285_608369073984675_8464269728302181383_n.jpg

Reactions: Jartard
Anybody here kin? Or kin to the McCoys? Devil Anse has to be one of the best names or nicknames ever. Captain Devil Anse Hatfield.

Confederate fighter, renowned outdoorsman, proficient sharpshooter, proud mountaineer, thriving agriculturalist, beekeeper, successful entrepreneur, and family patriarch of the feuding Hatfields, Captain Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield was known internationally by the time this photograph was taken, due to the Hatfield-McCoy feud.
A friend of this page, Eli Rholntt, once wrote, “Great, great grandpa (Anse) was not a man to suffer fools. But he was smart, a shrewd business man, strong as a team of oxen, a mean shot, courageous and brave, and fair-minded. However, above all, Anse loved his kin. We could all take a lesson from him, regardless of where we are or who we are.”
Facebook page friend Bob Petrocelli said, “they do not make them that tough anymore. I love how self reliant they were back than. They needed no help from anyone, which is how I try to be; but will never duplicate how these folks were.”
His worn leather high boots, Winchester lever action, cowhide shell-belt, and plenty of ammo: The Devil was ready for the most dangerous of circumstances. His horse's name? Fred.

Next time you head to a Marshall game, check this place out. I stopped a while back. Good shine, whiskey, and wine. Good people that share the Hatfield-McCoy history. https://hatfieldfamilydistillery.com/

I’m a Hatfield. One of my trips to the state Social Studies Fair was because of a project I did on the feud

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT