ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have an update on Reggie Oliver?

Last I heard he had surgery to relieve pressure in his brain I have no other update on condition or anything like that

A candlelight vigil is planned for Friday evening @ 8:00. At the Joan, a season ticket-holder appreciation cookout that starts @ 6:30 will be wrapping up a day of activities for those fans (access to the afternoon practice and being able to go down on the field afterwards). I believe a bunch of folks will walk over to be a part of this!! Mike H will have some remarks to start it off....

.......some of you may remember that years ago (25-30?) the November
Fountain ceremony started in the evening. The music department provided the band. We would fumble our way through the words of the Alma Mater, and then the program. As I have mentioned before, I was honored to introduce the keynote speaker @ the 10th anniversary ceremony in 1980. A senior that year, I wasn’t yet 12 years old on that September afternoon vs Xavier. I couldn’t see the final play because everyone was standing, screaming at the tops of their lungs. And then the noise doubled! It washed over me and everyone in that stadium. It was so easy to talk about this (still!) young man from Alabama who had forever etched his name into immortality that day a decade earlier. The same smile (huge), the hands (huger!); he took everyone around the fountain back to that day and spoke lovingly about his teammates lost to the Crash. Coach Randle had brought the players over to be witness to the event, so he spoke to them as well. The fountain would be turned off, and the ceremony would conclude in darkness, where candles would be passed out to everyone in the crowd....you can imagine the goosebumps! Quite the sight, and sooo quiet.
Go Reggie!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwp2pv4aip99gzd/Photo Nov 14, 11 05 30.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
.......Those who would take 5 mins to send #12 a get-well card send to following address:
Huntsville Hospital

101 Sivley Rd SW

NICU Oliver

Huntsville, AL 35801

I know it would mean a great deal to Reggie!
Thanks
WS
p.s. he is resting and healing as of last report

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT