ADVERTISEMENT

Downtown San Francisco is losing more retail giants.

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Looks like Nordstrom's is now shuttering their final 2 stores. They now join a list (see article linked) to leave. Congrats liberal Marxist progressives. You created this mess so don't whine now that corporate America is done with it. Whole Foods just left as well. The company blamed the closure on concerns about staff safety and deteriorating conditions in the area. You can't allow hordes of teens to run into stores and steal 1,000's of dollars of merchandise and refuse to enforce the law forever. Plus allowing people to crap on the sidewals and have tent cities everywhere doesn't help either

https://sfstandard.com/business/nor...tores-citing-deteriorating-conditions-report/

Plus allowing people to crap on the sidewals and have tent cities everywhere doesn't help either
When is the last time that you walked around San Francisco?
As the CFO of Walgreen's said, people over exaggerate the issue and "cry too much."

Are there issues? I'm sure there are. Is it like you said with "allowing people to crap on the sidewalks and have tent cities everywhere"? No.

I walked from downtown to the Giants baseball stadium (about a mile each way) twice and had a car the other time. I was shocked to have not seen a single homeless person. Walk downtown in San Diego, Salt Lake City, Vegas, Los Angeles, Denver, etc., for a couple of miles, and you're sure to see some. Somehow, I didn't see a single one for three nights of quite a bit of walking. The worst parts of SF with this issue is the Tenderloin District and South of Market. My hotel was too far away to walk to the Tenderloin, but I purposely walked to South of Market around 11 pm one night. Again, I didn't see a single homeless person. I actually wanted to see some of the fenty boys, but I didn't see one.

I saw two older teens/young 20s guys rolling a joint. I saw a downtown that seemed quite empty of people for late on a weekend night. I saw a noticeable absence of any police officers. But I didn't see a single homeless person.

Now, I was there during the same time that the California governor was there to talk about the issue and help combat it, so maybe they cleaned up and moved people out for his arrivals, but I was surprised to not see a single example of the things that you mentioned.

As the CFO of Walgreen's said, people over exaggerate the issue and "cry too much."

Are there issues? I'm sure there are. Is it like you said with "allowing people to crap on the sidewalks and have tent cities everywhere"? No.

I walked from downtown to the Giants baseball stadium (about a mile each way) twice and had a car the other time. I was shocked to have not seen a single homeless person. Walk downtown in San Diego, Salt Lake City, Vegas, Los Angeles, Denver, etc., for a couple of miles, and you're sure to see some. Somehow, I didn't see a single one for three nights of quite a bit of walking. The worst parts of SF with this issue is the Tenderloin District and South of Market. My hotel was too far away to walk to the Tenderloin, but I purposely walked to South of Market around 11 pm one night. Again, I didn't see a single homeless person. I actually wanted to see some of the fenty boys, but I didn't see one.

I saw two older teens/young 20s guys rolling a joint. I saw a downtown that seemed quite empty of people for late on a weekend night. I saw a noticeable absence of any police officers. But I didn't see a single homeless person.

Now, I was there during the same time that the California governor was there to talk about the issue and help combat it, so maybe they cleaned up and moved people out for his arrivals, but I was surprised to not see a single example of the things that you mentioned.
I haven't been there, but it is concerning to hear story after story about this issue Rifle. I am going to post a link with an interview with Michael Shellenberger who is an environmentalist and liberal. I doubt you will have time to watch this but this view is held by plenty of people who are liberal and concerned about what is taking place. By the way this is a great interview

Reactions: 30CAT

In 2021 Walgreens closed 5 San Fran area stores, citing shoplifting.

“Organized retail crime continues to be a challenge facing retailers across San Francisco, and we are not immune to that,” Walgreens spokesman Phil Caruso said. “Retail theft across our San Francisco stores has continued to increase in the past few months to five times our chain average. During this time, to help combat this issue, we increased our investments in security measures in stores across the city to 46 times our chain average in an effort to provide a safe environment.”

“Organized retail crime continues to be a challenge facing retailers across San Francisco, and we are not immune to that,” Walgreens spokesman Phil Caruso said. “Retail theft across our San Francisco stores has continued to increase in the past few months to five times our chain average. During this time, to help combat this issue, we increased our investments in security measures in stores across the city to 46 times our chain average in an effort to provide a safe environment.”
You've got it all wrong Herdman. Nothing is wrong with SF. Sure, downtown is dead, outside of the baseball games; the city pushes the bums up into the neighborhoods out of sight were few tourists walk at night, but...yeah, nothing wrong here. Everything you see about businesses closing, and people leaving the city of SF is blown out of proportion. (sarcasm off)

For a trip down memory lane...

@riflearm2 was as wrong then as he's wrong now...

Huntington has homeless? How?! $14 gets you a two bedroom/1 bath place. Hell, a packet of crack and some scratch off tickets gets you a free month in one of Middle Class Murox's crackhouses.

I'm not sure what your point is, and I don't think you really do either.

You've got it all wrong Herdman. Nothing is wrong with SF. Sure, downtown is dead, outside of the baseball games; the city pushes the bums up into the neighborhoods out of sight were few tourists walk at night, but...yeah, nothing wrong here. Everything you see about businesses closing, and people leaving the city of SF is blown out of proportion. (sarcasm off)
Fun. More straw men from the people who can't read.

Nothing is wrong with SF.
Are there issues? I'm sure there are.

Why lie, ITT?

I haven't been there,

If you ever get the opportunity or itch to travel, San Francisco should be one of the top five cities in the country you go to. Regardless of

Reactions: ohio herd

For a trip down memory lane...

@riflearm2 was as wrong then as he's wrong now...

Read the entire article, then come back and apologize to me, you fvcking morons:

Read the entire article, then come back and apologize to me, you fvcking morons:

What do I need to apologize for? Pretty much confirmed what we suggested. Downtowns are dying. The exodus out of SF began a few years ago. Was in NYC not that long ago. Talk about another city I was shocked to see with all the empty store fronts.
Watched a homeless guy in LA my last time there drop his pants and drop a turd on the side walk. About 5 blocks from the crypto.com arena.
Place is a shit dump

What do I need to apologize for? Pretty much confirmed what we suggested. Downtowns are dying. The exodus out of SF began a few years ago. Was in NYC not that long ago. Talk about another city I was shocked to see with all the empty store fronts.
Watched a homeless guy in LA my last time there drop his pants and drop a turd on the side walk. About 5 blocks from the crypto.com arena.
Place is a shit dump
Literally.

Literally.

Place is a shit dump

Are you both truly this stupid or just willing to be this dishonest?

Our discussion wasn't about "downtowns are dying." It was about a very specific city losing retail due to liberal policies not holding criminals accountable.

My article dismantled that argument, and now both of you deplorables are trying to change what you were arguing.

Tier Three and ITT: quite a duo of intelligence.

FWIW, I personally know a DPM and Ortho Suregon that have moved out of SF in the last months.
They tell me it's out of hand and just nasty.
Not close to what it was when they moved there 20 years or so.

Reactions: KyMUfan

Our discussion wasn't about "downtowns are dying." It was about a very specific city losing retail due to liberal policies not holding criminals accountable.

My article dismantled that argument, and now both of you deplorables are trying to change what you were arguing.

Are you a retard? He just said he saw someone take a dump in downtown L.A. and called the place a "shit dump." To which I (hilariously) replied "literally.

You have turned into an absolutely terrible poster. You're approaching Greed levels of (in)tolerability. I don't know if you've lost your sense of humor because of your advanced age, or if the constant exposure of sun on your head due to your ever-diminishing hairline has drained you of the ability to enjoy life. Either way, maybe you should take a few days off to reboot and come back when you're ready to stop being a gay, fvckstick.

Last edited:
FWIW, I personally know a DPM and Ortho Suregon that have moved out of SF in the last months.
They tell me it's out of hand and just nasty.
Not close to what it was when they moved there 20 years or so.

Same here. I know a couple that had great jobs, hers in downtown SF that have done the same. We have talked some in a detail about how bad SF has become.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
My article dismantled that argument

Is this really you???
  • Nathaniel Meyersohn is a consumer reporter at CNN Business. He covers shopping, consumer trends and major retailers like Walmart, Amazon, Target and Costco.
    His coverage highlights include a 10-month investigation into armed robberies and violence against workers at Dollar General and a series of articles on the struggles of retail and grocery store workers in the pandemic. Enterprise stories on Costco's $4.99 rotisserie chicken strategy and the fast-growing German supermarket chain Aldi were CNN Business' most-read articles of the year in 2019.
    Prior to joining CNN Business, Meyersohn worked on CNN's investigative team and at BuzzFeed News.
    He graduated from Emory University in Atlanta with a degree in southern history.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Are you a retard? He just said he saw someone take a dump in downtown L.A. and called the place a "shit dump." To which I (hilariously) replied "literally.

You have turned into an absolutely terrible poster. You're approaching Greed levels of (in)tolerability. I don't know if you've lost your sense of humor because of your advanced age, or if the constant exposure to sun on your head due to your ever-diminishing hairline has drained you of the ability to enjoy life. Either way, maybe you should take a few days off to reboot and come back when you're ready to stop being a gay, fvckstick.
Wait: your “literally” post was in response to just one small part of KY Jelly’s post and not in response to his main point? In that case, moron, quote the portion of his post that you’re responding to. Seriously, go back and read what you quoted of his and then your response.

How would anybody have any clue that you were only saying “literally” to one small part of his post and not the main point of his post that took up the most words?

I’m a terrible poster? No. You’ve been on this board for how many years and still have the critical thinking skills of a typical Marshall alum after a life of a WV education. Learn how to post, moron.

Is this really you???
So you’re just going to run from your lie?

This thread wasn’t about downtowns disappearing. It was about merchants leaving downtown SF due to liberal policies which have increased crime.

So why lie? And knowing that, refute the article that I posted which supports my argument going back months ago on here and crushes yours.

Oh, this again. What claim have I made on here that is a lie?

So you can't win an argument so now you want to talk about yourself?

I told you to argue with yourself. Now talk to yourself about yourself, because I have no desire to talk about you.

So you can't win an argument so now you want to talk about yourself?

I told you to argue with yourself. Now talk to yourself about yourself, because I have no desire to talk about you.
You’re a joke. You were so wrong in this thread that your lied about what your claim was. Then, instead of defending that lie, you make a lie about me. Then, instead of defending that lie, you show the coward that you are.

Wait: your “literally” post was in response to just one small part of KY Jelly’s post and not in response to his main point? In that case, moron, quote the portion of his post that you’re responding to. Seriously, go back and read what you quoted of his and then your response.

How would anybody have any clue that you were only saying “literally” to one small part of his post and not the main point of his post that took up the most words?

I’m a terrible poster? No. You’ve been on this board for how many years and still have the critical thinking skills of a typical Marshall alum after a life of a WV education. Learn how to post, moron.
Meme-derp.jpg

My liberal California neighbor who drives a Subaru and talks about saving the Earth basically says California is a shithole now. She has Bernie Sanders stickers on her car. She says California is out of control.

Reactions: KyMUfan
My liberal California neighbor who drives a Subaru and talks about saving the Earth basically says California is a shithole now. She has Bernie Sanders stickers on her car. She says California is out of control.
She's as clueless as you other morons who have never spent more than two nights in more than one part of California.

The Russian ex-girlfriend and her mother came and stayed with me my first two nights back from Europe. The mother had a flight from LAX - Istanbul - St. Petersburg. She barely speaks any English, but she was able to muster up an "I love California" before she left.

She had been to LA one other time and didn't like it, but when she saw Orange Country, she, like any other sane person, didn't want to leave. People aren't willing to spend 3X more on real estate and face high taxes to live in a sh!thole, yet it's still the most populated state.

She barely speaks any English

Does that mean she's illiterate???

We know her IQ is low for obvious reasons...

Orange Country

It's only a matter of time now isn't it???

California presidential election 1980

800px-California_Presidential_Election_Results_1980.svg.png

California presidential election 2020

800px-California_Presidential_Election_Results_2020.svg.png

I think we can all see why California is no longer the state it once was...

She's as clueless as you other morons who have never spent more than two nights in more than one part of California.

The Russian ex-girlfriend and her mother came and stayed with me my first two nights back from Europe. The mother had a flight from LAX - Istanbul - St. Petersburg. She barely speaks any English, but she was able to muster up an "I love California" before she left.

She had been to LA one other time and didn't like it, but when she saw Orange Country, she, like any other sane person, didn't want to leave. People aren't willing to spend 3X more on real estate and face high taxes to live in a sh!thole, yet it's still the most populated state.
She's from California. A native Californian. Her parents still live there. She went to the University of California Santa Barbara. She just blasts California all the time and she I both bitch about NC now. Some of it for the same damn reasons. She says NC is starting to have the same problems California did years ago. She says she would never go back to California and she is a damn Bernie fan.

My article dismantled that argument,
No it didn’t. Anyone who has been there for more than 1 night of baseball can tell you the policies of allowing drugs on the streets and not prosecuting crimes like shoplifting is driving people out of SF and other larger cities. The migration began long before the pandemic. The pandemic fueled the trend.

Leases are coming up for renewal and these companies are taking the opportunity to cut bait and run.

Keep hanging in those all white communities outside of big liberal shit dump cities and lying to yourself.

I met a business associates' dad tonight. Has lived in Southern California his entire life. Just bought a house in Texas because he no longer feels safe living there. Retired combat veteran...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT