ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles releasing Vinny....

Sash19

Platinum Buffalo
May 7, 2005
Per twitter, the Eagles are considering releasing Vinny. They have little to no cap room available and Vinny is owed $9mil this year.

Last edited:
nfl.com has a report that they’re trying to restructure his deal to keep him on board. Let’s hope.

Although I wouldn’t complain if he was released by Philly to be picked up by Cincinnati. Then I could actually watch Vinny play.

Would be sad for him to leave. Was his childhood team. I would just take less money if I were him to guarantee I stayed with a winner and with his fav team. Especially after winning a SB.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Most recent word is that they are trying to restructure his contract, and failing that, several teams have lined up to trade for him. He's going to be just fine.

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
Most recent word is that they are trying to restructure his contract, and failing that, several teams have lined up to trade for him. He's going to be just fine.
so is this bad news for Vinny? or Chris Long?
Eagles get Michael Bennett

update on Vinny.....
The Eagles were already uncomfortable with the idea of defensive end Vinny Curry making $9 million this season.

But after trading for defensive end Michael Bennett, he’s now literally a luxury they can’t afford.

According to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Eagles are trying to trade Curry now.

While they were initially considering (or trying to talk him into) restructuring his contract, that’s much less likely now. And teams they’re calling will know that, so any return won’t be a big one. The 29-year-old Curry had three sacks last year, as he played through knee problems.

With more accomplished pass-rushers fetching scant returns, they can’t expect much. Bennett and a seventh-rounder got the Seahawks a fifth-rounder and wide receiver Marcus Johnson. The Dolphins acquired Robert Quinn from the Rams for fourth- and sixth-rounders.

If they can’t find someone to throw them a late pick, it seems reasonable to expect that Curry would be released.

Things like this always puzzle me? The Eagles had a great defense last year and won the Super Bowl. Vinny was a solid contributor to that defense and was a starter. He’s also still young.

Why did the Eagles think they had to change things? Was it simply money? I mean they won the Super Bowl, correct me if I’m wrong but that as high as you can go in the NFL. One of the main reason was their defense.

I just find it strange when teams do that after they won a Super Bowl.

Reactions: sistersville
Guessing that a trade is better than being released at this point because it locks Vinny in at the $9 million for 18-19 season. Not sure what a solid D-lineman is pulling in when it comes to free agency. Could be more, could be less... but free agency opens up the entire league to him and his agent can work towards the best match system-wise. He probably wins either way, but I know we're all hoping for the best for him!!!

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Hopefully he has been smart and invested well. He should be set for life now, if he was wise. jmo.

Things like this always puzzle me? The Eagles had a great defense last year and won the Super Bowl. Vinny was a solid contributor to that defense and was a starter. He’s also still young.

Why did the Eagles think they had to change things? Was it simply money? I mean they won the Super Bowl, correct me if I’m wrong but that as high as you can go in the NFL. One of the main reason was their defense.

I just find it strange when teams do that after they won a Super Bowl.
all true, but is Vinny worth $9 million a year, relative to his production? Thats the question

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT