ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN SBC Prediction

"You clearly don't know what a straw man (two words, not one) argument use, "

Drop in to see how things are going (already knew) and am not disappointed.

You excluded the best part: " . . . and I take partial responsibility for that due to using the term frequently without first educating west virginians on it."

I'm not trying to be a dick, which is unusual for me.

But that's exactly what every single coach is who comes to Marshall. Nobody starts their career by saying they only want to be the Marshall HC. And if they do, and when they get there, a five year $15 million contract at Syracuse/Wake Forest/etc. speaks a lot louder than their $850k contract at Marshall.

Every single coach Marshall should be interested in already is looking at Marshall as a stepping-stone. They don't plan on coming to Marshall to do a good job and then not move onto the bigger stage for a lot more money.

I'm not trying to be a dick, which is unusual for me.

But your entire post makes no sense. Every coach who comes to Marshall sees it as a stepping-stone, HC or assistant. And that's not exclusive to Marshall. The same holds true for just about every school outside of maybe 15-30.

So your idea is to find one of these coaches (which is all of them) and pay them 40% less than what they could get elsewhere and teach them they can use Marshall as a stepping-stone (as if they don't already know that)?

No coach is going to leave a $250k FCS job who is doing good enough to get an FBS gig in order to earn $500k and hope he can succeed, when he is able to get $850k at other FBS gigs.

This is very unusual for you...

You excluded the best part: " . . . and I take partial responsibility for that due to using the term frequently without first educating west virginians on it."

It's perfect the way it reads "You clearly don't know what a straw man (two words, not one) argument use, "

Guess what Nick ain’t coming out of retirement
Conflate much. So because I don't think this guy is any good you automatically think I was Nick Saban. You want us to go after a guy that when at his best is just average. No thanks.

Conflate much. So because I don't think this guy is any good you automatically think I was Nick Saban. You want us to go after a guy that when at his best is just average. No thanks.
say-what-gif-file-9727kb-zb3c262abbbca28o.webp

He suggested a coach that I said we could do better than and he said "Nick ain't coming out of retirement." Meaning Nick Saban. I was in no way saying we deserve Nick Saban, but we can do a lot better than an FCS coach that has been average at best.

He suggested a coach that I said we could do better than and he said "Nick ain't coming out of retirement." Meaning Nick Saban. I was in no way saying we deserve Nick Saban, but we can do a lot better than an FCS coach that has been average at best.
This makes sense. Sorry, the first one was confusing as I didn't think sluggo1 called you Nick, lol

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
We can? We would be lucky to have someone like Pete Goes into turn around places and turns them around. Look at Lamar, turned a 1-5 conference record into 5-2 record his first year. Or you can keep hiring guys who never have called a play on O or D

We can? We would be lucky to have someone like Pete Goes into turn around places and turns them around. Look at Lamar, turned a 1-5 conference record into 5-2 record his first year. Or you can keep hiring guys who never have called a play on O or D
It was one season and @riflearm2 laid out the other contributing factors. Let's see if he can continue this "rebound" and build on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT