ADVERTISEMENT

Excellent take by Eric Weinstein

And it will come as no surprise when Rifle storms into this thread with his childish name calling, exemplifying every example listed in Weinstein's tweet.
And falsely claiming to be more intelligent and successful than Weinstein, having once read a physics textbook and invested money in a payday money loan fraud scheme business.

I'd say the same about the Republicans.

But there is a difference.

For the most part, Democrat dissenters are to the far left. They are the radicals of the party. Of course they are not going to unite behind a center left ticket but have no where to go.

For the most part, Republican dissenters are center right, or at least the American version of center right. They have been ran off by the radicals of the party that are now the majority. They have no where to go.

Weinstein is in reality describing independents. And the reality is that is who matters in elections.

The core Democratic party issue is Biden is a zombie. Nothing else can be done until that is solved. Who wants to vote for someone with dementia?

For the most part, Democrat dissenters are to the far left. They are the radicals of the party. Of course they are not going to unite behind a center left ticket but have no where to go.

For the most part, Republican dissenters are center right, or at least the American version of center right. They have been ran off by the radicals of the party that are now the majority. They have no where to go.

Weinstein is in reality describing independents. And the reality is that is who matters in elections.

The core Democratic party issue is Biden is a zombie.

This is a bad take, and has nothing to do with Republicans. The GOP is full of center right (and center left) people who simply want freedom, be it economic or otherwise.

I would bet $1,000 that nobody can even accurately define “far right.” It’s just a boogie man used to take attention away from the communists on the left.

Reactions: 30CAT

The core Democratic party issue is Biden is a zombie. Nothing else can be done until that is solved. Who wants to vote for someone with dementia?

...and the ?fall out? from carrying water for that and/or telling everyone to not believe their lying eyes.

I do think they're losing the center over the BIden stuff...some people are OK with a shadow govt, some people aren't...and I also think they're losing young men. The blowback from woke/gender stuff in gen Z seems real to me in my little circle...youth sports car pool...these kids don't buy it. and I know lots of their parents are liberals but they think it's nuts.

young women though I think still feel safe in democratic party and again in my little bubble i swear a lot of it is due to Taylor Swift. I'm not kidding.

The GOP is full of center right (and center left)
Lol.
..and the ?fall out? from carrying water for that and/or telling everyone to not believe their lying eyes.
Agreed.
young women though I think still feel safe in democratic party and again in my little bubble i swear a lot of it is due to Taylor Swift. I'm not kidding.
Maybe they would like access to abortion if impregnated by a rapist.

Lol.

Agreed.

That and in frank discussions with women I respect...we're talking great moms, great people, etc....they say "I think of the life I have now and though it didn't happen to me, if i would have messed up one night in college and gotten pregnant it wouldn't exist now....I want that option for my daughters."

I disagree, but I can be sympathetic to that and understand what they're saying.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
That and in frank discussions with women I respect...we're talking great moms, great people, etc....they say "I think of the life I have now and though it didn't happen to me, if i would have messed up one night in college and gotten pregnant it wouldn't exist now....I want that option for my daughters."

I disagree, but I can be sympathetic to that and understand what they're saying.
Yes, I don't think that way either but I get it.

I do think in terms of protecting rights because of the outliers, so it is what I tend to express.

Just about 1 percent of all abortions occur because of rape. Let's not pretend that is what the uproar is over.

The Left wants abortion as birth control.

If the law said all abortions for rape and incest were legal, which they should, it wouldn't be enough for the baby killers.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
It's no surprise that many of you conspiracy theorists jump on any bandwagon Weinstein and his equally as crazy brother hitch to. They are both are batshit crazy. Remember, smart does not equate to sane. These are the types of characters who are on the podcasts that many of you, thinking you're open-minded and enlightened, listen to while tuning into Rogan and Peterson.

Weinstein's take would make sense if a few major things were different:

1) Name me all of these former Democrats who have recently jumped to the Republican Party. The one example given is batshit-crazy and ethically bankrupt Elon Musk? I'll pass.
2) Show me all of the Republicans who agree with everything their party/party leaders say on all issues. Sure, we have a bunch of sheep on this board that are forced to defend absurdly stupid takes (look at the thread yesterday where they all denied trump's 2nd Amendment reference toward Clinton), but the rest of the country isn't as dumb as many regular Republican posters on this board. In reality, it is very uncommon for party members to agree with every single thing their party supports. Do you really think most Republicans support gay marriage? Of course not. Hell, your VP selection doesn't even agree with trump on it. Abortion? Same thing. Likewise, most Democrats don't support the party's stance on every single issue, so people aren't fleeing the Democratic Party due to disagreeing with their policies.
3) What is happening? Democratic members are apathetic and dispassionate about their party right now. That isn't because they disagree with high school sports allowing birth-gender mixed participation. It's because they don't strongly support the party's leadership right now (Biden/Harris). This isn't a case, like decades ago for both parties, where party members feel that their party is leaving them behind. It's simply a case of bad leadership for the time being and apathy as a result.

The GOP is full of center right (and center left) people who simply want freedom, be it economic or otherwise.
You can't be serious. Decades ago, it was reversed: Democrats were trying to censor books, music, and impede free-market economics. Now, it is entirely reversed: It is Republicans who are wanting to censor those things, including trump, who is the complete opposite of a free-market economist supporter.

trump has shown via words and actions that he wants to take away freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution. He has shown via words and actions that he doesn't believe in a free-market economy. State Republican leaders have shown via words and actions that they want freedom of speech and expression eliminated.

If freedom is what you're after, Republicans are stuck with two things: having to wear a mask during Covid and guns. Other than that, Democrats are by far the party that pushes freedom more.

I would bet $1,000 that nobody can even accurately define “far right.” It’s just a boogie man used to take attention away from the communists on the left.

Definition: Charlottesville protesters. I accept both Zelle and Paypal for that $1000.

You are delusional if you think the GOP is full of center-left people.

I would be delusional if I said the Dems were full of center-right people.

Independents outnumber both parties for a reason. And even then, the lean numbers are equal, also for a reason.

Would it go down better if I had said “has plenty of” instead? Either way, I’m right. You also (intentionally) left out the rest of my statement.

Do you realize how many center left people are Republicans simply because of economic reasons? Those people are all over the place.

1) Name me all of these former Democrats who have recently jumped to the Republican Party.

Why do you do this? This is so easy.

First…Here’s an article you might want to read.

Here are multiple politicians:

2020 – Jason Barrett, West Virginia State Representative[130]
2021 – Jon Lancaster, Mississippi State Representative[131]
2021 – Vernon Jones, former Georgia State Representative[132]
2021 – John Jay Lee, North Las Vegas Mayor[133]
2021 – Mick Bates, West Virginia State Delegate[134]
2021 – Inna Vernikov, Later New York City Councilmember[135]
2021 – Ryan Guillen, Texas State Representative[136]
2022 – Ari Kagan, New York City Councilmember[137]
2022 – Glenn Jeffries, West Virginia State Senator
2022 – Alec Brook-Krasny, New York State Assemblymember[138]
2023 – Dov Hikind, former New York State Assemblymember[139]
2023 – Francis C. Thompson, Louisiana State Representative[140]
2023 – Tricia Cotham, North Carolina State Representative[141]
2023 – Jeremy LaCombe, Louisiana State Representative[142]
2023 – Elliott Pritt, West Virginia State Delegate[143]
2023 – Mesha Mainor, Georgia State Representative[144]
2023 – Eric Johnson, mayor of Dallas, Texas[145]
2024 – Matthew Coker, New Hampshire State Representative[146]
2024 – Mike McDonnell, Nebraska State Senator
2024 - John S. Rodgers, former Vermont State Senator

These are just the easy ones. Do we need to get into the Amber Rose’s of the world, or is this enough?

• Haha
You also (intentionally) left out the rest of my statement.
Because there are plenty of center right people in the GOP. Who would debate that?
Do you realize how many center left people are Republicans simply because of economic reasons?
This is not supported by the data.

The data supports that these people identify as independents. Independents equally lean GOP or Dem. No one is hiding in the GOP bushes....or the Dem bushes.

I believe what you incorrectly do is label now mainstream opinions as liberal. Usually for the Bible Thumpers like yourself, it has something to do with the gays. Support for or ambivalence about gay marriage is no longer left or right. It is mainstream. You have open alpha (I assume, hell maybe he is a bottom) queers like Peter Thiel who are now radical right wing Nationalists running the party (wild, ain't it). Why? Because gay is mainstream. It's neither left nor right.

Democrats are by far the party that pushes freedom more.

The freedom to suck a d*ck, cut off your d*ck, and molest or kill children, sure. Other than that, it’s no contest.

You’re just as delusional as Raoul if you believe a word you typed.

Democrats are by far the party that pushes freedom more
If you're describing freedom to loot, burn and destroy others personal property, freedom to loiter and shit in the streets, freedom to shoot up heroine and expand recreational drug use, freedom to cross the border illegally at will...this is the dem free party these days.

Why do you do this? This is so easy.

First…Here’s an article you might want to read.

This is as stupid as Crispy Lips' constant and incorrect claim when he only looks at the number of people moving out of California and not taking into consideration the number of people moving in.

If 100k leave but 200k move in, then that pretty much destroys his point, huh? Likewise, the same with you. If 1M switch to the GOP but 700k switch the other way, it greatly ruins your attempt. Again, deplorables, before posting, please try to analyze what you're posting.

]

Here are multiple politicians:

2020 – Jason Barrett, West Virginia State Representative[130]
2021 – Jon Lancaster, Mississippi State Representative[131]
2021 – Vernon Jones, former Georgia State Representative[132]
2021 – John Jay Lee, North Las Vegas Mayor[133]
2021 – Mick Bates, West Virginia State Delegate[134]
2021 – Inna Vernikov, Later New York City Councilmember[135]
2021 – Ryan Guillen, Texas State Representative[136]
2022 – Ari Kagan, New York City Councilmember[137]
2022 – Glenn Jeffries, West Virginia State Senator
2022 – Alec Brook-Krasny, New York State Assemblymember[138]
2023 – Dov Hikind, former New York State Assemblymember[139]
2023 – Francis C. Thompson, Louisiana State Representative[140]
2023 – Tricia Cotham, North Carolina State Representative[141]
2023 – Jeremy LaCombe, Louisiana State Representative[142]
2023 – Elliott Pritt, West Virginia State Delegate[143]
2023 – Mesha Mainor, Georgia State Representative[144]
2023 – Eric Johnson, mayor of Dallas, Texas[145]
2024 – Matthew Coker, New Hampshire State Representative[146]
2024 – Mike McDonnell, Nebraska State Senator
2024 - John S. Rodgers, former Vermont State Senator
And my same point applies to this. Ballotpedia or one of those sites tracks this with politicians. If 20 switch to the GOP but 15 switch to Democrat, your point is destroyed. But just like Crispy Lips and his California attempts, neither of you are intelligent enough to think that way.

?Bill Ackman?
?mark Andreesen? ?horowtiz?
?john McWhorter?
?joe Rogan?
?Vinay Prasad?
?Bari Weiss?

All those seems to be people favoring Rs over Ds (maybe not out and out republicans but their public influence sphere is certainly leaning closer to R's than D's) now and wasn’t the case previously. They all have influence and are not dumb.

Brett Weinstein I agree is kind of a whack job (especially on Covid). He was done dirty at that college though.

I don't think I'd call Eric batshit. He's been ahead of the curve about a lot of things. Of course they don't get it all right, but is there some other great group of public intellectuals we should be consuming you'd prefer? Go ahead and throw them out there, I'm all ears.

Reactions: big_country90
Maybe just maybe I hadn't read that far down before I posted.
200.gif

If 100k leave but 200k move in, then that pretty much destroys his point, huh? Likewise, the same with you. If 1M switch to the GOP but 700k switch the other way, it greatly ruins your attempt. Again, deplorables, before posting, please try to analyze what you're posting.

First…I simply posted an article with no commentary. However, the article says 630,000…not 700,000…switched to Democrat. It also says “more than” 1 million switched to Republican. So if the number is 1.7 million total, it would be closer to 1,070,000 to 630,000 in favor of Republicans. That’s a net gain of 440,000 for Republicans. That’s pretty significant.

But that wasn’t the argument.

You changed the argument because it was so easily defeated.

You simply asked for names of people (who you thought didn’t exist) that left the Democrat party and became Republicans. I gave you a list of 20 that was easily found on Wikipedia. Now, you want to talk net gain? Ok…in the same timeframe, here are the ones who switched to the dark side:

2020 – Frank Aguilar, member of the Cook County Board of Commissioners. Previously served in the Illinois House of Representatives[302]
2021 – William Marsh, New Hampshire State Representative[303]
2021 – Joy Hofmeister, Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction[304]
2021 – Jennifer McCormick, former Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction (2017–2021)[305]
2022 – Jim Leach, former U.S. Representative from Iowa (1977–2007)[306]
2022 – Kevin Priola, Colorado State Senator[307]
2023 – Samuel D. Thompson, New Jersey State Senator[308]
2023 – Michelle Henry, Attorney General of Pennsylvania[309]

That’s 8. Still a net gain of 12 for the good guys.

Next time, don’t change the argument mid stream. You said these people didn’t exist and I easily showed you they did.

After analyzing….you lost.

If 100k leave but 200k move in, then that pretty much destroys his point, huh?

Except that's not what happened and my point wasn't destroyed, dingleberry, so just stop.

California's population declined for three years in a row, beginning in 2020, but increased slightly in 2023.

California's population in 2020 was 39,503,200. Today (2024) it is 39,128,162 for a DEFICIT of 375,038.

So what you just said and what I'm replying to, is 100% wrong. Yes. It is growing again, for the first time since 2020, but it still isn't back to what it was, Pedo-puss.

Last edited:
No, he's not. Biden was entirely different four years ago than he is today.

I hope you will join us at the mountain house to honor @i am herdman with an honorary Neurology degree because he called him mush brain 4 years ago. How could this ever have been predicted? He’s an incredible neurologist. To think he could have predicted an “entirely different “ case of dementia from every single one ever that starts in certain ways then progresses exactly as expected is unreal.

Congrats, Dr Herdman

Guys it’s fine. The year is 2020 and he’s at his best when he’s not speaking. It only gets better from here.

“Perhaps most damning to the prospect of his running a presidential administration come January, to say nothing of four to eight years from now, the 77-year-old proved to be senescent, leaving thoughts unfinished in his public remarks, going off on tangents from which there was little hope of returning, and stumbling through debate appearances while his opponents ran roughshod over his stream of gaffes.”

Guys it’s fine. The year is 2020 and he’s at his best when he’s not speaking. It only gets better from here.

“Perhaps most damning to the prospect of his running a presidential administration come January, to say nothing of four to eight years from now, the 77-year-old proved to be senescent, leaving thoughts unfinished in his public remarks, going off on tangents from which there was little hope of returning, and stumbling through debate appearances while his opponents ran roughshod over his stream of gaffes.”
And trump, a year older than Biden was at that time, does much of the same. Do you want to see mashup videos of him recently calling people the wrong name, going off script to nonsensical things, mispronouncing basic words, etc.?

And trump, a year older than Biden was at that time, does much of the same. Do you want to see mashup videos of him recently calling people the wrong name, going off script to nonsensical things, mispronouncing basic words, etc.?
He’s old. But he’s not even in yhe same ball park.

He looks like a normal to better than normal active 80 year old. Not a fan of that kind of person being president but to act like he’s as bad as Joe is crazy to me.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT