ADVERTISEMENT

Fading Out

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
A couple I knew while I was at Marshall sent me a subscription to People magazine as a gift. Nice pictures and I always enjoy seeing how quickly I can do the crossword puzzle at the end.

The thing I notice is I hardly know any of the celebrities. It is like I’m leafing through a magazine from Earth II. I know many of you are younger, but do you ever feel that society today is one you no longer recognize?

Depressing. I’m going to go lie under the front deck and replace the deteriorating lattice.

jerk off tv land GIF by #Impastor

A couple I knew while I was at Marshall sent me a subscription to People magazine as a gift. Nice pictures and I always enjoy seeing how quickly I can do the crossword puzzle at the end.

The thing I notice is I hardly know any of the celebrities. It is like I’m leafing through a magazine from Earth II. I know many of you are younger, but do you ever feel that society today is one you no longer recognize?

Depressing. I’m going to go lie under the front deck and replace the deteriorating lattice.
When I go back to my hometown in WV I hardly know anyone. It’s like where are these people from? So it depresses me and I break out the jerkins like @herdfan06

When I go back to my hometown in WV I hardly know anyone. It’s like where are these people from? So it depresses me and I break out the jerkins like @herdfan06
shit, that's nothing. i live in a county with a total population of @ 10K and a county seat of which i grew up 5 minutes from with a population of @ 2,300. i now live around 15 minutes from said town and hardly know anyone.

that could be because there's a bunch of outsiders that have moved in, orrrrrr, it could be because i've destroyed the majority of my memory over the years and now have a bad case of CRS.

. . . now, if i can only figure out what in the hell i was planning on doing this afternoon.

Reactions: GeauxHerd

At least you're a "geezer" and getting this way. I'm not young but not a "geezer" yet and feel this way. THough it doesn't bother me at all.

On a group text with a couple we go to dinner with not long ago a woman responded that she couldn't make dinner because she was "going to see Lizzo."

I had to google what a Lizzo was.

Also my son told me "no cap" the other day and I had to look that one up.

Reactions: greengeezer
At least you're a "geezer" and getting this way. I'm not young but not a "geezer" yet.

On a group text with a couple we go to dinner with not long ago a woman responded that she couldn't make dinner because she was "going to see Lizzo."

I had to google what a Lizzo was.
Damn you, I knew there was a reason you did not warn us first...

• Haha
Reactions: -CarlHungus-
shit, that's nothing. i live in a county with a total population of @ 10K and a county seat of which i grew up 5 minutes from with a population of @ 2,300. i now live around 15 minutes from said town and hardly know anyone.

that could be because there's a bunch of outsiders that have moved in, orrrrrr, it could be because i've destroyed the majority of my memory over the years and now have a bad case of CRS.

. . . now, if i can only figure out what in the hell i was planning on doing this afternoon.
You keeping it Rural but where you are keeping it Rural is very serine. (Unless you need to find a store open after 9 or 10 pm). And I can say that as I am the only board member who has seen your house in person and mailed you a fake butt cream package with glitter in it.

• Haha
Reactions: WV-FAN
Ok, I going to try this going out for a case of water thing again. If I don’t post on here in two or three days, please send the authorities to bring me home.

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Could be that celebrities are not as big of a deal these days. No one really goes to the movies, there's 500 TV channels so stardom is diluted, , and we carry around these devices that let us listen to the exact music we want to hear no matter where we are, even while we are driving.

I heard someone say somewhere that now it's more "micro communities" of interest rather than just a HUGE block of pop culture interest. It's harder to get the interest of a giant swath of people because there's more than just basic cable TV on our eyes now.

TV is competing across media with Twitter/social media and youtube.

It does seem much easier to get in your happy little silo and stay there and be oblivious for better or worse to a lot of things out there.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT