ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite hot sauce

ThunderCat98

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 23, 2007
I realize this is a regional thing, but my post in the Chic-fil-A thread got me thinking - what is your favorite hot sauce? I grew up eating Texas Pete and have always loved the stuff. Pizza, hot dogs, eggs (boiled eggs with Texas Pete are a delicacy), sandwiches - I put it on everything.

P.S. Anyone that suggests the abomination that is Tobassco will automatically be banned for life by our elected leader, Herdman.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
I realize this is a regional thing, but my post in the Chic-fil-A thread got me thinking - what is your favorite hot sauce? I grew up eating Texas Pete and have always loved the stuff. Pizza, hot dogs, eggs (boiled eggs with Texas Pete are a delicacy), sandwiches - I put it on everything.

P.S. Anyone that suggests the abomination that is Tobassco will automatically be banned for life by our elected leader, Herdman.
Sriracha guy here. Also agree on Texas Pete. Must have condiment.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I don’t think I’ve specifically tried Texas Pete but I’ve always found southern hot sauces to have a bit of a deeper heat and the Mexican ones I’m used to now to have a zingier heat. Fresher, less tomatoey.

I don’t really care for Sriracha but I would also put it in the zingy heat category.

Texas Pete is fine, for old people and women.

If you want a more serious hot sauce that won't break the bank, there are several good options from El Yucateco. If I may, I would suggest either the Chile Habanero Black Label Reserve or Chile Habanero Mayan Recipe. Neither are nuclear level by any means, but great flavor. You'll likely recognize their traditional red and green hot sauce in a lot of Mexican restaurants.

El Yucateco products

El Yucateco Chile Habanero Xxxtra Hot Sauce
Cholula
Heartbreaking Dawns Classic Gold Habanero Hot Sauce
The first one you listed was a go-to for me for several years until I finally gave the Black Label Reserve a try.

I had avoided it for a long time because honestly, it's almost black in appearance and it just seemed suspect to me, but I finally gave it a shot. Now it's my daily driver, but sometimes the Mayan Recipe aka Xxxtra Hot is a better choice, depending on what it's being paired with.

Good question…

For me it depends on the dish.

Most Mexican I like Chalula. Exception is in my guacamole I like a couple of drops of tobasco.

Spaghetti with Tomato sauce I also like Tobasco.

Chili or breakfast food like eggs or potatoes I do Texas Pete.

Pho or most Asian I do Siracha.

Tabasco is fine. It's my go-to on sunny side up eggs. I don't want a powerful sauce when I have the traditional big breakfast with bacon, taters, toast, etc. Strong sauces throw off my palate for my apple butter or orange marmalade.

El Yucateco
I remember when you couldn't find this in grocery stores. I'd steal a bottle from one of the Mexican joints.

Valentina
Their black label is very good.

Puckerbutt has some great sauces. I'm partial to I Dare You Stupit.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Traditionally speaking @herdfan06 would respond but I guess he got sidetracked...

*Tabasco

Don't worry Doc Fungus, I got this one for you

Star Trek Bones GIF

Tabasco is fine. It's my go-to on sunny side up eggs. I don't want a powerful sauce when I have the traditional big breakfast with bacon, taters, toast, etc.

This is how I got my start into the world of hot sauce. There was a tiny bottle included in our MRE's. When I was in Basic Training, I swear the fvcking Drills held the tuna noodle casserole aside to throw at my head every damn time they issued these for chow.

That little bottle of Tabasco was worth its weight in gold.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
When I was in college I got ahold of some miracle fruit tablets that would make sour foods taste sweet, and they also made spicy foods not really taste spicy. I’d **** with people by using one then eating a lemon like a hand fruit.

Anyway, one day I bet a roommate I could do a shot of Tabasco. He took me up on it and I slammed the shot. And in my mouth it was fine. Not pleasant, but not terrible.

But all the way down my esophagus, and in my stomach, dear god.

• Haha
Reactions: marshallisqbu
I keep a bottle of Frank's and a bottle of Sriracha ready to go at all times. Lately, I've discovered Truff. It's hot sauce made with black truffles and its outstanding. Comes in regular and extra hot. Kind of expensive but got me addicted quickly.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I deep fried some chicken wings out on the back porch last year, and dipped them SOBs in a Korean chili sauce with some fresh grated pineapple.

They were pretty damn good, but I couldn't even wipe my behind the next morning. Only option was to take a cold wet wash rag, and pat that ass.
Gotta get that bidet

Redneck style...

h3ta0hdhy5n41.jpg
“maw it’s still dirty, blast it again!”

The funny thing is that’s not THAT different than mine. Just hooks to the toilet water infeed instead of a hose and the trigger is on the outside.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
If I can't get it off with my hand, I'm going to just have to wear it until I shower again.

I can't even imagine using one of those things. Probably end up spraying poop all over my back and down my legs, forcing me to have to shower again anyways, or jump in the swimming pool.
I’m trying to imagine how you think a bidet works that this is a possibility but I just cannot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT