ADVERTISEMENT

FIU Game Thread

DsyO7sNUUAAINCZ

Reactions: marshallisqbu
This Herd offense is difficult to watch.... And we need to address the kicker situation

Cramsey playcalling sucks. Like the Miami (OH) game he has the first series scripted and has the team ready for, after they it's anyone's guess.

Smart coaching move by Davis.

They are good on offense. We’ve done a nice job overall so far.

Close your eyes, here come our offense.

I'm still trying to figure out how Cramsey's offense can score a lot of points everywhere he's been before Marshall but now the offense struggles. Is his offense played out or is he not being given free will over the play calling?

Reactions: Dre621
I'm still trying to figure out how Cramsey's offense can score a lot of points everywhere he's been before Marshall but now the offense struggles. Is his offense played out or is he not being given free will over the play calling?

Great question. I personally think it’s more execution which may be better after a year into it. Doesn’t help to have a RS Freshman playing QB. I do think he has good upside though.

Oh, it sure feels good NOT being Coach Hairball at Meechegan today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peterson and Gregory work out pretty good.
What are our options? Green needs major work and Thomson was a waste, sad to say. Poor dude’s shoulder will likely never be 100%.

Exactly. You have to choose two guys from the I-AA days. I know it's hard for some to admit, but most of the guys from those days are not FBS caliber players. We romanticize how great those teams were, but most of those guys aren't starting on this year's team.

The only JUCO QBs worth a darn are talen by the top P5 teams and it's usually 2-3 and they were 4 and 5 star guys that washed out for disciplinary reasons at their first schools.

Not to mention most JUCOs we get at our level almost always need their first year to figure it put and hopefully have a big senior year.

If you are in need of a JUCO QB you're probably beyond hopeless anyways.

That being said people bagging on Green are criticizing freshman mistakes. Cato was scared to death to run and left a lot to be desired his freshman year. Half the fan base wanted Graham. Cato got benched for throwing a temper tantrum in national tv at UCF and had Graham not blown his shoulder out at Tulsa we may never have seen Cato become the record setter he was.

Expecting a freshman to perform like a junior or senior is asinine. Once Green grows in our system and learns it, just like Cato had to, he'll be fine.

Exactly. You have to choose two guys from the I-AA days. I know it's hard for some to admit, but most of the guys from those days are not FBS caliber players. We romanticize how great those teams were, but most of those guys aren't starting on this year's team.

The only JUCO QBs worth a darn are talen by the top P5 teams and it's usually 2-3 and they were 4 and 5 star guys that washed out for disciplinary reasons at their first schools.

Not to mention most JUCOs we get at our level almost always need their first year to figure it put and hopefully have a big senior year.

If you are in need of a JUCO QB you're probably beyond hopeless anyways.

That being said people bagging on Green are criticizing freshman mistakes. Cato was scared to death to run and left a lot to be desired his freshman year. Half the fan base wanted Graham. Cato got benched for throwing a temper tantrum in national tv at UCF and had Graham not blown his shoulder out at Tulsa we may never have seen Cato become the record setter he was.

Expecting a freshman to perform like a junior or senior is asinine. Once Green grows in our system and learns it, just like Cato had to, he'll be fine.

I can name about two dozen players from the 1-AA day’s that would start on this years team.

Let's start. Was it JamWilson played for the Panthers. IAA could he play for us now.

John Wade-center Tampa Bay Bucs. Could he play for us now?

Troy Brown-could he play for us now. How many Super Bowl rings?

Giradie Mercer-Eagles, could he play for us now?

Sean Doctor-Bills

Eric Inhat-Bears

Mike Barber-49ers, Bengals

Billy Lyon-Packers

Chad Pennington-not sure if he could get off the bench

Rogers Beckett- Chargers, Bengals

Chris Crocker-Bengals

Hell, Carl Lee - Vikings

Mike Bartrum-Eagles

We had some IAA teams that would beat the piss out this team now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT