ADVERTISEMENT

Former Herd standout Luke Salmons named new football coach of Kentucky 4A powerhouse, Corbin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question would be why?? How much more is Corbin going to pay compared to Midland ?
How much more do you have to make in order to justify the move? Idk all personal decisions. Good luck to him

My question would be why?? How much more is Corbin going to pay compared to Midland ?
How much more do you have to make in order to justify the move? Idk all personal decisions. Good luck to him
It's about moving as far away from West Virginia as he can for his family's sake. It's a great move.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
It's about moving as far away from West Virginia as he can for his family's sake. It's a great move.
Idk. It’s a town of 7500 people over the mountain from Hazard. Maybe be an extra in Justified.
Or he or his wife is from near there
Wish him nothing but luck

Corbin is a home rule-class city in Whitley, Knox and Laurel counties in the southeastern portion of the U.S. state of Kentucky. As of the 2020 census, the city population was 7,856. Corbin is on Interstate 75 and US Route 25W, about halfway between Knoxville, Tennessee, and Lexington.

It’s Getting old dude

I agree. I don't know how you've done it for as long as you have.

How long will WV continue to accept the status quo? Luke is going to a school with an enrollment of about 40% of his former school to get away. He's not the only one, just the most recent.

I agree. I don't know how you've done it for as long as you have.

How long will WV continue to accept the status quo? Luke is going to a school with an enrollment of about 40% of his former school to get away. He's not the only one, just the most recent.

I love it here. I love Huntington.

Your comments are offensive and are rather childish. My skin is thick so it is what it is. But for a place that took you in, is trying to right the ship, and is a nice place to reside, your comments are tiresome.

And you also have no clue why he left.

Corbin, KY better than this area? Have you been there? Trust me, it's not.
It's about money, that's all.

Tough blow for Midland.

I love when people try to make a valued judgement about another persons (a stranger at that) life decisions, without knowing the facts. Making a judgement on a strangers life decision, based on your values, seems a little ego centric to me.
Not a "stranger" no matter how many times you say it. Being on my dick, as you have been for many years, seems a little egocentric (it's one word, "educator") to me.

Corbin will pay him twice as much as whatever Midland could possibly pony up.

Also, coaching a football powerhouse in Kentucky vs. coaching a football powerhouse (is Midland?) in WV is any easy choice.

Corbin, KY better than this area? Have you been there? Trust me, it's not.
It's about money, that's all.

Tough blow for Midland.
Corbin is a small town. That being said, it: (1) is flush with cash; (2) is really strong academically per state testing and college readiness; (3) is close to Knoxville and Lexington; (4) is a safe place to raise a family; (5) has great property values; (6) can pay him twice as much as Midland, and (7) has a much better football program - most years they'd beat the fvcking brakes off of nearly every football team in WV, regardless of class. Corbin also isn't overrun with the walking dead like Huntington and doesn't smell like raw sewage. So, there's that.

Corbin is a small town. That being said, it: (1) is flush with cash; (2) is really strong academically per state testing and college readiness; (3) is close to Knoxville and Lexington; (4) is a safe place to raise a family; (5) has great property values; (6) can pay him twice as much as Midland, and (7) has a much better football program - most years they'd beat the fvcking brakes off of nearly every football team in WV, regardless of class. Corbin also isn't overrun with the walking dead like Huntington and doesn't smell like raw sewage. So, there's that.

IT'S GETTING OLD, DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's getting a lot better. Don't you know they are making a mural on Hal Greer? That should clean the whole city up. And planting some flowers in medians!

Do it, Perkins.
Did you and Michigan agree together to turn into giant whiny bitches at the same time or is it just a coincidence?

Maybe he likes fishing. Laurel River Lake and Cumberland in his backyard would be nice.
You can fish around Huntington, too, but you just have to avoid the murders and robberies:

Not a "stranger" no matter how many times you say it. Being on my dick, as you have been for many years, seems a little egocentric (it's one word, "educator") to me.
First off, I was not even talking about you. My post has nothing to do with you. And you claim I have been “on your dick” for years.

We may have had what 3 or 4 interactions the past couple years. Almost every single one of them started by you. We went years with no acknowledgement towards each other. So this whole concept I have been on you is just a fabrication.

You talk about someone being “egocentric” is the epitome of irony. Almost every single time you respond to one of my posts, you think it has something to do with you. And I am “egocentric”.

You think everything posted is about you. I don’t waste my time trying to engage you in legitimate discussion, or acknowledge your posts. Because you are just an attention seeking whore.

Now please get off my dick, again, Sir.

Reactions: Marco93 and 19MU88
You can fish around Huntington, too, but you just have to avoid the murders and robberies:

Yet another ridiculously ignorant poat

I would say keep trying. But I know you don’t need to be told to keep trying.

I have always been in full support of you being a part of any online Marshall community. Always have defended you. I don’t like seeing people banned. I like to argue.

But.

Enough about Huntington. We have people here trying our best to change the perception of Huntington. Fact remains, knock on wood, for the most part all Huntington violent crime is bad people doing things to other bad people.

No different than any other place. All you want to do is try to find the few bad things and pick and pick and pick.

Keep to the sports where you are good and knowledgeable.

Everything else is just a one sided, politically slanted, drive a wedge among people, wasted, boring, ridiculous opinion based line of crap

IT'S GETTING OLD, DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's getting a lot better. Don't you know they are making a mural on Hal Greer? That should clean the whole city up. And planting some flowers in medians!

Did you and Michigan agree together to turn into giant whiny bitches at the same time or is it just a coincidence?
cm punk wwe GIF

• Haha
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I've covered the town and area for years. Like most places, it has it's good points but its not great. Go 5 miles out of town and its deliverance territory. Cumberland Lake is nice. I guess we can all pick and choose.

Salmons can qualify for KY state pension with a few more years in the system. He can them dip from both the WV and KY state pensions. That's why he is making the move. He'd done all he could at CM, knowing Martinsburg will always be around to kick anyone's ass.

Yet another ridiculously ignorant poat
It's hard to believe considering how good of a writer I am, but I am not a poet.

I have always been in full support of you being a part of any online Marshall community. Always have defended you. I don’t like seeing people banned. I like to argue.

But.

I think you should either exclude yourself from the thread or turn over your moderator duties. A moderator shouldn't be threatening bans just because they have personal feelings on the line about criticism of the town they live in.

The reality is that Huntington played a part in Luke leaving. The reality is that Huntington plays a part in recruiting kids here and/or kids leaving. And unfortunately, there is far more negative than positive with Huntington . . . even with a new mural painted on a street.

for the most part all Huntington violent crime is bad people doing things to other bad people.
Like the minister who was murdered at Beech Fork State Park that I posted about? Not fun to fish there with all of the crime happening, even to good people. I'm guessing Corbin has safer fishing areas.
No different than any other place.
A massive amount of data proves otherwise . . . unless by "no different than any other place," you're only referring to St. Louis, Little Rock, New Orleans, and Memphis.

All you want to do is try to find the few bad things
"Few"?

Your comments are getting old.
So is the fact that quality people are leaving Huntington (or not even coming sometimes) due to all of the bad things about the area. So is the fact that people, just like they do with underperforming Marshall athletics, put blinders on to reality and only want to talk about the very few positives.

By ignoring the major things that need improvement and refusing to acknowledge them, it is a great disservice to Marshall athletics and Huntington.

I've covered the town and area for years. Like most places, it has it's good points but its not great. Go 5 miles out of town and its deliverance territory. Cumberland Lake is nice. I guess we can all pick and choose.

Salmons can qualify for KY state pension with a few more years in the system. He can them dip from both the WV and KY state pensions. That's why he is making the move. He'd done all he could at CM, knowing Martinsburg will always be around to kick anyone's ass.
now that is a good enough reason to move. I saw Reggie Oliver one time and asked what he was up to. He said he's moving to Ohio and going to be a janitor in their school system. To which I asked why? he needed one more yr of service to vest in their retirement system and get health care benes for life. good move.

now that is a good enough reason to move. I saw Reggie Oliver one time and asked what he was up to. He said he's moving to Ohio and going to be a janitor in their school system. To which I asked why? he needed one more yr of service to vest in their retirement system and get health care benes for life. good move.
Hopefully he made good use of those benefits.

It's hard to believe considering how good of a writer I am, but I am not a poet.

I think you should either exclude yourself from the thread or turn over your moderator duties. A moderator shouldn't be threatening bans just because they have personal feelings on the line about criticism of the town they live in.

The reality is that Huntington played a part in Luke leaving. The reality is that Huntington plays a part in recruiting kids here and/or kids leaving. And unfortunately, there is far more negative than positive with Huntington . . . even with a new mural painted on a street.

Like the minister who was murdered at Beech Fork State Park that I posted about? Not fun to fish there with all of the crime happening, even to good people. I'm guessing Corbin has safer fishing areas.

A massive amount of data proves otherwise . . . unless by "no different than any other place," you're only referring to St. Louis, Little Rock, New Orleans, and Memphis.

"Few"?
You posted a murder at Beech Fork from 10 years ago. The murders were committed by two men who were stationed in the Army at Ft Drum in New York. One was from Cincinnatti, OH and one was from Newport News, VA. It happened a decade ago. They had deserted from the Army and killed him.

The murders were committed by two men who were stationed in the Army at Ft Drum in New York.
Yet another reason why my tax dollars to military members go to waste and without them thanking me.

You posted a murder at Beech Fork from 10 years ago. M
I also posted a robbery and other crimes. Those don’t count? The reality is that the Huntington area is plagued by crime. And that doesn’t have a magic barrier around it in fishing areas, so Luke can relax more in a safer area while fishing.

Yet another reason why my tax dollars to military members go to waste and without them thanking me.

I also posted a robbery and other crimes. Those don’t count? The reality is that the Huntington area is plagued by crime. And that doesn’t have a magic barrier around it in fishing areas, so Luke can relax more in a safer area while fishing.
Thank you for you service, rifle. You are a brave person.

Thank you for you service, rifle. You are a brave person.
You’re welcome. All of the money that you took from me for your food, housing, and entertainment . . . since you never saw any combat and didn’t have to show any courage, I think you should return my money.

You’re welcome. All of the money that you took from me for your food, housing, and entertainment . . . since you never saw any combat and didn’t have to show any courage, I think you should return my money.
I don't think you were paying taxes back then.

I want my money back for paying part of your education and unfiorms and perhaps housing at Marshall. I've seen your stats. I didn't get my money's worth.

• Haha
Reactions: Marco93
I don't think you were paying taxes back then.

I want my money back for paying part of your education and unfiorms and perhaps housing at Marshall. I've seen your stats. I didn't get my money's worth.
Started every year in baseball. I also lowered the welfare/food stamp costs for the few WV tax payers that are out there by providing so many protein conCOCtions to in-state females.

Last edited:
Don’t feed the troll. He has a strange hatred for Huntington, Marshall, and WV.

Reactions: 19MU88
Idk. It’s a town of 7500 people over the mountain from Hazard. Maybe be an extra in Justified.
Or he or his wife is from near there
Wish him nothing but luck

Corbin is a home rule-class city in Whitley, Knox and Laurel counties in the southeastern portion of the U.S. state of Kentucky. As of the 2020 census, the city population was 7,856. Corbin is on Interstate 75 and US Route 25W, about halfway between Knoxville, Tennessee, and Lexington.
Luke Salmons is from Jackson County WV. Can’t speak to where his wife is from. I played against Luke in little league and robbed him of a home run 😅

Reactions: sluggo72
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT