ADVERTISEMENT

Fresh Post Game Thoughts

Aaron Perkins

Jan 9, 2006
Huntington
1. Made a comment when we came out of the tunnel that it didn’t even look like we brought a full team.
2. Simply missing star power right now, we need a go to type guy we trust. Unfortunately and I know it’s an excuse but all big names on this team are on the sidelines are gone, aka King.
3. We were 21 points better than that team.
4. Red zone or inside the 25 years line killed us.
5. Punting was poor. Multiple opportunities to flip the field with a good punt and didn’t
6. Josh was scared about the linebacker depth and it is showing now. No way anyone thought we would ever see Murphy and Tyler Brown on the field at the same time In the first quarter of a conference game.
7. We have discovered a couple big time receivers now in Keaton and Broc Thompson. Now we have to get them the ball
8. Throughout the game I thought Green was making all the right calls at the line in the read Option. And it shows in the rushing totals.
9. The defense played well enough to win a road football game
10. Sometimes people have a bad day. It happens to us all. Yesterday I thought the staff had a poor day in in game situations. But I don’t think that is indicative of their career here or a reason to jump ship.
11. Immediate picture is this... we are 0-1 in Cusa with a loss to a team who will lose three or more cusa games. If we put it behind us and start winning games we are fine. That game will not effect our ability to win cusa because we don’t need that tie breaker. We need to beat fau and western and now fiu is playing well.
12. We can’t let this cause a loss to ODU.
13. Why not rally behind the rest of the season and see what happens before stopping coming to games?
14. You guys on here are diehards. You voice your opinions here and get mad and are usually at the Joan on Saturday. We need to make sure others are as well. It’s our program. We all fund it somehow. We are fans of a sports team. We want the team to battle to the bitter end and we have to practice what we preach and expect it from now others.
15. Worse game day atmosphere I have ever experienced. Period and bar none and I have hit about every school in the MAC multiple times.
16. We are good when we play with pace.
17. I think if the offense we saw yesterday is the offense we are going to play, then Thomson is better suited for it
18. Our defensive line had 9 tackles all day, and 5 came from couch. Our linebackers can do nothing because offensive lineman are blocking them
19. We played well enough for to win and didn’t. Sucks. But the season is truly still not lost.
20. Outside of 9/10/10 that was the worse football game loss I have experienced
21. You guys want change at qb and doc alluded to the fact they will look at it and play the best player. Typically he doesn’t even go that deep into something like that. Could it mean a change?
22. My oh my how numbers lie. If a random sports fan read this site and looked at numbers yesterday for Green they would think everyone is crazy.
23. Doc Holliday has earned the right to have a bad stretch. You have the right as paying customers to complain. But at the end of the day, you love Marshall and you love football and we only get 13 or so chances as year to watch it.

See you all Saturday! Time to circle the wagons right?!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News