ADVERTISEMENT

Frisco Bowl Against UTSA

would be nice to get a W in Texas and end the season on a positive note. There is no reason to think we can't win this game if we play like we did against Va Tech and Ark State. If the other Marshall team shows up it wont matter who we play we get smacked down.

This is definitely not the worst option we could have gotten.

First, 6-6 teams go where ESPN tells them, and that's fine... UTSA gets a bowl close to home (should sell tickets) and ESPN gives them an opponent with some name recognition (us) in a time slot where there will be nothing else on TV. So it should draw solid ratings.

The only way we got hosed was the location, because I would venture very few of our fans will attend. But that's the case for about 30 of the 40 bowl locations.

Overall, we should be thrilled with this selection... We are barely a bowl eligible team (thank you FCS win) and we get an 8-4 AAC team. Their fans should be pissed. Lol

This is definitely not the worst option we could have gotten.

First, 6-6 teams go where ESPN tells them, and that's fine... UTSA gets a bowl close to home (should sell tickets) and ESPN gives them an opponent with some name recognition (us) in a time slot where there will be nothing else on TV. So it should draw solid ratings.

The only way we got hosed was the location, because I would venture very few of our fans will attend. But that's the case for about 30 of the 40 bowl locations.

Overall, we should be thrilled with this selection... We are barely a bowl eligible team (thank you FCS win) and we get an 8-4 AAC team. Their fans should be pissed. Lol
But but but Teddy said they were negotiating

But but but Teddy said they were negotiating
Who’s Teddy? Big Teddy from the AD? Kleumper?
If that’s who you are referencing, what in the gd hell would you expect him to say, Senor Sluggo?
“Gee, we’re just lucky to be in the discussion. We suck so hard we’ll take any bowl.” ……..

for anyone coming, I would have to say, you need to eat at Babes chicken Dinner House. If you like fried chicken is great. Bread is amazing, veggies are all you can eat. order entree Fries or baked chicken, chicken fried steak or a couple fish deals, and all ou can eat homestyle cooked veggie and rolls.

for anyone who has been to chicago, there is a Portillos about 15 minutes away.

About 10 minutes away from stadium is Marianos La Hasienda Ranch. The owner invented the Frozen Margarita Machine. Fantastic Fajitas and the best chip sause I have tasted in almost 30 years of living in TX.

Just a couple items of interest. also, if coming early about 30 minutes away is the Ranch that the show Dallas was filmed. They do tours of the buildings, and also horseback tours of the ranch.

Lots of other fun stuff. hit me up if interested in other types of entertainment and can direct you to what you might want.

The only thing we had going for us is ticket sales. ESPN just needs the game not the fans. Disappointed but not surprised.
ESPN doesn't need us to sell tickets to a football game in Texas... Especially if the other team is from Texas..

The rumor I heard last night was it came down to playing UTSA (8-4, AAC) in Frisco, or playing Eastern Michigan (6-6, MAC) in Mobile, Alabama... If that's accurate, we got the best option.

Drive to Lancaster, Ohio, and find out.
I had honestly never heard of the brand. Did you know about them or just post the first Google result?

Also, looks like the WV territory is available for a franchisee. Reasonable fees and start up costs, average profit of $159,000 per location.

- This is the bowl this team deserves. One of the last picks. A pre-Christmas weeknight.
- The 9 ET start tells you all you need to know about the supposed "brand" of Marshall. Under CH and CS, it has been so tarnished that ESPN would rather show almost any other eastern G5 in 7 ET starts.
- MU opens as an 11 point dog, among the greatest mismatches of the bowl season.
- CUSA Hate #1. Isn't Frisco where the basketball tournament used to be held? The one everyone pissed and moaned about. So no reason to be excited about going there for football?
- CUSA Hate #2. UTSA, now in the ridiculous AAC, was an old CUSA team, right? And MU was above CUSA and beating CUSA teams was to be expected, right? It was "CDOA" and we were just "supposed" to win all the games, right? So we should easily beat UTSA, but doing so would be no accomplishment.
- CUSA Hate #3. The Access bowl. The one spot in a major bowl filled by a G5 team. All of the haters looked with petty jealousy here and there. Some really smart poster said that actually a team could get to the access bowl from any of the G5 conferences. Access bowl team this year? Liberty, CUSA. In other years the MAC, AAC, MWC have made it as well. Only one conference has not.
- Scooter's Coffee is just another place where you pay $7 for bad coffee. Columbus outskirts have the nearest one. I think Disney goes out of its way to find obscure sponsors for these bowls.
- This is a game at the Dallas soccer stadium. They also play the I-AA championship there later in January. Which is the direction of this program under CS and CH.
- San Antonio is 300 miles from Frisco. ESPN isn't giving UTSA a "home game to sell some tickets". UTSA, which has 35,000 students who can get in free, and is in a metro of 2.6M people, managed to get (or at least claimed to get, video evidence suggests otherwise) about 23K/game. UTSA charges $60. No, not $60/game, $60 for season tickets. No one is going to be at this game.

This is what poor leadership in the AD's office yields.

Reactions: sluggo72
ESPN doesn't need us to sell tickets to a football game in Texas... Especially if the other team is from Texas..

The rumor I heard last night was it came down to playing UTSA (8-4, AAC) in Frisco, or playing Eastern Michigan (6-6, MAC) in Mobile, Alabama... If that's accurate, we got the best option.
- This is the bowl this team deserves. One of the last picks. A pre-Christmas weeknight.
- The 9 ET start tells you all you need to know about the supposed "brand" of Marshall. Under CH and CS, it has been so tarnished that ESPN would rather show almost any other eastern G5 in 7 ET starts.
- MU opens as an 11 point dog, among the greatest mismatches of the bowl season.
- CUSA Hate #1. Isn't Frisco where the basketball tournament used to be held? The one everyone pissed and moaned about. So no reason to be excited about going there for football?
- CUSA Hate #2. UTSA, now in the ridiculous AAC, was an old CUSA team, right? And MU was above CUSA and beating CUSA teams was to be expected, right? It was "CDOA" and we were just "supposed" to win all the games, right? So we should easily beat UTSA, but doing so would be no accomplishment.
- CUSA Hate #3. The Access bowl. The one spot in a major bowl filled by a G5 team. All of the haters looked with petty jealousy here and there. Some really smart poster said that actually a team could get to the access bowl from any of the G5 conferences. Access bowl team this year? Liberty, CUSA. In other years the MAC, AAC, MWC have made it as well. Only one conference has not.
- Scooter's Coffee is just another place where you pay $7 for bad coffee. Columbus outskirts have the nearest one. I think Disney goes out of its way to find obscure sponsors for these bowls.
- This is a game at the Dallas soccer stadium. They also play the I-AA championship there later in January. Which is the direction of this program under CS and CH.
- San Antonio is 300 miles from Frisco. ESPN isn't giving UTSA a "home game to sell some tickets". UTSA, which has 35,000 students who can get in free, and is in a metro of 2.6M people, managed to get (or at least claimed to get, video evidence suggests otherwise) about 23K/game. UTSA charges $60. No, not $60/game, $60 for season tickets. No one is going to be at this game.

This is what poor leadership in the AD's office yields.
Question, why do you hate Marshall so badly?? I can’t even guess why you go through so much research just to hammer our players, coaches and administrators.

I had honestly never heard of the brand. Did you know about them or just post the first Google result?

Also, looks like the WV territory is available for a franchisee. Reasonable fees and start up costs, average profit of $159,000 per location.
I do not know anything about them, other than the little bit I read on Wikipedia last night.

Question, why do you hate Marshall so badly?? I can’t even guess why you go through so much research just to hammer our players, coaches and administrators.
Love Marshall.

Making salient points about the current situation doesn't take much "research" other than simply knowing football.

Never "hammered" any player. Point out the deficiencies of the coaches and of the administrator that refuses to fire him.

Because I love Marshall, and I remember when we played for championships, not in the Scooter's Coffee Frisco Bowl at the Toyota Soccer Stadium on the outskirts of Dallas on a Tuesday night at 9 ET before Christmas, against a UT branch campus.

And I know those days can come again.

They begin with firing Charles Huff.

What did I say that was even remotely negative toward Marshall?

I will be at whatever bowl game we play, because I can be, and I enjoy MU football more than just about any other hobby.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Question, why do you hate Marshall so badly??
It's all he has. He "Loves" Marshall but wont even tell you the last time he actually watched or attended a game. It's almost like he forgets we used to play mid-tier quality programs 2 days before Xmas in the suburbs of Detroit in a deteriorating football stadium despite 9,10,11 win seasons with Bobby at the helm. Of course, he's hammered the players. "No talent" is what he said specifically this year.

Reactions: ThunderDrunk304
It's all he has. He "Loves" Marshall but wont even tell you the last time he actually watched or attended a game. It's almost like he forgets we used to play mid-tier quality programs 2 days before Xmas in the suburbs of Detroit in a deteriorating football stadium despite 9,10,11 win seasons with Bobby at the helm. Of course, he's hammered the players. "No talent" is what he said specifically this year.
Thank you.
Love Marshall.

Making salient points about the current situation doesn't take much "research" other than simply knowing football.

Never "hammered" any player. Point out the deficiencies of the coaches and of the administrator that refuses to fire him.

Because I love Marshall, and I remember when we played for championships, not in the Scooter's Coffee Frisco Bowl at the Toyota Soccer Stadium on the outskirts of Dallas on a Tuesday night at 9 ET before Christmas, against a UT branch campus.

And I know those days can come again.

They begin with firing Charles Huff.
Go back and read your posts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT