ADVERTISEMENT

Funny Quote

herdalicious

Platinum Buffalo
Apr 3, 2007
Xanadu
"I don't know what they're going to do," D'Antoni said. "Tim is liable to come up ... I don't know what he's going to do, defensively, because he'll mix them all up so you never know what to prepare for.

"Good thing about us is we don't prepare for them, anyway. He's trying to mess us up preparing for them, and we don't prepare - 'There you go, go ahead!' "

Reactions: Herd Fever
"I don't know what they're going to do," D'Antoni said. "Tim is liable to come up ... I don't know what he's going to do, defensively, because he'll mix them all up so you never know what to prepare for.

"Good thing about us is we don't prepare for them, anyway. He's trying to mess us up preparing for them, and we don't prepare - 'There you go, go ahead!' "

To Know Danny....is to Love Danny. He is the comic in our family. He got Y'ALL...Again.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Is he drunk?

What the hell. How do you come out and say we don't prepare for an opponent? That's not funny at all considering he is being paid to coach and preparation for an opponent - any opponent, is part of that. Hamrick needs to have a chat with DD.

To Know Danny....is to Love Danny. He is the comic in our family. He got Y'ALL...Again.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Sorry, Zilla, but Danny is the one that got "GOT"!! In fact he got a whole Manual of "danalytics" crammed down his throat by a veteran, and crafty, MAJOR COLLEGE COACH, Tim Floyd, despite the fact Floyd's team only came in with 5 wins and was winless on the road!!

DD got schooled on his own floor, it's happened several times this year on the road by guys who understand how to play opponents to win (including a very poor EKU team). DD may learn, maybe not. I'm sure the Pros don't prep defensively for eachother very often. DD did say in the post game interview that he reneged on his own promise and prepared all week for their chaning defenses; maybe to the detriment of the team (his words). Maybe he should have consentrated on preping for their offense as there was surely no plan to stop it. Remember here guys, this team was improving but had not won a single game on the road this year.

What the hell. How do you come out and say we don't prepare for an opponent? That's not funny at all considering he is being paid to coach and preparation for an opponent - any opponent, is part of that. Hamrick needs to have a chat with DD.

HOOK, Line & Sinker===bbneutrafan....of course Dan & his staff prepares. They are watching Sunday am FILM as we speak. It is apparent, you have never even coached a T-Ball team. Some of you nut cases amaze us that coach.

How many shots did Dan convert? How many rebounds did Dan record? How many FTs did Dan make? He & his staff prepares the Team...THEIR job to EXECUTE. The players failed last night. The sun arose in Huntington and LIFE continues.

I hope you don't phone President Trump and request him to come to Marshall and "clean the swamp."

HerdZilla22

Reactions: nhstoc
So its only the players fault.

How about this, the next time a player jacks up a 25 foot 3 five seconds into the offensive possession, they need to bench.

Dandy Dan cant adjust, its just fire away boys. Dont worry about defense or rebounding......fire away

Can you ever have a sensible conversation

There is a reason why Dandy Dan was a HS coach for so long and cant get any other coach gig without his brothers influence.

Mediocre coach that coaches a mediocre team. That is who we are

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan

There is a reason why Dandy Dan was a HS coach for so long and cant get any other coach gig without his brothers influence.

We certainly appreciate your support...
He is building a program, not a team. He will not sell out to get one winning season and take a better job. He is where he wants to be until retirement. He is building the program the right way.

ZILLA you are correct. It is hard to have a conversation with an idiot but let me try. Glad Dan is your family (if in fact he his). Defending family is good. But he is not our family. He is supposed to be our coach. Sooner (U hope) rather than later others will see he is not the answer. He got schooled by a "coach" last night you idiot by a team that had won only five games you idiot on our home floor moron by a team that showed your cousin Dan how the game is played you poop for brains ignoramus. Glad you coach. Why don't you get cousin Dan to put you on the staff and see your basketball coaching genius you idiot.
Why not just go away. Defending family on this board? Beautiful. Have a good day moron.

We certainly appreciate your support...
He is building a program, not a team. He will not sell out to get one winning season and take a better job. He is where he wants to be until retirement. He is building the program the right way.

Having absolutely zero mediocre big men or rebounders is not "building the program the right way."

So its only the players fault.

How about this, the next time a player jacks up a 25 foot 3 five seconds into the offensive possession, they need to bench.

Dandy Dan cant adjust, its just fire away boys. Dont worry about defense or rebounding......fire away

It's Marshall, if it's not the fans fault, it's the players fault.

Having absolutely zero mediocre big men or rebounders is not "building the program the right way."

No the excuse was we are building for Year 3 with the Euros.

Year 3 is here and nothing from them. Matter fact they regressed but thats typical for a Mark Cline coached player. The longer he coaches them, the more they regress

Last edited:
Utep had 60!!!! Points in the paint.

That should tell you something right there whats missing.

And honestly, I would recruit the JUCO circuit hard for Big Men that like to rebound and defend the basket. I would tell all 3 Euros, they gotta go and bring in 2 or 3 guys for the front court.

And with the Hargrave guys not even being eligible, we could have the same team with Ryan Taylor.

But just Fire away boys

We better hope those young men will be eligible in year 5.
They should be. Bennett doesn't have a grade problem. He actually does ok in the classroom. It was simply a matter of lacking core classes when his school was de-sanctioned by the NCAA. Robinette, on the other hand, will benefit from our HELP program.

No the excuse was we are building for Year 3 with the Euros.

Year 3 is here and nothing from them. Matter fact they regressed but thats typical for a Mark Cline coached player. The longer he coaches them, the more they regress
In year three, Marshall should be winning road games and beating a ranked team or two on the road.

This is my final answer. Yes,
Dan was a high school coach at Myrtle Beach where he recorded over 500 victories, before retiring. He is the founder of the Beach Ball Classic there, giving him a lot of resources to high school Coaches all over the US. Yes, Dan was hired by younger brother Mike to help coach-up NBA players, in NY, LA, and Phoenix. This is what FAMILY is about expecially when it comes to the D'Antonis.

I support (Yes, I am biased) that Mike Hamrick selected the correct brother to restore HERD basketball....and it is working. Crowds have grown greatly. Marshall is one of the Top 4 programs in CUSA [not mediocre to some of us]. Dan is in Year THREE.....do you recall his first year he ran off about 35 points because the players did not adhere to his policies of (1) Student first, (2) Player second, (3) Model citizen.

I am not sure where your expectations are? I beleive Dan is doing a good job in spite of the jealousy toward the D'Antoni Family.... by some. My prayers are that the NEGATIVE attitudes that are paramount in West Virginia will improve once President Trump gets economic recovery starting in 2017. I understand why many West Virginians are negative. Most residents have been brow beaten for years under Democratic rule.

MY FINAL ANSWER

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

Reactions: Elkview
Its the same crowds we was getting during Donnie and Herrion era.

Also with all those resources to HS coaches, sure isnt showing up in recruiting.

And newsflash, coal jobs STILL ARENT COMING BACK.

Just face the facts

D'Antoni has transferred Marshall basketball from the Hated AAU rejects to a more exciting Lovable Losers aka Our 1 trick pony can carry us so far

ZILLA you are correct. It is hard to have a conversation with an idiot but let me try. Glad Dan is your family (if in fact he his). Defending family is good. But he is not our family. He is supposed to be our coach. Sooner (U hope) rather than later others will see he is not the answer. He got schooled by a "coach" last night you idiot by a team that had won only five games you idiot on our home floor moron by a team that showed your cousin Dan how the game is played you poop for brains ignoramus. Glad you coach. Why don't you get cousin Dan to put you on the staff and see your basketball coaching genius you idiot.
Why not just go away. Defending family on this board? Beautiful. Have a good day moron.

WOW...as Tom Cruise would say......bbneutralfan..."You Complete me." Uncle Donald Trump will soon be tossing you in THE SWAMP.

Your HerdDADDY
====HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Wow, Zilla, we're really beginning to learn a lot about your family tree. Cousin to Coach D'Antoni. Nephew to Donald Trump. I'll bet if you were REALLY, REALLY HONEST with us, we'd find out that you were also related to Attila the Hun, Mussolini, Bozo the Clown, and the Village Idiot!! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT