ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Ga State

I just switched to a different game. I can't handle watching this bullshit.

We made Georgia St, a team barely anyone outside of Sunbelt even knows exists, look like UGA.

While I think a loss to Georgia State shows how far we have fallen as.a program, we can still salvage a bowl game this year. Just need to re-group and get ready for the next one. We certainly did not join the Sun Belt to lose to programs like this....

Yeah I”ll admit I backed Fancher last week and after watching this game I’m ready for someone else. Was it just me or did this team look completely flat!?!? I mean all aspects offense, defense and special teams..such a trash performance. I can’t imagine them being anywhere ready to play Thursday JMU 42 Marshall 14…attendance Thursday over or under 15,000?

Yeah I”ll admit I backed Fancher last week and after watching this game I’m ready for someone else. Was it just me or did this team look completely flat!?!? I mean all aspects offense, defense and special teams..such a trash performance. I can’t imagine them being anywhere ready to play Thursday JMU 42 Marshall 14…attendance Thursday over or under 15,000?
I was telling my wife on the ride home, I don't remember all phases looking as bad as they did tonight. Yeah we've had stinker games, but you could point to at least one unit and say they played OK. Not tonight. Not even close to the team that beat VA Tech and came close to beating NC State.

Last edited:
Going for the punt block when your offense had just scored, you defense did it’s job, and you were going to have good field position to take the lead is unforgivable stupidity. When you have players who do stupid things don’t put them in situations where stupid things are more likely.

Oh, and our DC is horrible and should not hold that position at any level above high school, and only then in states that don’t play high quality HS football.

Going for the punt block when your offense had just scored, you defense did it’s job, and you were going to have good field position to take the lead is unforgivable stupidity. When you have players who do stupid things don’t put them in situations where stupid things are more likely.

Oh, and our DC is horrible and should not hold that position at any level above high school, and only then in states that don’t play high quality HS football.
Risk vs reward on punt blocks just isn't worth it. I've seen way more penalties than blocks over the year and it always ends up costly. Coaches should instead come up with creative blocking schemes for better returns. I don't even think we've attempted many punt returns this year.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
You mean the guy that lost his job to a wash up and injury prone JT Daniels? McMahon was a panic move by a staff that purposely decided not to recruit 2023 QBs.
Yep. Like I said, you're gonna lose either way. I don't believe McMahon will lead us to the promise land at all but what was the point in bringing him in? It was clear that Fancher couldn't do much in the 4th quarter so why not let one of the others have a shot? That tells me that our current staff as is cannot develope certain play positions, QB being one of them. If Huff simply brought McMahon in to "push" Fancher and not actually play then McMahon is not all that smart for taking such a raw deal. "Puts tinfoil hat on" Or Huff is intentionally being stubborn just to piss off this board.

Risk vs reward on punt blocks just isn't worth it. I've seen way more penalties than blocks over the year and it always ends up costly. Coaches should instead come up with creative blocking schemes for better returns. I don't even think we've attempted many punt returns this year.
You can count on the verrry seasoned senior to either fare catch or watch it drop inside the 10… and should he run, it’s just sideways.

Yep. Like I said, you're gonna lose either way. I don't believe McMahon will lead us to the promise land at all but what was the point in bringing him in? It was clear that Fancher couldn't do much in the 4th quarter so why not let one of the others have a shot? That tells me that our current staff as is cannot develope certain play positions, QB being one of them. If Huff simply brought McMahon in to "push" Fancher and not actually play then McMahon is not all that smart for taking such a raw deal. "Puts tinfoil hat on" Or Huff is intentionally being stubborn just to piss off this board.
Would be nice to develop a QB, hoping Chad has been doing some at home teaching, Trickett was unproven as a QB coach and a OC and Huff for whatever reason decided to pick him as the leader of the QB room. We’ve had 1 QB in the past 20 years that actually wanted to win and put the team on his back, Cato. Our offensive scheme has been atrocious for at least 12-13-14 years. Bill Legg got booed out of the stadium, Cramsey was BillLegg2.0, then Huff had the greatest opportunity to go find a PROVEN, SEASONED, OC and he goes completely stupid and picks Trick Daddy. Sorry I’m sticking to my guns, Fire Trick Daddy today! And anyone else that played for WVU, just ruining the program..

He is too stubborn to make a change. Huff is handicapped with the team's winning record and giving Fancher the credit for the 10-2 starting QB record. Up until last 2 games, our defense and running game was good enough to beat some weak teams - our 3 FBS wins this season have a combined record of 5-12 vs. FBS opponents.

I thought this stretch would expose the weaknesses. My guess is now to finish 8-4, but now think 7-5 is more likely.

but now think 7-5 is more likely.

I love your optimism, but I don't see that many wins remaining. Huff has really dug himself into a hole this year.

I really do hope some other school buys into the Huff Hype™ and takes his goofy ass along with his pals Trickett and the idiot running our defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT