ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Marshall vs Old Dominion

A more disappointing player to the start of the 2015 season than Foster? Drops and fumbles...very unreliable.

Reactions: WV_Celt
14 turnovers on the season. That needs to be addressed. We are fine tho, we will still win this game.

Nothing like letting a team that you're grossly more talented than hang around in the game.

Hey look the Defense gets a fumble. Hopefully we can score a TD with this great field position.

It may not be this week and it wasn't last week, but all of this poor play will come back to haunt us.

You can't keep turning the ball over, committing poor penalties, etc etc and expect to win every week.

Our play has been very poor other than a few points in the Purdue game.

Litton 12-22, 139 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

Pittman 16 carries 72 yds, 1 TD

Allen 4 catches for 41 yds

Reaves 3 catches for 58 yds

Bee 2 sacks and a fumble recovery

Reactions: bangtheherd
Defense has played well all year, our offense is as anemic as it was back when Vinny was here. We went 6-6 that year with defense and special teams, we will finish better than that this season but it's going to be by the same blueprint.

Really? I wasn't pleased with the defense. I feel like a quality offense is going to give our d some trouble. We had real trouble stopping the run again today, we've just played very sub-par quarterbacks all year.

Really? I wasn't pleased with the defense. I feel like a quality offense is going to give our d some trouble. We had real trouble stopping the run again today, we've just played very sub-par quarterbacks all year.
We gave up284 yards today. That's a pretty good day defensively.

We gave up284 yards today. That's a pretty good day defensively.

I just didn't like what I saw again from our run D. Take away all the sacks and they're over 200 yds rushing. Their main back averaged 5.5 or so a carry.

Only thing that bothers me about our team right now is subpar OLine play, specifically constant missed assignments. To me that is the biggest thing holding us back.

The game wasn't as close as the score looked even. Without turners, we win by 50+. It was tough to do anything offensively because it was so rainy and windy. They knew we pretty much had to run the ball most of the game. Not sure what their total yardage was, but I'd just about bet on 50% of it being in the final 10 minutes of the game. Defense looked stout all game long. Offense had its moments. Just a shitty environment to try to play in. Wet, windy, no crowd to really get anyone pumped up. Definitely one of my least favorite games I've been to.

The game wasn't as close as the score looked even. Without turners, we win by 50+. It was tough to do anything offensively because it was so rainy and windy. They knew we pretty much had to run the ball most of the game. Not sure what their total yardage was, but I'd just about bet on 50% of it being in the final 10 minutes of the game. Defense looked stout all game long. Offense had its moments. Just a shitty environment to try to play in. Wet, windy, no crowd to really get anyone pumped up. Definitely one of my least favorite games I've been to.
Your points are valid........but the weather didn't have as much to do with OLine play as the rest of the performance, other guys get a pass, OLine doesn't. I'm happy with the win, team finds a way, but we need those road graders to step it up and get on their assignments, their play to date is doing the most to hold us back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT