ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Gamethread: Stonybrook

I'm frightened by the RB situation.
NFL RB1 is a cheat code in conference. Something to lean on.

Stadium looks pretty empty for it to be opening game.
Its Raining GIF by Family Guy

From my first game observations, Cole and Braxton throw a more catchable ball. Stone throws at 1 speed, all or nothing. But my guess is Stone will start. Players say he is the most accurate and consistent.

From my first game observations, Cole and Braxton throw a more catchable ball. Stone throws at 1 speed, all or nothing. But my guess is Stone will start. Players say he is the most accurate and consistent.
I thought they all played well. But accuracy isn't really the concern. Split second decision making is what we need. Not having that is what leads to QB turnovers more than accuracy. I mean all those guys can put a ball through a tire. But in a game with defense coming at you, I felt like Earle, at least in this game, was more rigid and not as decisive, at least early on. He got better. Cole looked uncomfortable for a couple plays then shined. But long enough for me to think "Not this again." Braxton seemed like the one that came off the bench most ready to do the thing. I think he gives us the best chance of a quick start on offense. We have had slow starts for a long time on offense. I think we're lucky to have all three and if any goes down I feel like we'll still be okay for the first time in a long time.

One thing I do know is, basing a running game on QB draw isn’t going to cut it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT