ADVERTISEMENT

Gee No Mention of DD

Happy Britney Spears GIF

MU should be expected to win against joke cupcake programs from a lower division. That is what exhibition games are.

Unfortunately, DD will continue to play joke cupcake programs from a lower division in the regular season.

Wake me in January.

This sounds like a thread of WVU fans talking about Marshall football in the 1990's, yet you guys stood and cheered and defended the program to anyone that would listen.

Now....here you are.....Congrats...you are one of them now.

• Haha
Reactions: HerdsHerd
This sounds like a thread of WVU fans talking about Marshall football in the 1990's, yet you guys stood and cheered and defended the program to anyone that would listen.

Even you can't be this delusional... Comparing our current basketball program to our football program in the 1990's is absurd.

Wrong.

In the 90s the petty jealous non-alumni USPAM fans poo-pooed the MU schedule, because they had nothing else to say. They were delusional, convinced by the Spamite media (Metronews Statewide Excuse Line, Charleston Gag-zette, WOWK, etc. ) that what USPAM was doing was somehow similar to True Major football.

It went something like this:

Tony: Gold Card Fred Bob, you’re up next on the Excuse Line.

GCFB: Wezens is so good. We theys just beat that they Temple and usens is gonna beat that there Rutgers too. And Marshall, all they play is community colleges in that they MAC. This here Big East is so much better than the SEC and Big 10. Beating Syracuse is just like beating Ohier State.

It was petty jealousy and delusion.

The only deluded person here is you. The non-conference schedule is garbage. The SBC is, if not garbage, filled with teams that really are making the least effort possible in men’s basketball and are 100% about football. We play no step up games, and very few peer institution. Glenville, Queens. So on.

That is reality. We should have a reasonable record on paper (if we don’t, we should fire DD mid season) but it doesn’t mean a thing, because we play cupcakes.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88 and RhinoD
Last year our basketball team was terrible.

The answer was to make the schedule even weaker than previous seasons to artificially inflate the win total this season.

By the end of the year our schedule will be ranked in the 300's (out of 360)... The SBC is/will be somewhere between 16-18 (out of 32 leagues) in conference RPI.

2022-23 is the DD retirement tour... Lets go 20-10 and send him off into the sunset with a gold watch and all the Herd t-shirts he can carry... Give him some made up title like "Director of Basketball Development" and keep him around the program to shake hands and greet boosters.

Bigger question I have. . .

What t-shirt did Dan go with last night? Hillbilly Ball or 304 Boys?
I saw he had a yellow shirt or pullover the other day. Is that the Sonny Randle Memorial Pants Version?

you know I bet when we play a team and they have some guys from Harlem, the Bronx, Compton or Chicago and they see that 304 boys thing they get intimidated. Wow, we are playing the 304 boys tonight. We are in the 304.

I saw he had a yellow shirt or pullover the other day. Is that the Sonny Randle Memorial Pants Version?

you know I bet when we play a team and they have some guys from Harlem, the Bronx, Compton or Chicago and they see that 304 boys thing they get intimidated. Wow, we are playing the 304 boys tonight. We are in the 304.
Just a hunch, but I doubt Queens has any of those guys. I'm thinking it will be some guys from Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Albemarle, and Gastonia. More about the 304 Boys vs the Combo of 803/704 Boys.

Wrong.

In the 90s the petty jealous non-alumni USPAM fans poo-pooed the MU schedule, because they had nothing else to say. They were delusional, convinced by the Spamite media (Metronews Statewide Excuse Line, Charleston Gag-zette, WOWK, etc. ) that what USPAM was doing was somehow similar to True Major football.

It went something like this:

Tony: Gold Card Fred Bob, you’re up next on the Excuse Line.

GCFB: Wezens is so good. We theys just beat that they Temple and usens is gonna beat that there Rutgers too. And Marshall, all they play is community colleges in that they MAC. This here Big East is so much better than the SEC and Big 10. Beating Syracuse is just like beating Ohier State.

It was petty jealousy and delusion.

The only deluded person here is you. The non-conference schedule is garbage. The SBC is, if not garbage, filled with teams that really are making the least effort possible in men’s basketball and are 100% about football. We play no step up games, and very few peer institution. Glenville, Queens. So on.

That is reality. We should have a reasonable record on paper (if we don’t, we should fire DD mid season) but it doesn’t mean a thing, because we play cupcakes.
that's actually funny. gold cards call. i've heard many of those

Basketball is an eternal loser of a program, glory days were when?
Would have to be the 70s and 80s for MBB. 1987/88 is when we started to just be football focused. Honestly though who could blame them and we made the right call. MBB was losing in the first round and Football was playing for a national championship. Football was more viable and it proved right.

The answer was to make the schedule even weaker than previous seasons to artificially inflate the win total this season.

By the end of the year our schedule will be ranked in the 300's (out of 360)... The SBC is/will be somewhere between 16-18 (out of 32 leagues) in conference RPI.

2022-23 is the DD retirement tour... Lets go 20-10 and send him off into the sunset with a gold watch and all the Herd t-shirts he can carry... Give him some made up title like "Director of Basketball Development" and keep him around the program to shake hands and greet boosters.
What if the Sun Belt Conference turns out to be much stronger than predicted just like the football teams are now?

We beat Pikeville by 14... I'm so stoked I can barely contain myself.

I am no D’Antoni fan by any means at all, but in fairness the game was never in doubt and the end of the bench was the reason the score was as close as it was.
Other observations after seeing the team play last night:
We are more talented than last year having added Curfman, Connor, Fricks, and Handlogten. That doesn’t mean we are going to be special by any means I’m just saying we’re better than last year’s terrible team. Taylor is even better than he was last year. Curfman will at least be a coach on the court which will help a lot since there’s not much coaching coming from the sidelines. Fricks and Conner provide a lot of positive energy with competent IQs and won’t give us the stupidity that Byers brought. Braun plays like he’s very-well coached but will D’Antoni play him as much as he deserves. Give D’Anroni time and Braun will develop some bad habits. Handlogten is good for keeping Miladnovic off the court. Kensey’s ballhandling and shooting have not improved at all but at least Curfman will take some of Kinsey’s touches and shots away. OAK has not made any strides under D’Antoni either. Sarenic is still no better either. See a theme here? And Early looks very disinterested.

Reactions: putnam green

I hope this is where it ends...after this season!

Reactions: bbneutralfan

The difference is during the 90's... we were part of the lower division.

1. It's exhibitions it doesn't matter.
2. The teams we beat are not worth talking about. As fans we can't take much out of those games.
3. Fans are probably not crazy about the fact that our schedule includes several schools that we look at and say "huh... didn't know that was a college".

And the men’s basketball two exhibition wins! 😄. What’s up with that?

It's called.....The team is coming off the worst season we've experienced in quite some time and they were exhibition wins.

I would not plan on a lot of excitement surrounding the season considering the strength of schedule ( or lack thereof ).

Dan may get to 20 wins, but I anticipate this being his last season at the helm.

Oh yeah, I haven't went anywhere.

Well, if that indeed is the case, then Danny D. and his team could very well end up in DEEP Doo Doo!!
Compare Marshall s pre conference record to Kentucky .I think you will find the first 8 games for Kentucky that they play nobody and actually have it softer than Marshall except for the home game with Louisville. I think it is good for Marshall to play some weak teams. Saying Marshall s schedule is weak is yet to be seen.

Compare Marshall s pre conference record to Kentucky .I think you will find the first 8 games for Kentucky that they play nobody and actually have it softer than Marshall except for the home game with Louisville. I think it is good for Marshall to play some weak teams. Saying Marshall s schedule is weak is yet to be seen.
And UK fans are not happy with Cal or the current state of their program. Still UK wins conference championships and makes final 4s. Dan's talking about getting prepared for March and he has exactly 1 trip in March and outside of that one season our teams have hardly looked prepared in the late season stretch. As I have posted before Dan has never had our team in the running for best record in the conference. His philosophy is just make it until March and then see what happens.

Also as pointed out this schedule is just smoke and mirrors to ensure that Dan shows "improvement".

Reactions: oldeherd
That's a preposterous statement, even for your standards.

A quick glance shows that Kentucky plays Michigan State, Gonzaga, and Michigan during their first 8 games this season. Marshall doesn't play anybody anywhere close to that level of competition. You can take Marshall's non-conference schedule for the last decade and probably not find three teams equivalent of those games. Additionally, Kentucky also faces UCLA and Louisville in the non-conference slate.

A quick glance shows that Kentucky plays Michigan State, Gonzaga, and Michigan during their first 8 games this season. Marshall doesn't play anybody anywhere close to that level of competition. You can take Marshall's non-conference schedule for the last decade and probably not find three teams equivalent of those games. Additionally, Kentucky also faces UCLA and Louisville in the non-conference slate.

There's no comparison and it's cult level superfandom rationalization to even attempt to draw a comparison.

GameMarshallKentucky
1Queens CollegeHoward
2Tenn TechDuquesne
3Little MiamiMichigan State
4Coppin StateSC State
5Chicago StateGonzaga
6Morehead StateNorth Florida
7AkronBellarmine
8OhioMichigan
9DuquesneYale
10Robert MorrisUCLA
11UNC GreensboroFlorida A&M
12ToledoMissouri
13Glenville StateLouisville

There's no comparison and it's cult level superfandom rationalization to even attempt to draw a comparison.

GameMarshallKentucky
1Queens CollegeHoward
2Tenn TechDuquesne
3Little MiamiMichigan State
4Coppin StateSC State
5Chicago StateGonzaga
6Morehead StateNorth Florida
7AkronBellarmine
8OhioMichigan
9DuquesneYale
10Robert MorrisUCLA
11UNC GreensboroFlorida A&M
12ToledoMissouri
13Glenville StateLouisville
Wow. I must have missed Glenville State being an actual game on the schedule when it was released a few weeks back on this forum. I remember joking about hoping they were playing the Pioneer men instead of the women's team, but thought it was an exhibition game at the time.

Wow. I must have missed Glenville State being an actual game on the schedule when it was released a few weeks back on this forum. I remember joking about hoping they were playing the Pioneer men instead of the women's team, but thought it was an exhibition game at the time.
There should have been a money game on here. A Notre Dame type game to help with season expenses. Instead Dan wanted to try and pad the win column.

There should have been a money game on here. A Notre Dame type game to help with season expenses. Instead Dan wanted to try and pad the win column.
I don't know if he's actually going to be able to pad it though. Looking at those 13 games, as awful as they look, I think they only win 7 or 8 of them.

I remember people laughing about playing the Fighting Camels of Campbell last year.

I am sorry I was only looking at their home games ..they do play some really softies though. Marshall did lose two six year starters through the transfer portal last year. I think that made a huge difference .They had mostly only freshmen in reserve roles.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98
It's called.....The team is coming off the worst season we've experienced in quite some time and they were exhibition wins.

I would not plan on a lot of excitement surrounding the season considering the strength of schedule ( or lack thereof ).

Dan may get to 20 wins, but I anticipate this being his last season at the helm.

Oh yeah, I haven't went anywhere.
Welcome back Coach Stowers. Where you been!

Reactions: Elkview and RhinoD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT