ADVERTISEMENT

Geezer

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
You told us years ago, but how old are you?

Have you ever been married/have children? If not, was that just how life worked out or did you not want either/both? Do you have any siblings still with us?

I can't wait until I have such a lavish lifestyle that I have time to spend on an obscure board, spam it with posts and ponder things like this. I wonder if they could work something like this into lifestyles of rich and famous.

You told us years ago, but how old are you?

Have you ever been married/have children? If not, was that just how life worked out or did you not want either/both? Do you have any siblings still with us?
Old. I’m not 80 but I can see it from where I live. Came close to marriage twice, but there was a tragedy that ended my desire for that. I was all for kids until I found out you had to feed, clothe, and occasionally change their diapers when they are young. I also learned that society frowns on putting children in a drawer once you were finished playing with them. Three brothers and four sisters. I lost one sister shortly after birth to a genetic heart defect and another as a young adult from epilepsy.

That’s pretty much my life in a nutshell.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlblack16.
Be careful geezer, he may be grooming you.
I'm seeing if I have any competition when I am added to the will.

I can't wait until I have such a lavish lifestyle

Good idea not to wait, because you'll never have a lavish lifestyle anywhere close to what I can afford for mine.

I have time to spend on an obscure board, spam it with posts and ponder things like this. I wonder if they could work something like this into lifestyles of rich and famous.

I've gone over this countless times. I spend 2.5 hours each day watching the Mets. Since I can't travel to 31 away games this year like last year, when their games are happening, I am on here far more often than the rest of the day since I am sitting watching the games.

But yes, my lifestyle allows me to do anything I want, whenever I want. In fact, considering all of the countries I visited last year and my inability to go to any so far this year due to the injuries, I have started a bucket list that I hope to knock a third off of in 2025. Maybe we can compare my travels to yours to Beech Fork. Even though I can't do much of anything right now, my last 10 days and next 30 days will have more events that a normal person would enjoy than you'll have for the entire year.

Old. I’m not 80 but I can see it from where I live. Came close to marriage twice, but there was a tragedy that ended my desire for that. I was all for kids until I found out you had to feed, clothe, and occasionally change their diapers when they were young. I also learned that society frowns on putting children in a drawer once you were finished playing with them. Three brothers and four sisters. I lost one sister shortly after birth to a genetic heart defect and another as a young adult from epilepsy.

That’s pretty much my life in a nutshell.
Thanks. For some reason, I thought you were in your early 80s. You still have many good years ahead of you.

Do any of your siblings live close? Living in a small area, are you concerned that in 10+ years you may not be able to take care of yourself and need assisted living or a helper?

What are a few life events that really stand out in your memory - Vietnam War, Elvis' or The Beatles' first U.S. appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show, other things?

What is the single biggest change in society during your time? Cell phones/personal computers, women's/black civil rights/acceptance of homosexuality, something else?

If you could go back 50 years, what is something you would do differently (minus any single event/incident, meaning you can't eliminate a fight, car accident, etc.)?

That's your own fault.
Hardly. They are about to finish off a season sweep tonight of the other team from New York. The Mets have the best record in all of MLB over the past 50+ games.

I am told I am in decent shape for my age. I believe I told my aquatic center story about the 65 year old guy telling me in the pool locker room that when I reached his age, I wouldn’t be able to keep up the lap pace I do. I work most days outside doing landscaping and building projects. I just finished a fence I really like and I have started an outdoor sauna.

I have almost no family contact, and I guess the only future fear I have is having debilitating stroke.

So many changes during my short life. Too many to discuss right now. I did meet Clarabell the Clown once. Look that one up. And the first record I owned was Don’t Be Cruel.

Usually not this talkative about myself, but if you write my biography, it is one more thing to cross off the bucket list.

Yet 3rd in the NL East.
Yet if the season ended right now, they'd be in the playoffs. Three of the five best teams in the NL are in the East. They can't do anything about that, as their schedule will naturally be harder that way.

So many changes during my short life.
Probably the biggest being "goodbye, kids," right?

I believe I told my aquatic center story about the 65 year old guy telling me in the pool locker room that when I reached his age

This is probably the most important thing I have ever told you on here: For some reason, older men in gym locker rooms tend to love walking around naked with their droopy sacks taking center stage. Please don't be one of those guys, alright?

I have almost no family contact, and I guess the only future fear I have is having debilitating stroke.

I think it's a reasonable fear many people start having at some point in their life.

Speaking of strokes, since you've never been married and live in a small town, you must have strong forearms from all of the strokes, right?

I work most days outside doing landscaping and building projects. I just finished a fence I really like and I have started an outdoor sauna.

What do you think about a drive up to upstate New York? I have a 72 year old mother who spends most of her time outside planting, mowing, mulching, etc., and I think you would be a good teammate.

Probably the biggest being "goodbye, kids," right?

This is probably the most important thing I have ever told you on here: For some reason, older men in gym locker rooms tend to love walking around naked with their droopy sacks taking center stage. Please don't be one of those guys, alright?

I think it's a reasonable fear many people start having at some point in their life.

Speaking of strokes, since you've never been married and live in a small town, you must have strong forearms from all of the strokes, right?

What do you think about a drive up to upstate New York? I have a 72 year old mother who spends most of her time outside planting, mowing, mulching, etc., and I think you would be a good teammate.
@greengeezer you’ve gotta fvck Rifle’s mom now and then spill the beans on here. Throw in a few pics when she’s not aware for good measure.

I dated a New York girl when I attended Marshall. Never understood a word she said.

I'm seeing if I have any competition when I am added to the will.

Good idea not to wait, because you'll never have a lavish lifestyle anywhere close to what I can afford for mine.
😆 you've yet to impress me. That's why I laugh at you. I've got it pretty darn good I am just smart enough to know boasting like a fool is very unbecoming and I see you being a stooge doing it daily here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT