ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Georgia State

I believe Dabo was on to something last year when he said problem with today is “expectations outweigh appreciation” and when Urban Meyer said, “winning is a relief instead of enjoyed”

Winning is hard, for any team, and especially complain about not winning about certain amount of points, or who it’s against….

Winning in the MAC was “yeah but it’s the MAC”

Winning in C-USA was “yeah but it’s C-USA, SBC is much higher and couldn’t finish in top half….”

Now in SBC, “these team are no good and we aren’t winning by enough….”

Maybe when we get that SEC invite sometime soon so we can play some legit teams…..wonder what will be longer, how long before that SEC invite comes, or Sam actually attends a sporting event?

Last edited:
15 point wins as an 8.5 point favorite over a team that beat Vandy (actually means something this year) is an embarassment...my bad, is ****ing embarassing.

Geez, tough crowd.
This was after the game was 28-20. After we were up 18. Attendance was garbage also. Camera work, don't even get me started. The TV production last night was very embarrassing

15 point wins as an 8.5 point favorite over a team that beat Vandy (actually means something this year) is an embarassment...my bad, is ****ing embarassing.

Geez, tough crowd.
Yes. This is a tough crowd, mostly (some trolls like cincyherdfan, who needs to PROVE what he says, or STFU), but anyway, yes, this crowd is "tough".

Because it understands football. Not just rah, rah, rah childishness where everything "Marshall" is best because it says Marshall on it.

Real football understanding. Both GSUs are free spots. Automatic wins, every year. We lost to one, and should have lost to the other. .500 against almost a bye. This is a directionless program in total free fall. It is 100% on a path to 6-6, again. You will cheer that, and excuse make and praise it when they are the mighty runners up in the who gives a flying f*** pre Christmas nothing bowl, brought to you by no one cares.

This "crowd" will not. Because it sees what this team is. A mediocre nothing that is in danger of dropping out of the division if we don't get CH and CS out of here ASAP.

And, BTW, yes Georgia State be Vandy who beat Alabama etc. I remember one year, maybe 20 years ago, where there was a deal circulating where A beat B, who beat C who beat D etc. for like 40 games and ended with Glenville State as national champion. Funny, but irrelevant. Reality is GSU is a non-thing. We are supposed to beat them, every year. Free spot. Now two weekends off, then back to reality.

Automatic wins? Georgia Southern is an automatic win every year?

You literally know nothing about college sports. Living in some odd world somewhere where only Marshall is suppose to be doing certain things, and other schools arent.

"Free spot" one of your more ridiculous takes. Congrats.

Yes. This is a tough crowd, mostly (some trolls like cincyherdfan, who needs to PROVE what he says, or STFU), but anyway, yes, this crowd is "tough".

Because it understands football. Not just rah, rah, rah childishness where everything "Marshall" is best because it says Marshall on it.

Real football understanding. Both GSUs are free spots. Automatic wins, every year. We lost to one, and should have lost to the other. .500 against almost a bye. This is a directionless program in total free fall. It is 100% on a path to 6-6, again. You will cheer that, and excuse make and praise it when they are the mighty runners up in the who gives a flying f*** pre Christmas nothing bowl, brought to you by no one cares.

This "crowd" will not. Because it sees what this team is. A mediocre nothing that is in danger of dropping out of the division if we don't get CH and CS out of here ASAP.

And, BTW, yes Georgia State be Vandy who beat Alabama etc. I remember one year, maybe 20 years ago, where there was a deal circulating where A beat B, who beat C who beat D etc. for like 40 games and ended with Glenville State as national champion. Funny, but irrelevant. Reality is GSU is a non-thing. We are supposed to beat them, every year. Free spot. Now two weekends off, then back to reality.
you’re right Sam….it is nice to be right….unlike you who hasn’t called anything correct in how long? Are we going on years now??

Who’s the troll? At least the people around here know what’s going on, go to the events and have pride.

You?? Nothing….nothing correct….out of touch with Marshall, the community and very obviously not in attendance.

When you spew troll, you must be looking in the mirror.

Keep looking for those permits

Reactions: raleighherdfan

You literally know nothing about college sports. Living in some odd world somewhere where only Marshall is suppose to be doing certain things, and other schools arent.

Sarcastic Willy Wonka GIF

Recognizing a pattern of blowing leads tends to ma

you know what we shouldn't be doing?

Blowing double digit leads weekly

Yes. Automatic. Free spots. Neither program belongs in I-A. Both are frequent targets for Ryan McGee's ESPN Bottom 10. Joke programs.

.500 against the division's two bottom feeders. On the road to 6-6, again.

Easy!! You prove it every week with your out of touch and posts. Keep trolling, and go find those permits
REJECTED.

The Spamite troll spewed out, without evidence, a series of lies. I don't go to games, I am a fan of, of all things, New Mexico State, I don't give.

All lies. He was bluff called, and failed. Killfiled.

You, if you are indeed a different poster, have picked up on this silly theme.

And you were BLUFF CALLED.

PROVE anything you say, or STFU.

Last chance.

Sam, I believe you’re the only one who’s bluff repeatedly gets called.

As we’ve gone over numerous times, your bluff was called on last season, your bluff has been called on numerous games this season, your bluff has been called on the baseball stadium, your bluff has been called on you being out of touch with the university, and other has called your bluff on NMSU.

So sorry dude, your bluff is up. Good trying tho troll

I have no dog in this fight and am not sure what bluff is being called but I can tell you that cincy (as well as Aaron) attend more Marshall games that anyone I know personally. Regardless of opinion on their opinion, there are no bigger Herd fans.

I’m not sure I’ve ever attended an away game and not ran into cincy.

NO PROOF that anything you say is true. Just like the "other" poster who started these lies.

Bluff called.

You failed.

I could killfile you, and should. But I'm going to give you one last chance based on the testimonial.

Grow up. If I, or anyone, about MU sports, or any subject, say something you disagree with, HAVE A TAKE. Show me why I am wrong. Have an adult conversation.

Spewing LIES that you picked up from a now killfiled troll, isn't useful. If you think CH is the greatest things since sliced bread, then SHOW ME THE REASONS, don't spew lies about me that you cannot prove, a, because they are not true, and b, you wouldn't know me if I walked past you.

Grow up.

Have I said Coach Huff is the greatest coach?

And haven’t spewed any lies….just claims you’ve made about how games would turnout and buildings wouldn’t be built.

Unfortunately for you those claims haven’t turned out too well.

I have no dog in this fight and am not sure what bluff is being called but I can tell you that cincy (as well as Aaron) attend more Marshall games that anyone I know personally. Regardless of opinion on their opinion, there are no bigger Herd fans.

I’m not sure I’ve ever attended an away game and not ran into cincy.
Thank you sir. Traveling the country to watch The Herd is definitely a passion. Kudos to you as well for your traveling!

See you in Hattiesburg!

This was after the game was 28-20. After we were up 18. Attendance was garbage also. Camera work, don't even get me started. The TV production last night was very embarrassing
Horrible take, IMO. The crowd for the night of the week, what happened the week before, was pretty good. Maybe it looks bad on tv because all they show are the east stands, but student crowd was good and west side had a good crowd.

Reactions: Aaron Perkins
Horrible take, IMO. The crowd for the night of the week, what happened the week before, was pretty good. Maybe it looks bad on tv because all they show are the east stands, but student crowd was good and west side had a good crowd.
Yeah, I watched on tv so I could really just see the east side, which is what EVERYONE else that watched on tv also saw. Recruits, potential students, alumni, donors, etc.

Yeah, I watched on tv so I could really just see the east side, which is what EVERYONE else that watched on tv also saw. Recruits, potential students, alumni, donors, etc.

Recruits dont look at attendance on the east side of a stadium on a Thursday night. They dont care about anything except that NIL money (as a whole, i am sure there are a couple exceptions)

I always love seeing people NOT AT THE GAME, complaining about attendance. Awesome!!!

And dont tell me you are out of town. This game has been scheduled for months.

Reactions: ru4_mu2
Recruits dont look at attendance on the east side of a stadium on a Thursday night. They dont care about anything except that NIL money (as a whole, i am sure there are a couple exceptions)

I always love seeing people NOT AT THE GAME, complaining about attendance. Awesome!!!

And dont tell me you are out of town. This game has been scheduled for months.
Aaron dude, I'm in law school. Let me skip my midterm that was Friday morning to go watch a 3-3 Marshall vs a 2-4 GAST. Seems like a great use of my time!

Recruits at our level are looking at attendance. We aren't offering dudes 500k in NIL. We are recruiting different recruits.

Aaron dude, I'm in law school. Let me skip my midterm that was Friday morning to go watch a 3-3 Marshall vs a 2-4 GAST. Seems like a great use of my time!

Recruits at our level are looking at attendance. We aren't offering dudes 500k in NIL. We are recruiting different recruits.

We brought in 40 transfers this year. How many of them do you think cared what our Thursday night attendance was? They are looking for opportunity and/or money.

In regards to the law school. Congrats, always something though. If you didnt have it, would you have been here? I would guess not.

We brought in 40 transfers this year. How many of them do you think cared what our Thursday night attendance was? They are looking for opportunity and/or money.

In regards to the law school. Congrats, always something though. If you didnt have it, would you have been here? I would guess not.
When I lived in WV (up until August of 2020) I never missed a home game. Maybe could count on one hand how many home games I missed for as long as I remembered until I moved away for college. Hell, my dad and I even went to many away games every year before then. Since 2020, I have made at least one game a year, and in 2020 I made two. Most of them being the away games that were closest.

I go to Ole Miss and still watch every Herd game on my phone, multiple times this year while standing in the student section for a top 25 SEC team lol.

And since you're going to ask next, "If you love Marshall why didn't you go there?" My answer would be because I do not want to raise my family in West Virginia, and there are more opportunities for what I want to do in my future elsewhere.

Guess JMU didn’t get the memo that GA Southern was an “automatic” win!

See where Western Michigan is on top of their division in the MAC. Didn’t they make a recent appearance at the JOAN?

Reactions: Aaron Perkins
Guess JMU didn’t get the memo that GA Southern was an “automatic” win!

See where Western Michigan is on top of their division in the MAC. Didn’t they make a recent appearance at the JOAN?
^^^ "This troll needs to be ignored."-- Sammy and his minions. ^^^

Right now we are an average G5 team that happens to have a significantly above average, and mostly underused, running back. Our lines are pretty good, but our back 7 on D is suspect and our QBs just aren’t that good at throwing the ball, at least they have been for the first 7 games.

We still have our 3 toughest conference games ahead of us thanks to ULM hiring a coach that seems to be pretty dang good. JMU on the road will be tough, and we haven’t beat CCU yet. ODU isn’t as bad as usual.

If we lose to ULM any chance at the east is pretty much over and it will just go down as another wasted, unmemorable, season.

It is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT