ADVERTISEMENT

Greenduke

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Your boy and men got beat again today by louisville.Allen has this team off balance. I thought duke would win even with day tripper. The intern coach said they are not focused. Allen has alot to do with that. Figures on a day i root for duke as does most of ky. You are so wrong about ky fans hating duke. No worse than anybody who dislikes uncle toms and rich preppy white kids lol. Cats go to 15-2 with 20 point win over auburn and that sickening bruce pearl.Respond with no nastiness

This thread along with others prove one thing that Duke IS college basketball and has been the entire shot clock, 64 team era. There are more posts and reaction to Duke and the actions of Grayson Allen than MU's team. I would say Duke is more popular than Marshall on this site. The fact you felt compelled to send a message directed at me yesterday afternoon says obsession on a disturbing Matt Jones level, lol.

Duke maybe i think too much of you. just wanted to talk. Your damm screen name says it all. Not such a good guy are you. Who is matt jones?

Last edited:
Duke is everything that is wrong with college basketball. Part of what these rich entitled yankee children get for 100s of 1000s of daddy's money is the school goes out and, more or less, hires 12 people who would not be allowed to walk on campus but for the fact they are the basketball team. So Buffy and Miffy can go out and act like idiots at the basketball game, a nice break from studying the far-left idiocy spewed by their idiot professors.

He will come down hard on me for your posts. He blamed ky fans for CL 30 30 show. The hate started when they put him on the dream team

Duke has one kid from the NE, so not many "yankees" Its amazing to me how little people know about a subject but post to a public forum

Duke is everything that is wrong with college basketball. Part of what these rich entitled yankee children get for 100s of 1000s of daddy's money is the school goes out and, more or less, hires 12 people who would not be allowed to walk on campus but for the fact they are the basketball team. So Buffy and Miffy can go out and act like idiots at the basketball game, a nice break from studying the far-left idiocy spewed by their idiot professors.

Thank you RSC for providing support for my original post in this thread. You want so badly to talk Duke basketball that you willingly post inaccurate bs in addition to complete untruths. Your bigoted rants are still looking for a home since Jerry and Pete lost their radio show. Why don't you look up some facts about Duke's student body and educate yourself, ignorance is no excuse.

Duke has one kid from the NE, so not many "yankees" Its amazing to me how little people know about a subject but post to a public forum

Yes it is amazing. Even a small child reading my post where I said

Part of what these rich entitled yankee children get for 100s of 1000s of daddy's money is the school goes out and, more or less, hires 12 people who would not be allowed to walk on campus but for the fact they are the basketball team

understands I was talking about the general student body and does not even imply that I said the basketball team was from the northeast?

Are you really that stupid?

Duke, and several more schools (Davidson, for example) go up to the vast moral emptiness that exists along I-95 from DC to Boston and get a couple of thousand bornrich spoiled children who go down to the better society and better weather that exists in the South. Part of what rich daddy gets little precious for his $$ is a basketball team that has no relationship to the student body.

It is sad.

Now, if you are a bornrich, I can see being a dookie. I wasn't. I suspect you were not either. Which is why everybody not in the elite should despise Duke and all it stands for. I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody who works for a living should have anything but contempt for Duke.

understands I was talking about the general student body and does not even imply that I said the basketball team was from the northeast?

Duke, and several more schools (Davidson, for example) go up to the vast moral emptiness that exists along I-95 from DC to Boston and get a couple of thousand bornrich spoiled children who go down to the better society and better weather that exists in the South. Part of what rich daddy gets little precious for his $$ is a basketball team that has no relationship to the student body.

It is sad.

Now, if you are a bornrich, I can see being a dookie. I wasn't. I suspect you were not either. Which is why everybody not in the elite should despise Duke and all it stands for. I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody who works for a living should have anything but contempt for Duke.

Duke does a lot of good for sick kids and people with Cancer.

I can attest that the Duke Cancer Center is awesome. I thought it was funny that most of the lab techs, nurses and imaging personnel were Carolina fans. There are not a whole lot of Dukies from the Tarheel state.

Greenduke likes to bash ky and i just brought up the incident with Day Tripper. Lol i have the upmost respect for duke basketball. That fan base at their arena is a national treasure. They have created a powerhouse. Ky has won 5 national titles but that doesnt satisfy the fan baae. They expect to win it every year. As a Ky fan i only wish they are good enough to contend. Maybe having a fan base with a zero tolerance for losing is why some teams excel. When that writer had us as a 14 seed herd fans got fired up. Herd could contend for a title
We need a couple more big men and start having the Cam packed. Make the Cam a place nobody wants to play at. WV has created that. We get a stong inside game our shooters will get wide open looks.

I can attest that the Duke Cancer Center is awesome. I thought it was funny that most of the lab techs, nurses and imaging personnel were Carolina fans. There are not a whole lot of Dukies from the Tarheel state.

True, Duke does not have near the following that UNC and NC State does in North Carolina. Not even close. That being said Duke is a national brand in basketball for sure.

Reactions: jocktalker
Thank you RSC for providing support for my original post in this thread. You want so badly to talk Duke basketball that you willingly post inaccurate bs in addition to complete untruths. Your bigoted rants are still looking for a home since Jerry and Pete lost their radio show. Why don't you look up some facts about Duke's student body and educate yourself, ignorance is no excuse.
And how much did JayCC Bilas and DookieVee pay you to repeat the Dook talking points?

Sam I'm not a Duke apologist, but how is this different than the current state of money grab big time college athletics? Where a kid who academically has no business graduating from High School, let alone going to college, is awarded 100s and 1000s of tax payer money to go to school. only because he has freakish athletic skills playing a game?

Last edited:

It is sad.

It is sad.

Here is some demographics

% of White Undergrads
Duke 46% - Marshall 84%

% AA and Hisp Undergrads
Duke 19% - Marshall 9%

Over 50% of Duke undergrads receive need based financial aid. A lot of students go for absolutely no cost while many pay the full price. It's all based on the families ability to pay, totally need blind admission.

Top ten home states of Duke undergrads, most to least
NC
NY
CAL
FL
NJ
TEX
VA
GA
PA
MD

Duke employs over 34,000 people so I would say a lot of average folks who work there don't "despise Duke and all it stands for".
Sam I hope this helps you.

Reactions: jocktalker
I never lived in NC. i thought it was 50 50 between thw fans and duke and nc

Lol, it's the state of NC not the state of Duke. Nobody, except you, thinks Duke would be more popular in NC. Duke is a national and global brand and program.
Try this: imagine if Ohio State was in Chesapeake and WV was in Barboursville how much support would MU receive.

I never lived in NC. i thought it was 50 50 between thw fans and duke and nc

Not even close, sistersville. UNC Chapel Hill and then NC State and Duke is much smaller in following. Duke has a national brand in basketball though.

What in the Wide World of Sports does this entire thread have to do with Marshall University sports? Take this to some other board please.

Reactions: 19MU88
Well come up With some new shit or i will post when i damm well please. Herd fan for 50 yrs. Ive heard it all

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT