ADVERTISEMENT

Hassan Whiteside On His Monster Triple-Double: "Ain't Nobody Doing It With Blocks"

Kidding, he's incredible. Was he at Marshall when Kane was there? If so, I don't know how they weren't more successful than they were.

If Whiteside had played at UNC, Kentucky, etc. in college ESPN might have had to consult a physician for the collective boner they would have had for this kid.

Seem to remember everyone laughing about his decision to leave school and head to the NBA. Perfect example of a talent that took a bit of time to develop but now that it has , no one is laughing any longer. I have watched ( and I dont pay that much attention normally to the NBA until the playoffs begin) in the neighborhood of 10 Heat games so far this season , just to see what he will do. Quite a talent.

I don't know if he did or not.. Because by having to bounce around in the d league and overseas it humbled him and made him check his attitude.. If it wasn't for that experience idk if Whiteside would have ever got out of his own way.. To his credit he took the lesson he learned bouncing around, worked his tail off and is finally where he always thought he was destined to be

Probably would have been the top pick

Wasn't his last year here the year that Dastardly Donnie Jones left? After we had laid an egg, bad loss, in the obscure post season tourney (CBI?) against Appy State? I think Donnie was gone before we even played the game- -he and Hamrick apparently didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things. I have heard that Whiteside had already stopped going to classes before Hamrick had picked Tom Herrion to replace Jones. So apparently Hassan had no intention to stay at MU, maybe he was getting some pressure/bad advice from some family members, who knows. Can only speculate if he had stayed and played for Herrion's first season, maybe MU's whole basketball fortunes would have gone in a different direction. Remember, Herrion's first two seasons, we had pretty good teams and records.

I still think if Donnie would have bought in and forced Whiteside to buy in. We would have made the tourney his second year there.

Also think what that happened if we had smarter doctors then and shut down Markel Humphrey his sophomore year and redshirted him. He would been a 5th year seniors on that squad.

Pitts, Shaq, Markell, Wilkerson, Whiteside with Baines, Dago on the bench would have made the tourney

I still think if Donnie would have bought in and forced Whiteside to buy in. We would have made the tourney his second year there.

Also think what that happened if we had smarter doctors then and shut down Markel Humphrey his sophomore year and redshirted him. He would been a 5th year seniors on that squad.

Pitts, Shaq, Markell, Wilkerson, Whiteside with Baines, Dago on the bench would have made the tourney

Markell was a great player. That would have been a really good team.

Wasn't his last year here the year that Dastardly Donnie Jones left? After we had laid an egg, bad loss, in the obscure post season tourney (CBI?) against Appy State? I think Donnie was gone before we even played the game- -he and Hamrick apparently didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things. I have heard that Whiteside had already stopped going to classes before Hamrick had picked Tom Herrion to replace Jones. So apparently Hassan had no intention to stay at MU, maybe he was getting some pressure/bad advice from some family members, who knows. Can only speculate if he had stayed and played for Herrion's first season, maybe MU's whole basketball fortunes would have gone in a different direction. Remember, Herrion's first two seasons, we had pretty good teams and records.

I think Donnie helped pushed Whiteside out the door I think he was one of the guys telling Whiteside he was ready.. Don't think Donnie wanted any part in coaching against him at UCF

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
While I think Whiteside could have benefitted staying at Marshall I think what he went through has made him better. Plus he hurt his knee in March 2011 that ended his season. Who is to say that wouldn't have happened at Marshall and then he left anyway.

I would have loved to see him with The Herd to see but I think we would have had him only one more year if healthy anyway.

He might have ended up a train wreck under Herrion.

This. People are always posting about how much better off he would have been if he stayed. I didn't see ANYTHING in Herrion's tenure that showed me he would have been better off here than out making money. Our player development was zero and discipline was worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT