ADVERTISEMENT

Have we ever had

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Have we ever had a Offensive Coordinator since we moved to FBS in 1997 that anyone on here liked? I'm being serious and not trying to start a fight. I just can't remember anyone being mentioned.. It seems we have had several defensive guys but I am trying to remember one on the offensive side
It seems to me that no matter how much success we have, no matter how many points we score or how many yards we pile up that most on here are not happy.

1997 Tim Nunez
1998 Tony Peterson
1999 Marty Galbreath
2000 Ed Zaunbrecher
2001 Ed Zaunbrecher
2002 Mark McHale
2003 Mark McHale
2004/2005 Larry Kueck
2006-2009 ? John Shannon
2010-2016 Bill Legg
2017 Tim Cramsey

Last edited:
Tim Cramsey sucked. Just because no one has sung the praises of past OCs doesn't mean anything. We didn't lose some dude that was underappreciated. I doubt anyone was complaining that our offense was too simple or that our OCs couldn't feel the flow of the game in 1999.

Maybe we complain a lot the last 20 years because our offenses for the most part have been simple and have produced 1 conference title.

Tim Cramsey deserved every bit if criticism that he received from the fans. Whether or not we liked past OCs has zero to do with Cramsey's 4 years here.

I personally was a big fan of the Bill Leg/ Tony Peterson combo. When they went out to Oregon to learn the fast pace offense, really brought a lot of excitement to Marshall. Unfortunately everybody switched to the fast pace offenses and it was no longer a novelty that put us ahead. Leg just never switched it up and didn’t age well for us. I appreciate what they did for us, but we need something new or a novelty to set us apart again.

Would love to see some two back pro sets considering our personal

Reactions: ohio herd
Tim Cramsey sucked. Just because no one has sung the praises of past OCs doesn't mean anything. We didn't lose some dude that was underappreciated. I doubt anyone was complaining that our offense was too simple or that our OCs couldn't feel the flow of the game in 1999.

Maybe we complain a lot the last 20 years because our offenses for the most part have been simple and have produced 1 conference title.

Tim Cramsey deserved every bit if criticism that he received from the fans. Whether or not we liked past OCs has zero to do with Cramsey's 4 years here.
LOL, take a deep breath Bleeds, this was not directed at you. For the record, I went back 24 years till when we moved up.I can remember during the time of Donnan being at a game with my Father in Law and folks in the crowd bitching about the play calling. After the game they asked Donnan why they ran a certain play 8-9 times. He said, hell we were gaining 8 yards or better every time we ran it. Sooooo in my world I have heard this mantra over and over and over. It seems to me that no matter who we have calling the plays, whether they are doing a good job or bad job I hear the same stuff from the faithful. So who do you think was a good OC?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT