ADVERTISEMENT

Heard a witty sarcastic crack from one of our folks

Tonycried2

Bronze Buffalo
Jun 25, 2008
at the EKU-MU game Saturday. There was a report circulating in the Lexington area concerning EKU's star 6'9 player Mayo and the fact he only had a few scholarship offers coming out of HS! After he single handedly crushed us , one of the MU supporters questioned why Danny wasn't all over this kid and some other guy offered " too busy searching Serbia for kid's that can't jump over a piece of notebook paper". Humor softened the blow of the loss but still a game we should have won.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
at the EKU-MU game Saturday. There was a report circulating in the Lexington area concerning EKU's star 6'9 player Mayo and the fact he only had a few scholarship offers coming out of HS! After he single handedly crushed us , one of the MU supporters questioned why Danny wasn't all over this kid and some other guy offered " too busy searching Serbia for kid's that can't jump over a piece of notebook paper". Humor softened the blow of the loss but still a game we should have won.

Strange post, man.

Regardless, isn't Mayo from Maine?

I do not believe your statement that "too busy searching Serbia for kid's that can't jump over a piece of notebook paper".

I do not believe your statement that "too busy searching Serbia for kid's that can't jump over a piece of notebook paper".
I think it was offered for humor rather than absolute truth...at least I hope so but none of us really know Danny's recruiting trips or area of concentration.

That has so much truth to it

I also spoke to some EKU fans at the game. They couldn't even imagine, or articluate, how their coach found this guy; who by the way wasn't much to watch at all last year. They were amazed at his development and that the way he played against WKU and MU demonstrated talent they'd not seen before. They were elated; much like I've been about the developing talent of one Terrance Thompson; who last year looked like a scholarship might have been wasted on him. It's called development.

Oh, does anyone remember when this was a fan site where folks actually supported and rooted for our players and coaches? Just asking.

And our basketball team just lost 96-85 against Chattanooga... Chattanooga had every player in the double digits for points. Elmore was our highest scorer of 27, theirs was 35.

And our basketball team just lost 96-85 against Chattanooga... Chattanooga had every player in the double digits for points. Elmore was our highest scorer of 27, theirs was 35.

Are you referring to the same MOCS team that won 29 games last year...went to The Big Dance and returned 4 starters and another starter that had a medical shirt last year. If so----they are damn GOOD and the game was in front of their fans. UTC will probably be one of the BEST squads The HERD will face this year.

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte....Ya"ll know me---Dan's Cuz-in-Law

Their history had nothing to do with the lack of defense we played last night in the second half. It was like practice for them, they shot 68% in the second half. Think about it, 7 out of 10 shots went in. Not hard when 6 out of 10 were layups taken by running around, or up to, Ryan Taylor, because you know he won't try to stop you due to fear of getting a foul.

The objective is not to say on the floor, rather to "play" on the floor; which he did not do in either of the last two road games.

Well, so far we have a quality win over Ohio, FAU beat OSU, making that loss we took look terrible, lost to EKU. UTC I can understand a bit, the lack of defense bothers the heck out me though. The EKU loss is terrible. Guys we have nothing to be up beat about so far this year between both sports...........

Well, so far we have a quality win over Ohio, FAU beat OSU, making that loss we took look terrible, lost to EKU. UTC I can understand a bit, the lack of defense bothers the heck out me though. The EKU loss is terrible. Guys we have nothing to be up beat about so far this year between both sports...........
This team is so defensively challenged that it's hard to see us finishing much above .500. But a lot about this team that I like, for the most part we make FT's , hit open jumpers but struggle on the board's and can't guard water bucket! Still time to turn it on though!

I see the sarcasm...but I'm struggling to find the wit.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
I see the sarcasm...but I'm struggling to find the wit.
The French tell us Jerry Lewis is a comic genius...I guess humor like beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I can tell you from personal experience the boys in Section 202 Row A Seats 1-7 got a chuckle out of it after a disappointing loss Saturday afternoon.

The French tell us Jerry Lewis is a comic genius...I guess humor like beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I can tell you from personal experience the boys in Section 202 Row A Seats 1-7 got a chuckle out of it after a disappointing loss Saturday afternoon.

k

I am hoping that the EKU game was an outlier, just one of those games on the road in which we didn't play well. Much better performance at Chattanooga. If we play like that I can easily see us winning the next three?

EKU is 6-4 and has won 4 in a row. We hit them when they were hitting their stride and we are down two starters.

EKU is 6-4 and has won 4 in a row. We hit them when they were hitting their stride and we are down two starters.
If I had to bet, the Colonels, much like us, will hover around .500 in a one team to the dance league. Not really the dregs but not a good team either. I look for us to be hard to beat at home but not so hard to beat on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT