5. @ N Texas.....HERD wins

6. Fl Atlantic....HERD wins

7. Charlotte.....HERD WINS FOR SURE

8. @ So Mississippi.....loss

9. @ ODU...HERD wins

10. MTSU....HERD always Wins this one in Huntington

11. @ FIU....HERD wins

12. WKU.....HERD Wins
the EAST & hosts So Miss in Huntington for CUSA Ring...

10 WINS counting CUSA title game.....3 Losses

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
I think this team has all the pieces to run the table, that being said I think 2 losses at the most this season. I kind of think we might be up for Louisville, but the next week at Pitt could be a let down. Southern Miss is somewhat of an unknown as they have a talented roster, yet a brand new coaching staff...always going to have some hiccups in that scenario.

I agree on the 3 losses... But if we Lise to So. Miss in the reg. season, we'll probably have to go back to their place for the championship game...for another loss.

We definitely NEED to beat both Middle & WKU in Huntington this year

So. Miss. Toughest conference games, will be with us at home, La. Tech @ home @ Rice @HomeyClaus
La. Tech plays @ Middle & @ So. Miss and have WKU @ home

I agree on the 3 losses... But if we Lise to So. Miss in the reg. season, we'll probably have to go back to their place for the championship game...for another loss.

We definitely NEED to beat both Middle & WKU in Huntington this year

So. Miss. Toughest conference games, will be with us at home, La. Tech @ home @ Rice @HomeyClaus
La. Tech plays @ Middle & @ So. Miss and have WKU @ home
I agree with the same 3 losses. USM will run the conference table. The title game will be in Hattiesburg.

Reactions: 31Herd55
We are definitely not feared Road Warriors...we could possibly lose 2 games in Hattiesburg this year.

Might need a win in our bowl game to get to the 10-win level.

My thoughts.....

1. Morgan State...HERD wins

2. Akron...HERD wins

3. Louisville....loss

4. @ Pitt.....loss

5. @ N Texas.....HERD wins

6. Fl Atlantic....HERD wins

7. Charlotte.....HERD WINS FOR SURE

8. @ So Mississippi.....loss

9. @ ODU...HERD wins

10. MTSU....HERD always Wins this one in Huntington

11. @ FIU....HERD wins

12. WKU.....HERD Wins
the EAST & hosts So Miss in Huntington

10 WINS counting CUSA title game.....3 Losses

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

So. Miss definitely a "trap" game. Winning at home versus both MTSU and WKU a "must". I'm looking for the Herd to go 1-1 against the 2 ACC schools. Louisville game is perfectly positioned for us as, I believe, it is bookended by two extremely key ACC games for the Cards: Clemson and Florida State. If they, UL, have any aspirations for an ACC championship, winning one or both of these 2 games is essential. Chance for Herd, with backing of extremely "jacked' and "well fueled" sellout (I hope) crowd, to pull a nationally recognized big time upset!!!

Pitt game may hinge on play and health of Pitt's big, and big time, back, Conner (220# plus, with TALENT), who missed almost all of last season. Has come back from very serious illness with an apparent clean bill of health. Panthers may try to keep our offense on the sidelines running Conner often behind a very huge O line.

9-3 regular season record is a MUST; with, hopefully, a 10-2 mark or better and no more than ONE conference loss will hopefully get us into CUSA championship game (again, hopefully, at HOME). This would set us up for another bowl game at a desired, reachable site, with a possible shot at the coveted G5 money bowl slot!!

I wouldn't be shocked if we went 8-4 and ended up in the New Orleans Bowl. Beating Louisville and Pittsburgh in back to back weeks will be difficult. I don't think we will beat Southern Miss at Southern Miss. And I think we will split MTSU/WKU.

8-4 is my worst case scenario with the Schedule. Everyone else we have superior Talent and coaching over

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I can see it playing out as Fever said. I think we'll blast MT. They are good but we play them well in the Joan and should have beaten them last year. We still need to solve the WKU puzzle. UGH!

I guess our yearly bowl options basically will be -
Access
St. Pete
Boca
NOLA

Since those are the only ones our brass seems interested in attending. JMO

I can see it playing out as Fever said. I think we'll blast MT. They are good but we play them well in the Joan and should have beaten them last year. We still need to solve the WKU puzzle. UGH!

I guess our yearly bowl options basically will be -
Access
St. Pete
Boca
NOLA

Since those are the only ones our brass seems interested in attending. JMO
Actually, so far the staff has shown no interest in NOLA. Doc wants to be in Florida period. That is fine with most Herd fans. I know I'd like Dallas but many Herd fans wouldn't make that trip. Any trip to FL is good with most of our fans that have any inclination to go to a bowl game. That is if it is at least 3-4 days before Christmas or after Christmas. Many have families and can't or won't go to a Christmas Eve or day after Christmas game.

I dunno, there is a lot of unknowns this year with our conference. We are reloading on defense, so that is there. Southern Miss could take a step back with a new coaching staff, leaving that as an unknown for them. I would say they don't but they have a new coordinators too so it does change things for them possibly. Then you have MTSU, I know its a home game but still, we don't know how well our secondary is gonna be and they will test it. Call me nuts but Im just not worried about WKY, their QB made that team the way they were, he is gone. FIU could be a trap game for us, similar obstacle as MTSU but maybe not to that extent. I wouldn't be dissatisfied with an 8-4 record, anything better would mean we win one of two between Pitt and UL. Next year, watch out, our team will be loaded and ready for a title run. This year might be asking a bit much, but definitely possible.

Reactions: Herdmeister
Actually, so far the staff has shown no interest in NOLA. Doc wants to be in Florida period. That is fine with most Herd fans. I know I'd like Dallas but many Herd fans wouldn't make that trip. Any trip to FL is good with most of our fans that have any inclination to go to a bowl game. That is if it is at least 3-4 days before Christmas or after Christmas. Many have families and can't or won't go to a Christmas Eve or day after Christmas game.

I wish NOLA was higher up on Doc and Mike's list. Love that city.

As far as playing dirty......they sure did lol As far as the caliber of player the QB was, no, he was just a darn good player that doesn't come around that often. Didn't hurt that he played for 10 years it seemed.

I would say WKU coaches made them the way they are
Hey Fever, didn't that "wild" D Coach/coordinator that WKU had leave to Southern Cal. or some other west coast team? Believe his son was a star linebacker, and a senior, for WKU. Don't know how much other turnover the Toppers had on their football staff.

As for their quarterback situation, I would liken Doughty's departure to that which East Carolina experienced a while back when their record setting QB, Shane Carden, finally left after about 6 or 7 years (it seemed). The Pirates experienced a serous drop off, and haven't fully recovered yet. Hope WKU goes through the same thing!!!!

Reactions: ohio herd
Hey Fever, didn't that "wild" D Coach/coordinator that WKU had leave to Southern Cal. or some other west coast team? Believe his son was a star linebacker, and a senior, for WKU. Don't know how much other turnover the Toppers had on their football staff.

As for their quarterback situation, I would liken Doughty's departure to that which East Carolina experienced a while back when their record setting QB, Shane Carden, finally left after about 6 or 7 years (it seemed). The Pirates experienced a serous drop off, and haven't fully recovered yet. Hope WKU goes through the same thing!!!!

Coach Holt the DC is still there, Helton the OC left to coach with his brother but everyone knows it was Brohm who runs the offense and calls plays

We will not lose at home. Not sure why all the love for WKU. To say they will walk into the Joan and beat us after 2 losses in a row to them is really underestimating our team. I think we go 6-0 at home and 3-3 on the road. I think we will lose to Pitt Southern Miss and then drop an inexplicable game on the road that nobody will see coming.

We will not lose at home. Not sure why all the love for WKU. To say they will walk into the Joan and beat us after 2 losses in a row to them is really underestimating our team. I think we go 6-0 at home and 3-3 on the road. I think we will lose to Pitt Southern Miss and then drop an inexplicable game on the road that nobody will see coming.
That is usually how it goes. I'd almost say we lose to UL at home and beat Pitt on the road though, just because I believe UL is a more powerful team than Pitt.

We play 7 home games this year.

Reactions: caliherd

Brohm has vastly out game planned us the last 2 years and supposibly their team is still more talented than ours.

Reactions: 19MU88
mark it down we will beat both MTSU and WKU at the Joan this year

Oh horse pucky on WKY. More talented? They aren't as talented as we are. Kids didn't execute in 14 and lost the game, and last year they had an all world QB lead the way. Jeeze, some of you drink too much. I wouldn't say we were outcoached either. Brohm has been there for what, 2 years? not long enough to know if he is good or bad. Good gameplans require good execution and experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT