ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Looks to Portal

Marshall started its tourney back in the Sixties, IIRC, later, after the crash, it became the Marshall Memorial Tourney, IIRC.

I distinctly remember going to the tourney in the 60s where, again IIRC, both Maryland AND Virginia of the ACC were in the same tourney field. Neither was that good at that time. Maryland, BEFORE Lefty Driesell built the TERPS into a National Power. Virginia's head coach was "Hoot" Gibson, if that tells you anything. I believe it was in the MU tourney that the HERD beat St. John's of NY, then another National strong boy, in a shootout between their all American, Mel Davis, and the HERD's Randy Noll, back before there was a 3 point line. Other name schools at the time who played in the MU tourney include, as noted, Ole Miss, also Oral Roberts, Oklahoma, who won the tourney, I believe. Also, I think in another tourney field perhaps Iowa State or OK State, from the Big 8, was also ini

Florida St was in it a year after being a final four team. 71 or 72

Florida St was in it a year after being a final four team. 71 or 72
They lost to UCLA in the ‘72 title game. Lost to Princeton, led by Teddy Manakas, the following Dec first night of MMI. Everyone was hoping for a FS vs MU Sat night final but Marshall instead defeated Princeton.

Although in Tom Curry’s first game for the Herd, Tom came in and had a vicious dunk over the mailman for his first points as a member of the Herd. Good times
Also remember Tom Curry’s first points for the Herd was over The Mailman. He played pretty well for being off the court for a year.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Anyone else keep pulling up this thread hoping to at least hear of a rumor that we might have a good chance at someone? Afraid that’s not going to be the case.

And, does anyone really see us being better next year than we were this year (yikes)?

Reactions: alphasig1053
Anyone else keep pulling up this thread hoping to at least hear of a rumor that we might have a good chance at someone? Afraid that’s not going to be the case.

And, does anyone really see us being better next year than we were this year (yikes)?
Yes. It looks like we strayed off topic and aren’t coming back.

Hope something changes. I don’t see us being any better next year unless Obinna and Early step up. Taylor and Kinsey are a good 1-2 punch but we’ve got to find a consistent defender/rebounder and a reliable scorer.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
We should know later today if we get a grad transfer we are after. Also still hoping to sign Chase McKey, most likely not today though. We are in a struggle with another CUSA school for him.
In the meantime the 2 committed players should be signing today

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
We should know later today if we get a grad transfer we are after. Also still hoping to sign Chase McKey, most likely not today though. We are in a struggle with another CUSA school for him.
In the meantime the 2 committed players should be signing today
Good news. McKey is a serious player and would sting if we don’t land him, while having to face him every year.

We need some good news.

ADVERTISEMENT