ADVERTISEMENT

Hey hokies saw where California is losing 10% of it water supply in the next 20 years or so.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
And, of course, they are blaming climate change. Like clock work.

Call me crazy, but maybe you all should have built some more dams and lakes. Also, when you let those illegals in it takes more resources. Sounds like instead of worrying about car batteries maybe you all should learn to better purify salt water. You sit right next the ocean.

California has many, many dams and lakes. It's the water rights for the Colorado River, which are largely used for agriculture (70%), that is the issue.

Arizona is really fvcked, harder than California. So are you, if you like fresh vegetables in the winter.

Is the western drought caused by climate change? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, the drought is real and prolonged, and is absolutely a crisis.

California has many, many dams and lakes. It's the water rights for the Colorado River, which are largely used for agriculture (70%), that is the issue.

Arizona is really fvcked, harder than California. So are you, if you like fresh vegetables in the winter.

Is the western drought caused by climate change? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, the drought is real and prolonged, and is absolutely a crisis.
Well yehh Arizona is mostly desert. California should gave planned better. They have grown in population for decades.

Call me crazy, but maybe you all should have built some more dams and lakes. Also, when you let those illegals in it takes more resources. Sounds like instead of worrying about car batteries maybe you all should learn to better purify salt water. You sit right next the ocean.
The climate is changing and the wacky Dems are blaming climate change!

But yes we are working on desalinization, probably not as fast as we should. Would be great to have nuclear plants powering desalinization plants, but the expectation here is that we will continue to reduce usage per person as we have for the last half century and work it out that way.

the expectation here is that we will continue to reduce usage per person as we have for the last half century and work it out that way.
i finally get why major cities are turning into shit-holes causing people to get the hell out of the state.

"we have a water crisis, let's reduce usage via shit policies which will cause people to leave the state thereby reducing water consumption per person."

Reactions: ThunderCat98

A little irony how the liberal policy is for open borders and allowing for population growth by allowing illegals without having basics like water to support them.

i finally get why major cities are turning into shit-holes causing people to get the hell out of the state.

"we have a water crisis, let's reduce usage via shit policies which will cause people to leave the state thereby reducing water consumption per person."
People leaving wouldn’t reduce it per person. Unless you went to the EG school of mathematics.

edit: and that was meant as a criticism. I think there’s a limit to how much we can rely on that, and we should be building nuke plants and desal plants right now.

The biggest problem in California with water is the rich white libs in the cities on the coast who make inane policies decisions with the San Joaquin Valley.

This is from ten years ago, but gets at the actual problems from someone who is a real life farmer outside Fresno.

People leaving wouldn’t reduce it per person. Unless you went to the EG school of mathematics.

edit: and that was meant as a criticism. I think there’s a limit to how much we can rely on that, and we should be building nuke plants and desal plants right now.

Look dipshit, until you've been here over 8 years I don't want to hear your idiotic opinion. You do know we have San Onofre that has been down for a decade without repairs. Now you want to build more? desalination? do you want to pay the same 6.25 for a gallon of water that you pay for gas?
Desalination is very expensive. Ask Saudi Arabia.

Look dipshit, until you've been here over 8 years I don't want to hear your idiotic opinion. You do know we have San Onofre that has been down for a decade without repairs. Now you want to build more? desalination? do you want to pay the same 6.25 for a gallon of water that you pay for gas?
Desalination is very expensive. Ask Saudi Arabia.
Well thank god I’ve been here 11 years so my idiotic opinion can matter to you.

Well yehh Arizona is mostly desert.
So is the Central Valley of California.
More like "Let's not understand we live in a water poor area, and act like we don't for 100 years...oh shit, now we have too many people and it's not working out very well."

Whoever put up those stones in Georgia that got blown up talked about a much smaller human population, he was on to something.

In all seriousness though, California and the desert southwest were the dumbest goddamn places for Americans to build huge populations centers. That whole Manifest Destiny, man can control nature combination mindset....no sir, nature will always control us in the end.
The biggest problem in California with water is the rich white libs in the cities on the coast who make inane policies decisions with the San Joaquin Valley.

This is from ten years ago, but gets at the actual problems from someone who is a real life farmer outside Fresno.
I can agree with that, even though I am generally on the side of supporting natural ecosystems; what was done to Hetch Hetchy is a continuing travesty. That said, what's done is done and there really is no going back.

However, that article has nothing to do with the cuts to Colorado River water. The cuts will affect agriculture in the Imperial Valley, and drinking water in SoCal. California gets the largest share of Colorado River water allocations at 27%. It's going to be a big deal, for sure.

More like "Let's not understand we live in a water poor area, and act like we don't for 100 years...oh shit, now we have too many people and it's not working out very well."
this is one of those situations where one doesn't have to be wrong for the other to be correct.

this is one of those situations where one doesn't have to be wrong for the other to be correct.
My point is they should have been reducing usage all along, and I'm sure they are not actually trying to make people leave with water policies. You live in a birthplace of rivers, they don't. One summer I saw the Tygart get fairly low, but that spring up on Cheat by the road never stopped flowing.

Last edited:
My point is they should have been reducing usage all along, and I'm sure they are not actually trying to make people leave with water policies. You live in a birthplace of rivers, they don't. One summer I saw the Tygart get fairly low, but that spring up on Cheat by the road never stopped flowing.
Yes, I get that. Controlling things like the population, illegal activities including fvcking terrorists, etc helps all of those things with a wall. If they don’t have water for those they have now, why keep inviting people? How does that make ANY sense?

Well, I’m not fvcking anyone in California. So, would a wall help “thin the herd”?
This might shock you, but it is far too late for such a thing. Like 50 years too late. Plus, white people don't want to pick strawberries. You might work your way up to these goddamn bananas.

We need to thin the herd worldwide. But here in the USA too, there are just too damn many people. I'm glad I am moving out to the Great Plains, the population density is much more to my liking.

illegal activities including fvcking terrorists
I am more concerned about the white terrorists, they really blend in. Maybe we should ban white people.
If they don’t have water for those they have now
Like I said, we crossed that Rubicon long ago. I'm going to set back and just watch things collapse. You should do the same.

I am more concerned about the white terrorists, they really blend in. Maybe we should ban white people.

Like I said, we crossed that Rubicon long ago. I'm going to set back and just watch things collapse. You should do the same.

i understand yore point; you appear too short-sighted and stuck in yore "i'm always right and nobody else can be correct at the same time as me, no matter what" state of mind to understand my point and that they're both valid.

i didn't say "water" policies, dipshit.

This might shock you, but it is far too late for such a thing. Like 50 years too late. Plus, white people don't want to pick strawberries. You might work your way up to these goddamn bananas.

We need to thin the herd worldwide. But here in the USA too, there are just too damn many people. I'm glad I am moving out to the Great Plains, the population density is much more to my liking.
I heard a dude on sat radio the other day say that is not true. We could actually double the earth's population before we even had a problem. We can feed double the population now if we had to before we ran into problems. Interesting conversation. I didn't catch his name but it was a good discussion.

Reactions: Jartard

yet, yore kind is for open borders. once again . . .

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
I heard a dude on sat radio the other day say that is not true. We could actually double the earth's population before we even had a problem. We can feed double the population now if we had to before we ran into problems. Interesting conversation. I didn't catch his name but it was a good discussion.
It depends on a lot of things. If people switched to eating less meat it would help (not a suggestion, you can pry steak from my cold dead hands), and getting rid of the organic food horseshit would help a lot too. And advancements in reducing food waste at all levels.

I’d be interested in seeing his definition of “problem.” If he means a hard limit where we just can’t squeeze more food out of the earth then maybe, but if he’s counting on converting all arable land into actual farmland then that in itself is going to be, to put it mildly, a problem.

It depends on a lot of things. If people switched to eating less meat it would help (not a suggestion, you can pry steak from my cold dead hands), and getting rid of the organic food horseshit would help a lot too. And advancements in reducing food waste at all levels.

I’d be interested in seeing his definition of “problem.” If he means a hard limit where we just can’t squeeze more food out of the earth then maybe, but if he’s counting on converting all arable land into actual farmland then that in itself is going to be, to put it mildly, a problem.
I wish i would have caught his name. it was pretty interesting.

Maybe. It's still too many fvcking people. Food is not the only resource people need. Employment, health care, fresh water, housing. I can't stress enough how fvcked Africa is, due to exploding population, especially urban areas. And as Hokies noted, eventually you screw up things more by converting more land to agriculture.

Plus personally I just don't like being around lots of people. I was happiest on my mountaintop. Peace and quiet. I hate all the goddamn commercialization, every exit has the same shit these days. This too is a product of a growing population, the highways are crowded with people so it's mass marketing that rules. Perhaps I am some sort of romantic.

Maybe. It's still too many fvcking people. Food is not the only resource people need. Employment, health care, fresh water, housing. I can't stress enough how fvcked Africa is, due to exploding population, especially urban areas. And as Hokies noted, eventually you screw up things more by converting more land to agriculture.

Plus personally I just don't like being around lots of people. I was happiest on my mountaintop. Peace and quiet. I hate all the goddamn commercialization, every exit has the same shit these days. This too is a product of a growing population, the highways are crowded with people so it's mass marketing that rules. Perhaps I am some sort of romantic.
Africa will be the next hotspot for proxy wars or hot wars between you know who and you know who.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Also, California has one big out left with water. Actually implementing toilet to tap wastewater recycling. Right now we’re pumping it down into aquifers, but it’s as clean as any tap water and could be added right to the supply at less than a quarter the cost of desalinization.

Yes it sounds gross, but it all got peed out at some point right?

Also, California has one big out left with water. Actually implementing toilet to tap wastewater recycling. Right now we’re pumping it down into aquifers, but it’s as clean as any tap water and could be added right to the supply at less than a quarter the cost of desalinization.

Yes it sounds gross, but it all got peed out at some point right?
Nope..that's nasty as hell

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT