ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, Michigan

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
You having any luck getting info on a new Tacoma? The sales staff at my local dealer acts like I tracked dog crap into the showroom when I walk in. They just shrug and mumble.

Not sure why they are still in business. They have no cars, the showroom looks like it has been converted into a square dancing venue, and it’s rumored they are selling soft serve behind the sales desk. The service guy was the only one to be assertive when he told me I should have my transmission fluid changed at a cost of $350.

You having any luck getting info on a new Tacoma? The sales staff at my local dealer acts like I tracked dog crap into the showroom when I walk in. They just shrug and mumble.

Not sure why they are still in business. They have no cars, the showroom looks like it has been converted into a square dancing venue, and it’s rumored they are selling soft serve behind the sales desk. The service guy was the only one to be assertive when he told me I should have my transmission fluid changed at a cost of $350.
The dealership has gone Woke it sounds like

There are two Toyota dealerships near me, and one of them is EXACTLY like what you're saying. The other one does have some inventory and is a little better.

But Toyota seems to be uniquely worse than all others right now.

I'm going to be looking at the new Land Cruiser or a Lexus GX soon. I'm dreading the car shopping experience.

Me, too. Just read an article saying that many Toyota dealerships are adding an average sticker markup of over $5,000 on all new vehicles. Not doing that.
yeah, i'll wait it out.

I"ve seen some chatter online that the supply chain issues for them are largely over but that Toyota is seeing that if they keep inventory lower they are still able to jack up sticker prices and unless they start losing a bigger chunk of market share then don't expect much to change. I don't know if it's true or not but they seem to have less inventory than competitors an more markups in my area.

Everything now seems to be rumors. Saw a video last week that said Toyota corporate was unhappy with what dealers are doing to customers and they are exploring direct to consumer sales. Fine by me. I would have no problem ordering what I want online and having it delivered by truck to my door.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
I had to put a new truck on hold. Wanted that army green colored one, but they aren't making that color. Not sure if 2024s will offer it.

Plus, I can't afford anything due to bidenomics.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
Base colors and oranges seem to be Toyota’s palette for 2024. Can’t see me in orange.

Last edited:
I had to put a new truck on hold. Wanted that army green colored one, but they aren't making that color. Not sure if 2024s will offer it.

Plus, I can't afford anything due to bidenomics.
i heard they have a rainbow colored one coming out. comes with a year supply of budlight and preparation h. figured that's what you were waiting for.

Everything now seems to be rumors. Saw a video last week that said Toyota corporate was unhappy with what dealers are doing to customers and they are exploring direct to consumer sales. Fine by me. I would have no problem ordering what I want online and having it delivered by truck to my door.

Something is definitely up.

Honda had some lower inventory and mark ups, but when I was shopping a few months ago (visited Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Acura, Volvo, and VW) it seemed Toyota was an outlier. None were great.

^^^moron triggered because fellow Cons admitting SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE and price gouging.
How is it supply side failure when the company is making more $$$? It's called a capitalism. Sometimes strategies work, sometimes they fail. You know all about the fail...your one man, toolshed operation was never able to grow.

How is it supply side failure when the company is making more $$$? It's called a capitalism. Sometimes strategies work, sometimes they fail. You know all about the fail...your one man, toolshed operation was never able to grow.
^^^moron triggered because fellow Cons admitting SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE and price gouging.

10 months later, and should be able to pick up my truck on Saturday. Ended up going with a GMC Canyon Denali, all black like my ass, as well as how I like my women, sweet and black.

Reactions: 19MU88
10 months later, and should be able to pick up my truck on Saturday. Ended up going with a GMC Canyon Denali, all black like my ass, as well as how I like my women, sweet and black.
Greed wants to know if you'll come pick him up to go through some trails in OW and you two can talk wood.

Greed sometimes is a Southern Baptist, so he doesn't drink beer. But he does make some decent hooch out of an old toilet he saved from a bathroom he remodeled. He brings it out for his good friends, like you.

cute little truck. one of these days i'll likely go to a smaller one. after 25+ years of siveraydos, it'll be a difficult move, but it'll likely get to the point i need to sit down to piss, too.

ext_GBA_deg03.jpg

Great! I love gmc denalis. Did you check with Rifle for any advice on financing the car?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT