ADVERTISEMENT

"Houston, we have another problem"

I don’t like the fit, but we’ll see. Completely different dynamics this time around. NYK trades their whole team (some of them were Mike’s guys), so Melo knew coming in that he was the king of NY. Mike was the easy scapegoat to all of Melo’s problems.

Now, Mike’s style has been vindicated. There are still naysayers, but the game has moved more & more toward Mike’s style of play. That’s undeniable. Melo was also going to be coming off the bench in OKC. That will tame your ego...and his boy Chris Paul will help keep him in line.

Still not a fan of it, but it will work much better than last time.

Mike told me that might happen when he was in town two weeks ago. Past history: Carsmello got him and his current assistant fired. But don't worry -- I predict Harden and Paul will police him. Perhaps by now he may realize that he's not a franchise player. Given everything that has preceded it (LeBron to Lakers, etc.) it COULD prove to the best move available to the Rockets.

Mike told me that might happen when he was in town two weeks ago. Past history: Carsmello got him and his current assistant fired. But don't worry -- I predict Harden and Paul will police him. Perhaps by now he may realize that he's not a franchise player. Given everything that has preceded it (LeBron to Lakers, etc.) it COULD prove to the best move available to the Rockets.
Yeah, it's pretty much their only move. Golden State is head & shoulders above everyone when it comes to putting a roster/staff together and building it around a system, so Houston will still be well behind them.

Houston is doing what they're doing to be the bridge to cover the gap between GS and the rest of the NBA. If GS has a few injuries, Kerr has back troubles again, etc. Houston will be there waiting to snag a title.

Carmelo didn't fit Mike's system as a Knick because of his propensity to stop the ball. He would catch, ISO, two dribbles and shoot.

The reason I think it will work better in Houston is because Carmelo is going to come off the bench. He isn't going to be the go-to scorer in a speedball offense. Off the bench he will be fine as the ISO replacement for Harden... Also, New York never had a legitimate point guard during Carmelos time there, so having CP to direct the offense and keep the ball moving will help.

Carmelo doesn't fit into any system where:

1) The fans expect to win more than 40 games
2) There is another player on the team better than him

Reactions: sistersville
Carmelo didn't fit Mike's system as a Knick because of his propensity to stop the ball. He would catch, ISO, two dribbles and shoot.

The reason I think it will work better in Houston is because Carmelo is going to come off the bench. He isn't going to be the go-to scorer in a speedball offense. Off the bench he will be fine as the ISO replacement for Harden... Also, New York never had a legitimate point guard during Carmelos time there, so having CP to direct the offense and keep the ball moving will help.
Carmelo won't be coming off the bench. Mike has changed/adapted his style at Houston so Carmelo's ball stopping and isolation won't be as much of a problem. He is a great 3 point shooter. This is only option they had with golden state

I don’t like the fit, but we’ll see. Completely different dynamics this time around. NYK trades their whole team (some of them were Mike’s guys), so Melo knew coming in that he was the king of NY. Mike was the easy scapegoat to all of Melo’s problems.

Now, Mike’s style has been vindicated. There are still naysayers, but the game has moved more & more toward Mike’s style of play. That’s undeniable. Melo was also going to be coming off the bench in OKC. That will tame your ego...and his boy Chris Paul will help keep him in line.

Still not a fan of it, but it will work much better than last time.
I agree and its a sad day. Helped curry become a star

Anthony is never going to help anybody unless he comes off the bench. Watched him his whole career.

Lol and you talked to Mike. Boy someone is dead wrong about Anthony. Maybe me maybe not. Its cool because time will give us the answer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT