ADVERTISEMENT

How does an excellent ball striker like Tiger shoot an 82?

Tough to watch one of (not better than Jack) the best golfers ever struggle like this.

Short game woes. He may have a nerve condition or eye sight condition would be my guess. His body looks healthy but the short game yips indicate something is wrong neurologically.

Short game problems are usually a result of lack of play. He was in Europe with his girlfriend recently. Probably not too many golf courses on a ski slope. He did get his front tooth knocked out though.

dm_150119_golf_tiger_loses_tooth.jpg

Competitive golf is a grind and it's hard to jump right back in and immediately compete again after a hiatus like his. If he can't break 80 in May or June then we should be concerned IMO.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by GeorgeDickel:
Competitive golf is a grind and it's hard to jump right back in and immediately compete aedigain after a hiatus like his. If he can't break 80 in May or June then we should be concerned IMO.
yep, it's another story blown out of proportion by the media. If he's still playing this way after The Open in mid-Summer, then perhaps there is a serious problem. But right now, you cannot judge from 2 days of golf. He was hurt most of last year, then took very long break.

Just like Rafa Nadal talks about in tennis, you cannot simulate real action tennis. You can practice and practice, but the only way to get in actual shape is to play competitive matches. I feel the same holds true for other sports especially golf. Tiger can hit the range and courses every day, practice every day. Hit 1000 shots every day, make 1000 putts every day. But all of that doesn't compare to actually playing in real events. Give Tiger more matches, give him some months. If he's still doing this, then you have a pattern. But right now, there's too small of a sample size.

But the media loves sensationalization and won't shut the hell up about certain topics. Just look at past few weeks, they won't shut up about DeflateGate.

Originally posted by bEER_Nation13:
Originally posted by GeorgeDickel:
Competitive golf is a grind and it's hard to jump right back in and immediately compete aedigain after a hiatus like his. If he can't break 80 in May or June then we should be concerned IMO.
yep, it's another story blown out of proportion by the media. If he's still playing this way after The Open in mid-Summer, then perhaps there is a serious problem. But right now, you cannot judge from 2 days of golf. He was hurt most of last year, then took very long break.
you're usually a dipshit, but this...he's coming off an injury, he's hired a new swing coach. i'd give it a few months before i'd write off arguably the greatest golfer ever.

Tiger's out of the top 50 right now. If he struggles this week then I'd say there are real problems.

He is going to struggle? Does anybody here play golf? After a long layoff what is the first thing to go? The short game. That is why he is playing early so he can work on it and get the hee bee geebees out of the way.

Although, I think his eyes are failing him or he has a neurological problem. Could even be a vitamin deficiency of some sort.

My vitamin D got dangerously low and it screwed me over. Like bad. I finally had to go to the DR as I knew something was wrong. When I was trying to play golf my legs would tremble in the fairway and go numb. When I tried to put my hands were shaking all over the place and it caused me to get that word that nobody wants to say around golf.

Got that straightened out and I am good to go now.

Or maybe he would rather just bang Lindsey Vonn instead of working on some chips.
This post was edited on 2/2 2:22 PM by i am herdman

Given Tiger's track record (which makes Bill Clinton's women look classy), my bet is that Tiger has syphilis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT