ADVERTISEMENT

How Long Before "Let's Go Brandon" is labeled as hate speech?

Facebook is full of liberal echo chambers too. That’s the problem, when you use a lot of social media now you pretty much only see people who agree with you.

That realization, or maybe just a growing annoyance with that fact I figured out a while back, is a big part of why I’m here again.

Not on Facebook but I imagine so that there are both. I've heard conservatives complain about being censored on Facebook and Twitter. Knowing anything about Zuckerberg and Dorsey that doesn't really surprise me.

Most people do like to congregate with like-minded people with like-minded interests so "echo chambers" are a somewhat natural by-product. However a lot of people don't want to be boxed in by echo chambers.

I am inquisitive by nature. I've heard both sides make some pretty outrageous claims that are easily proven wrong with a minimum amount of research.

I enjoy some healthy, intelligent debate but am easily bored by the incessant name calling by some that appears to be their only defense.

Started posting here when I was recovering from Covid and was bored and needed something to do. It has kept me a little more informed on current events so that is good.

images
If you don't think social media algorithms create echo chambers you are one dumb SOB.

Remember the good old days when you could set Facebook to show you your friends' posts in chronological order? Yeah that is gone.

I have managed to create my own echo chamber. One with posts about weather, science, automotive stuff, and a few friends that just shitpost about anything. I have many friends that are talented photographers, their posts show up plenty. And groups, about a third of my news feed is the groups I am active in...none of which are political.

It's fairly easy to do this, just be mindful of what you "like" or what you respond to and ineteract with.

Twitter is different. Twitter will recommend posts from RWNJs. I think this is because I follow quite a few politicians from both parties, mainly as a news thing to see what they are saying. I also get left wing nuts too. But still most of my Twitter feed is weather and sports.
It’s making fun of the media. It all started because race fans were chanting fvck joe Biden which has been happening in stadiums all over the country. Media chick tried to play it off and said they were chanting for the driver that won, Brandon something. It took off from there.
Well I know this now because I looked it up.
Isn't the liberal media a better example of an echo chamber than Facebook???🤔
Of course.
Facebook is full of liberal echo chambers too.
Yep.
Most people do like to congregate with like-minded people with like-minded interests so "echo chambers" are a somewhat natural by-product.
In small groups, yes. In large groups no. Used to be you went to your bowling league and there was a cross-section of people there; Repubs and Dems, protestants and Catholics, etc. You only had three channels of shit on TV to talk about at the water cooler. We don't do stuff like that anymore. Shared experiences are fewer and the sense of community is lessened.
The "journalist" covers NASCAR. NASCAR wants no controversy, and if you don't tow that line they will run you out. Hell, they docked points from Dale Jr for saying "shit" in an interview (and that was the day I stopped watching NASCAR every race). That's also the day I knew NASCAR as we had known it was dead.

Why in the **** would a liberal want Kamala Harris to be President?

Who do they want then? I thought she was what liberalism was all about. And even beyond being the first black woman president, she sounds like a young Nancy Pelosi. Isn't that what liberalism is? Big nice ideas that would be actually great if they worked, but they just can't.

If she's not it, then what do liberals want then? Democrats are always going to win unless they blow it. Republicans are not only awful candidates, but they also have a platform that just isn't going to work either. It must not be able to, because they abandon it as soon as they get sworn in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT