ADVERTISEMENT

How Many of You . . .

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
don't like the majority of your family?

I ask, because I constantly hear people bickering and fighting with their family and dreading having to be around them for the holidays.

While sunbathing today, before the first-class flight I am currently on to Houston, because ya' know, rich, I witnessed this exchange:

Mom, dad, and young daughter (in a dress, with flowers) have a camera on a stand with a beautiful background to take what I assume are their annual holiday pictures. One problem: Dad forgot to charge the camera, so they don't get to capture any pictures. That makes mom annoyed, and her tone is comical when she says "well how did you let that happen."

Daughter keeps crying about just wanting to get in the hot tub.

Dad starts complaining that "if they all show up late, I am going to be really mad." Mom responds with "you have to learn that you can't control what other people do. If they all come late, then let it go."

Mom tells daughter that she has to stay with dad at the hot tub, because the cleaning lady needs to be let in the house.

Mom complains to dad that she has to change out of her jeans so she can put on better clothes to walk in while wearing heels. Dad goes back to talking about people coming late, and mom responds with "if the lawyer and doctor come late, then we will just ask them each for $100 regardless." I assume they are using their occupations to describe the people so that the young daughter doesn't know who they are talking about.

Daughter keeps crying about wanting to go to the hot tub. Mom tells daughter "if grandpa and grandma are in a bad mood, you'll have to leave them alone, ok?"

Merry fvcking Christmas. Sounds like a blast to be around.

Can you stop using the term sunbathing? Use laying out by the pool. Sitting by the pool. Something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
Can you stop using the term sunbathing? Use laying out by the pool. Sitting by the pool. Something like that.
When I sunbathe, I am not always at the pool. "Sunbathing" is how they say it in the south of France, and because ya' know, wealthy, I shall say it like that, too.

Now, let's talk about your wife's family. Do you enjoy spending holidays with them?

My wife and I have near zero problems with any of the family. Very fortunate.

When I sunbathe, I am not always at the pool. "Sunbathing" is how they say it in the south of France, and because ya' know, wealthy, I shall say it like that, too.

Now, let's talk about your wife's family. Do you enjoy spending holidays with them?
Yes her family is fine. However, I generally don't like the holidays anymore.

Sounds effeminate.

Last edited:
Welp, now we know whose wives read the board.
Mine doesn't. You asked if enjoyed spending the holidays with them. I get along with her family always have. Don't necessarily enjoy the holidays though.

. . . with them. I get it.
I don't like it with anybody. hahaha. Kids, women, children, whoever. I rather go fishing or golfing. Maybe I should volunteer to have to work tbe moderator shift. My inlaws are cool though. Now if you ask about some of my family members. No, don't need to be around them.

I like the vast majority of my family.

Now, my in laws….

Actually that’s not fair, it’s really only the one I don’t like. She just also happens to be my MIL. But I don’t like her enough for all of them.

Reactions: thunderscope
I like my family, but the older I get the less I like large get togethers (family or not). I like having just 1 other family over for dinner/hang out by the pool. When you get a big group I just don't care for it as much. I like my in-laws a lot.

My family keeps asking us to join the extended family for a big beach vacation at a big house...that just does not appeal to me at all.

I love spending time with my immediate family and my parents, or my immediate family and in-laws...or just 1 set of cousins....but you start getting multiple families together and ugh...

I like everyone in my family but a few of them. They are on my side of the family.They are freeloading, thieving ,canniving, manipulating, sneaky, stealing, mooch off the world people. Take advanatage of people and then guess who gets to clean it up? You guessed it. It is amazing what some people will do.

don't like the majority of your family?

I ask, because I constantly hear people bickering and fighting with their family and dreading having to be around them for the holidays.

While sunbathing today, before the first-class flight I am currently on to Houston, because ya' know, rich, I witnessed this exchange:

Mom, dad, and young daughter (in a dress, with flowers) have a camera on a stand with a beautiful background to take what I assume are their annual holiday pictures. One problem: Dad forgot to charge the camera, so they don't get to capture any pictures. That makes mom annoyed, and her tone is comical when she says "well how did you let that happen."

Daughter keeps crying about just wanting to get in the hot tub.

Dad starts complaining that "if they all show up late, I am going to be really mad." Mom responds with "you have to learn that you can't control what other people do. If they all come late, then let it go."

Mom tells daughter that she has to stay with dad at the hot tub, because the cleaning lady needs to be let in the house.

Mom complains to dad that she has to change out of her jeans so she can put on better clothes to walk in while wearing heels. Dad goes back to talking about people coming late, and mom responds with "if the lawyer and doctor come late, then we will just ask them each for $100 regardless." I assume they are using their occupations to describe the people so that the young daughter doesn't know who they are talking about.

Daughter keeps crying about wanting to go to the hot tub. Mom tells daughter "if grandpa and grandma are in a bad mood, you'll have to leave them alone, ok?"

Merry fvcking Christmas. Sounds like a blast to be around.

I always got along well, but honestly I come from a small family (both my parents were only children, my wife's parents both had only one sibling) so the opportunities for conflict were kept to a minimum. How bout you Rifle, do you spend any time with any of your family?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT