ADVERTISEMENT

How stupid is this moron?

Well, California had $2.5 billion in wildfire damage last year, not including the cost to fight them. So far this year they are at $845 million and, obviously, counting.

The cost to run a water line is about a half million per mile, so $50 million per 100 miles plus the cost of the towers and keeping the break cleared. If you are saving even 25% of the damage cost you can fund a lot of miles of water lines.
Who pays the $2.5 billion?

I’ll answer insurance and private property owners.

Why don't you guys eat a bag of dicks. They are not managing the Forrest correctly. All in the name of save da Earf and tree hugging. You have to limit growth and have controlled burns as well. So, yehh suck one. They don't have a healthy forest situation going on. Because they are not managing it correctly.

Exactly what foresters have told me. You have to manage the damn forest.

----------------------------------------------

Experts point to a century’s worth of fire suppression as one factor in allowing forests to build up a dangerous amount of flammable material. Tom Bonnicksen, a retired forestry and wildfire expert who spent years researching fires in California, told The Chronicle that forests around Paradise contained about 2,000 trees per acre when he studied the area about a decade ago. A healthy forest should have between 60 and 80 trees per acre, he said.
Please write your senator and congressperson since they are federally owned forest lands.

Well, California had $2.5 billion in wildfire damage last year, not including the cost to fight them. So far this year they are at $845 million and, obviously, counting.

The cost to run a water line is about a half million per mile, so $50 million per 100 miles plus the cost of the towers and keeping the break cleared. If you are saving even 25% of the damage cost you can fund a lot of miles of water lines.

$2.5 billion is losses to the state or to insurance companies?

100 miles? I bet you could lay 100 miles of pipe in LA County alone. Hell, probably a lot more.

Why don't you guys eat a bag of dicks. They are not managing the Forrest correctly. All in the name of save da Earf and tree hugging. You have to limit growth and have controlled burns as well. So, yehh suck one. They don't have a healthy forest situation going on. Because they are not managing it correctly.

Exactly what foresters have told me. You have to manage the damn forest.

----------------------------------------------

Experts point to a century’s worth of fire suppression as one factor in allowing forests to build up a dangerous amount of flammable material. Tom Bonnicksen, a retired forestry and wildfire expert who spent years researching fires in California, told The Chronicle that forests around Paradise contained about 2,000 trees per acre when he studied the area about a decade ago. A healthy forest should have between 60 and 80 trees per acre, he said.

We know almost 60% of California forests are federal land. What is the state percentage (not privately owned)? I just read 2%...I don't know if that is true, but if it is you and Trump can eat a bag of dicks, with a bag of ballsacks as a dessert. Maybe some hairy assholes as an appetizer. :cool:

Reactions: i am herdman
We know almost 60% of California forests are federal land. What is the state percentage (not privately owned)? I just read 2%...I don't know if that is true, but if it is you and Trump can eat a bag of dicks, with a bag of ballsacks as a dessert. Maybe some hairy assholes as an appetizer. :cool:
I had to laugh at that one. hahaaaaaaa

Right where I start this video is a graphic explaining how strong, dry winds just totally fvck up California.

I'm gonna drop some science: Katabatic winds, if we are talking about the Santa Ana, are very low in humidity and warm as they rush downhill. Fun fact: katabatic winds off of elevated ice sheets in Greenland have produced wind speeds of 190 mph, and in Antarctica create deserts . The eastern slope of the Rockies has this phenomenon, but in that case it is adiabatic winds, similar in effect (and great for setting up "dry lines" on the high plains to help produce huge fvcking tornadoes).

I absolutely refuse to use CNN as a resource Raoul. You might as well post Daffy Duck talking about the weather.

Reactions: 19MU88
I absolutely refuse to use CNN as a resource Raoul. You might as well post Daffy Duck talking about the weather.

Tom Sater previously was the chief meterologist at FOX 5 in Washington DC. And if you don't think the FOX station in Washington fvcking DC isn't political...

Anyway, I saw this floating around online and thought that graphic was perfect. I am a big fan of simple graphics to break down the science behind weather.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT