ADVERTISEMENT

Huff explains why he will continue to roll with Cam

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
As I wrote in a reply in the other thread. At the 17:38 mark, Keith asks Huff if he is going to make the switch at QB and he lays out the reasons why he will not be doing so. Huff claims he doesn't see enough in practice to warrant making the wholesale switch. That he has situations that he'd like to play Cole in and had some in mind last week, but those situations never materialized during the game.

He basically says that making the switch to younger players for the sake gaining experience would be throwing in the towel on the season and betraying seniors like Porter.

The whole second half of this is worth the listen as Huff answers many questions we keep asking.

I really believe is all about mobility and survival.
No sense in sending a less mobile guy out there to get hammered.
We all want to see something different but it might not have a shot at success.

I don't believe him. Cole has played and is every bit as good as Cam, I feel he deserves a chance to play more. There is no way he can put up any worse numbers.
I mean he may be, but let's be honest. We saw a very small sample size that is also blinded by his last name. For all we know he may not look very good in practice. He may not be very good at all.

I'm no Fancher fan. As evidenced in my posts. I just don't think we can assume that Cole is better either. We all want him to be and I think we assume he will be because of his name.

The one thing I did like about Cole is that he was willing to look down field. However he did look lost at times and that isn't much different than what we're seeing.

The bottom line is that this staff has grossly neglected the QB position in the three years that Huff has been here. Mr. #1 Recruiter has brought in two transfers in Colombi (garbage) and McMahon(damaged goods) and a walk-on transfer from Morehead State in Parachek.

Chase Harrison and Zamora might have been Huff guys, but I can't remember and both of them appear to be busts. One left and the other never gets brought up.

He knew what we had and felt we were good to go. McMahon is only here because Spring showed just how bad off we were and they took him sight unseen and wasted a scholarship.

Last edited:
As I wrote in a reply in the other thread. At the 17:38 mark, Keith asks Huff if he is going to make the switch at QB and he lays out the reasons why he will not be doing so. Huff claims he doesn't see enough in practice to warrant making the wholesale switch. That he has situations that he'd like to play Cole in and had some in mind last week, but those situations never materialized during the game.

He basically says that making the switch to younger players for the sake gaining experience would be throwing in the towel on the season and betraying seniors like Porter.

The whole second half of this is worth the listen as Huff answers many questions we keep asking.

Dude, rivals ad placements can't be any better. Right below you post it is showing a video of a guy slipping on a banana carrying an acme crate. The fire Huff thread had huffs bewildered face right below the opening post. Good stuff

Can't judge a guys performance coming in down 10000 points and the d got their ears pinned back.
Let him play with the full compliment of plays at his disposal.

I just need to figure out how to keep myself entertained while sitting in the stadium for 3 1/2 hours. Anybody want to play a board game if I bring something?

• Haha
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I don't believe him. Cole has played and is every bit as good as Cam, I feel he deserves a chance to play more. There is no way he can put up any worse numbers.
I don't believe Huff and is not able to evaluate QBs. I went to the spring game & we have a few QBs who could throw the ball better than Fancher. His stubbornness and ego is getting his way. Oh well, he is going to get fired and go down with Cam. DUMB!

I don't believe Huff and is not able to evaluate QBs. I went to the spring game & we have a few QBs who could throw the ball better than Fancher. His stubbornness and ego is getting his way. Oh well, he is going to get fired and go down with Cam. DUMB!
Oh no, you haven't heard that Coach Stowers insists there are no viable QBs that can even hope to sniff Cam's jock. He and the OP are very resistant to even the thought of giving Cole a chance. It's to the point that they hope he does poorly, just to be right

Considering the dumpster fire our offense is now, it's truly maddening to keep pretending Cam gives us any hope of winning. Huff doesn't know shit from shinola about evaluating talent, as evidenced by the players he has brought in from the portal. He's a fvcking hack and only the Homers like Stowers, Perkins, et al are going to keep supporting his decisions.

Oh no, you haven't heard that Coach Stowers insists there are no viable QBs that can even hope to sniff Cam's jock. He and the OP are very resistant to even the thought of giving Cole a chance. It's to the point that they hope he does poorly, just to be right

Considering the dumpster fire our offense is now, it's truly maddening to keep pretending Cam gives us any hope of winning. Huff doesn't know shit from shinola about evaluating talent, as evidenced by the players he has brought in from the portal. He's a fvcking hack and only the Homers like Stowers, Perkins, et al are going to keep supporting his decisions.
the amazing thing is this, people cited last years win streak. But all one needs to do is go back and they would see that the defense essentially won us most of those games. Fast forward to now and that defense is no longer on the field. That forced the offense to pull its weight and that isn't happening currently. All every team has to do is stack the box and dare us to throw more than 5 yards.

the amazing thing is this, people cited last years win streak. But all one needs to do is go back and they would see that the defense essentially won us most of those games. Fast forward to now and that defense is no longer on the field. That forced the offense to pull its weight and that isn't happening currently. All every team has to do is stack the box and dare us to throw more than 5 yards.

That offense with him @ QB has never really looked great.
Big Ali runs papered over the cracks.
Oline is suspect WR corps is suspect it's all meh.
I'd like to see something anything different but I got to believe there is some logic being applied by the people who run practices and watch all the film.
Nobody in their right mind would settle for mediocrity if there was any other option.

That offense with him @ QB has never really looked great.
Big Ali runs papered over the cracks.
Oline is suspect WR corps is suspect it's all meh.
I'd like to see something anything different but I got to believe there is some logic being applied by the people who run practices and watch all the film.
Nobody in their right mind would settle for mediocrity if there was any other option.
I agree and would hope a guy getting paid millions (yes millions over life of contract) would have the ability to pick the best qb on the roster. However, that has been proven to be false at every football program around the country, from peewee to the NFL. Coaches sometimes get blinded for various reasons and dig their heels in for multiple reasons. I've never coached at this level, but have coached hs and down for the last 20, football and bball. The reason that is relevant is, some players play different when the lights are on. It goes both ways, guy can look great in practice, then melt in the game. Some guys look meh in practice, then kill it during the game. But you never truly know until you give someone the reps to prove themselves in game. I'm talking about a real shot, design gameplan around them and start at 0-0 and see what happens. Huff may be suprised he has a qb on the roster. Btw, idc who is qb, just know Fancher IS NOT the guy.

You gotta admit. That's an impressive qbr. Lol
6.5 ………6.5………. huh, the only metric I can think of where that number indicates greatness is on the Richter scale! And that, my fren’s, is what is happening to our storied football program right now; a damned earthquake….

• Haha
Reactions: MUMAN3419
If Huff thinks Fancher gives us the best chance to win I’m inclined to believe him. However, Fancher should not be the starter going into next season, whether the starter is someone on the roster or a transfer. If they’d make Fancher into a utility player on offense and he’d shine

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

Cam sucks. He absolutely sucks and no one has taken the job from him. That's pretty sad. It's a low bar and shouldn't be that hard.

I know some claim that Huff is just playing favorites.

1. Why would he purposely play a bad QB when he wants to move up so bad.

2. TJ McMahon disproves that as well. Huff ajnd Trickett decided that they didn't need to take a QB in 2023. That we were good. Then after Spring ball it was evident that we were bad at QB so they went to the portal, late, and offered a washed out Rice QB sight unseen and when he got here found out that his shoulder was busted up. They just took a shot hoping he'd do something.

Fact of the matter is that Mr. #1 recruiter has not recruited a single QB that is worth a darn. Not one.

Fancher and Pennington are not his.

He brought in Colombi(sucked), McMahon(unable to play), Parachek(walk-on), Chase Harrison(no one thinks about him), and Pete Zamora(hyped social media fraud).

We're screwed.

Last edited:
Cam sucks. He absolutely sucks and no one has taken the job from him. That's pretty sad. It's a low bar and shouldn't be that hard.

I know some claim that Huff is just playing favorites.

1. Why would be purposely play a bad QB when he wants to move up so bad.

2. TJ McMahon disproves that. Huff ajd Teuckett decided that they didn't neednto take a QB in 2023. That we were good. Then after Spring ball it was evident that we were bad at QB so they went to the portal, late, and offered a washed out Rice QB sigght unseen and when he got here found out that his shoulder was busted up. They just took a shot hoping he'd do something.

Fact of the matrer is that Mr. #1 recruiter has not recruited a single QB that is worth a darn. Not one.

Fancher and Pennington are not his.

He brought in Colombi(sucked), McMahon(unable to play), Parachek(walk-on), Chase Harrison(no one thinks about him), and Pete Zamora(hyped social media fraud).

We're screwed.
Pennington is Huff's. He came in the same class with Harrison and Zamora. I have a message from a current herd player saying "if we want to win right now, we have to play Harrison, hes just a bit banged up."

We don't hear about Harrison because of Pennington.

Either way, Cam Fancher is horrid to watch Hell, I could've thrown for more than 13 yards in the first half last week.

Reactions: HerdFB1
The issue is two prong, poor QB recruiting and bad QB development. Trickett hasn't done squat as our QB coach. Just bad all the way around.
I watched Ohio and Buffalo last night, both QB's were miles ahead of ours. OU had Rourke II and Buffalo had a portal transfer. GSU, WKU, JMU all have portal QB's running the show with success. Huff and staff need to go and end this madness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT