ADVERTISEMENT

Huff explains why he will continue to roll with Cam

At some point, if all your options are bad... You pick a new option over the one you've been using.

Fancher is awful. The last two games, even awful is generous.

I dont know if Pennington, Parachek, Harrison, whoever, is better but you have to try SOMETHING... Hell, put in an extra lineman, take out the QB all together and lets run the damn wildcat. At least Ali up the middle isn't going to result in negative plays or interceptions... If we can't throw, and all indication are that we can't, go grab a F'n high school playbook and lets run the damn Wing-T. Games will be over in 2 hours and 20 mins.

Pennington is Huff's. He came in the same class with Harrison and Zamora. I have a message from a current herd player saying "if we want to win right now, we have to play Harrison, hes just a bit banged up."

We don't hear about Harrison because of Pennington.

Either way, Cam Fancher is horrid to watch Hell, I could've thrown for more than 13 yards in the first half last week.
Pennington was initially recruited and offered by Doc. Huff just took over and honored the scholarship that was already offered to him by the previous staff.

Every other QB has been discussed except for Harrison. Even when Zamora was here he was talked about over Harrison.

It's gonna be 2025 before the dust settles. And that's with a new staff next year. The longer this staff stays, the deeper the hole gets.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
My new worry is that we become Southern Miss, where it’s taking them 5 years & counting to reestablish the level of success we expect…….
the next hire will be crucial. Ellis Johnson blew that program up and the next hire wasn't any better.

This issue is that for the vast majority of G5s and even some P5s is that the fan bases and donor bases aren't that deep and when apathy sets in and you lose a portion of them it's difficult to bring them back. The down years gave them time to really think if it was ever really worth donating money and time.

Reactions: RhinoD
This issue is that for the vast majority of G5s and even some P5s is that the fan bases and donor bases aren't that deep and when apathy sets in and you lose a portion of them it's difficult to bring them back. The down years gave them time to really think if it was ever really worth donating money and time.
This was the scary thing about the game at App last week... The number of MU fans/boosters/donors openly voicing their displeasure after the game was as high as I have ever seen (and I was around for Snyder's last two years).

Once people are over it, you have your work cut out trying to get them to buy in again. We can't take two more years of getting our brains beat in by mediocre/bad conference teams. We just can't, it will take a decade to recover.

This was the scary thing about the game at App last week... The number of MU fans/boosters/donors openly voicing their displeasure after the game was as high as I have ever seen (and I was around for Snyder's last two years).

Once people are over it, you have your work cut out trying to get them to buy in again. We can't take two more years of getting our brains beat in by mediocre/bad conference teams. We just can't, it will take a decade to recover.
The administration HAS to make a move at the end of the season. Especially if we miss a bowl game. Another year of Huff could have a negative impact on this program that reverberates for several years.

Especially with an aging, shrinking fan base; and seemingly no plan to increase it. jmo

the amazing thing is this, people cited last years win streak. But all one needs to do is go back and they would see that the defense essentially won us most of those games. Fast forward to now and that defense is no longer on the field. That forced the offense to pull its weight and that isn't happening currently. All every team has to do is stack the box and dare us to throw more than 5 yards.

Don’t tell the boys over at Thundercast that

Especially with an aging, shrinking fan base; and seemingly no plan to increase it. jmo
One of my biggest fears is that once everyone affected by the crash has passed away that our core fan base will be decimated. We haven't been good enough over the last two decades to cultivate more fans. The casual fans are not concerning themselves with Marshall football.

You’ve been to practice?? How would you know if what he says is true

Because Spears invites all his friends to practice.
We also have the password to the exclusive clubhouse where we see all the inner workings of MU, the city, and the region!

But that means you'd have to be friends with Spears so you're kinda SOL, pal.

the next hire will be crucial. Ellis Johnson blew that program up and the next hire wasn't any better.

Wow, it's like, what I have been saying all along!

Quick, go do a listing of the records and accomplishments of USM seasons after Fedora left.

You'll see how fortunate we have been.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
One of my biggest fears is that once everyone affected by the crash has passed away that our core fan base will be decimated. We haven't been good enough over the last two decades to cultivate more fans. The casual fans are not concerning themselves with Marshall football.

To me, it's the age gap that will be problematic.
There was sa huge hole in people who worked in the coal mines over higher education.
Now, you have young professionals who are making decent money but are still stuck paying off loans or starting families or moving, etc., who haven't been able to save up to give sizeable donations to MU and likely won't for a while.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
The battle ship idea is good. They could place special shirts in seats on both sides. Have a person with a mic on each side and take turns calling out section and seat numbers. If you get a hit that person has to stand up and put on their red shirt.

Yeah they both suck ass and huff hasn’t recruited anyone worth a damn to fix the problem
Neither has he picked a guy that can coach/teach QBs, recruiting your way out of trouble isn’t everything unless he magically lands a 5th year senior that is proven. I believe seeing diamonds in the rough and a guy to coach a kid up through his mechanics and reads and reps is best for us. Trickett aka “Trick Daddy” needs to get gone, the guy is a joke. Huff had his chance to improve the team and settled for an assistant coaching the TEs. Lazy lazy lazy…..

wanted championships, now we’re begging for first downs….. as the gap widens….

Neither has he picked a guy that can coach/teach QBs, recruiting your way out of trouble isn’t everything unless he magically lands a 5th year senior that is proven. I believe seeing diamonds in the rough and a guy to coach a kid up through his mechanics and reads and reps is best for us. Trickett aka “Trick Daddy” needs to get gone, the guy is a joke. Huff had his chance to improve the team and settled for an assistant coaching the TEs. Lazy lazy lazy…..

wanted championships, now we’re begging for first downs….. as the gap widens….

It's insane to think this coaching staff was able to create a scheme to beat Notre Dame (actually controlled Notre Dame for 90% of the game), but can't cobble together an offense to score a TD.

It's insane to think this coaching staff was able to create a scheme to beat Notre Dame (actually controlled Notre Dame for 90% of the game), but can't cobble together an offense to score a TD.
We could run the ball and we were spreading the ball around against ND. We are not even really attempting to run the ball now. Laborn wasn't saving himself for the pros. Didn't limp out of games whenever he was touched. He was tough and willing to get tough yards.

Ali touched the ball 11 times last week. ELEVEN!! Apparently, he is on a "pitch count". Our "star" back is nonexistent in this offense, and it appears to be on purpose.

We could run the ball and we were spreading the ball around against ND. We are not even really attempting to run the ball now. Laborn wasn't saving himself for the pros. Didn't limp out of games whenever he was touched. He was tough and willing to get tough yards.

Ali touched the ball 11 times last week. ELEVEN!! Apparently, he is on a "pitch count". Our "star" back is nonexistent in this offense, and it appears to be on purpose.
Not shocking...it's sad Ali has to endure being on such a bad team.

Not shocking...it's sad Ali has to endure being on such a bad team.
Naahh. He's getting some benefits. Restaurants giving him free food anytime for he and his "posse". A nice Benz to tool around town in. $$$ going into his bank account. Shows up, makes 11 plays and then "limps" off the field, and no one can ask a question about him. Nice tune up for his pro day.

Naahh. He's getting some benefits. Restaurants giving him free food anytime for he and his "posse". A nice Benz to tool around town in. $$$ going into his bank account. Shows up, makes 11 plays and then "limps" off the field, and no one can ask a question about him. Nice tune up for his pro day.
Compared to others, true.
But he's NFL caliber and his statement of how good he is, isn't being shown.
But the combine will probably fix all that.

Kind of hard to run the ball when teams stack the box all game because your QB is zero threat to pass. The OL is overwhelmed and our QB absolutely sucks.

Not to mention Trickett just abandons the run because his play calling and Cam's limitations keep us behind the sticks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT