ADVERTISEMENT

Huff isn’t resigning after all, but this thread delivers!

I say we just go straight up Madden and chuck it 50+ times and hope for the best. We either win a shootout, or we get beat 77-0. Let's cap this circus with a flaming wheel of death either way!

If Semore said something like this in a presser before the bowl game, he'd be a legend.

Reactions: RhinoD
Justin Timberlake Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Marshall's strategy is just to ignore it and hope it goes away. Maybe if the bowl game is an embarrassment, then they'll let him go.
Meanwhile, we'll take a huge PR hit and no one is defending the school or fanbase.

BTW, USA Today has an article that says we were the biggest disappointment in SB football this fall. Another recruiting gem.

Sadly, no it's not.

And that’s fine. Thats a compliment. Because bad programs don’t go 6-6 with a win over VT and a bowl invite and have it labeled as not only a disappointment but the biggest in the conference

You guys act like we are at rock bottom or something.

Mountains out of mole hills that should be the mantra of many of you!!!

Marshall's strategy is just to ignore it and hope it goes away. Maybe if the bowl game is an embarrassment, then they'll let him go.

Marshall strategy? No other entity anywhere does this. Right. Just Marshall.

Got those statements get old.

It’s not a Marshall thing. It’s a 2023 thing because all news is old news an hour later.

At this point, these are what is possible:

- This is lawyers, guns, and money. This is the best case scenario. Our lawyers are talking to CH's lawyers about how much $$ it takes in a compromise between his buyout and if he was fired for cause, etc.

- CS really is so tone deaf to everything that, after totally misreading the fanbase that clearly wanted CH out and a winner in after his failed season, now again misreads not only the fanbase, but the entire community (I have had many people who don't follow MU ask me how soon this guy is out) after his unforgivable and vile comments. In which case CH ceases to be the target and CS must go.

That is it. Either this guy is on the next boat out, or the fanbase, and the broader community, is totally lost, and most of it for good. These kind of disgusting statements cannot be forgiven, nor forgotten. MU must repudiate CH and his statements, totally and 100%.

Fire Charles Huff.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
And that’s fine. Thats a compliment. Because bad programs don’t go 6-6 with a win over VT and a bowl invite and have it labeled as not only a disappointment but the biggest in the conference

Bad teams lose 6 out of 7

Marshall is, of course, at rock bottom. Anyone who know anything more than "it has Marshall written on it, so it is the bestest eveeeeer!!" gets that.

Before his vile comments, the discussion was just whether to get a really bad coach out of here, this year, or next year. CS made, IMHO, the wrong call. But now, after his vile and repugnant comments, the entire future of the program is at stake. People are not going to be called the things that CH called them and then quietly renew tickets and give money. They are going to move on and be associated with people who treat them properly.

The clock is ticking. CS has to do the right thing and get this bozo out of here, now.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999

Isn’t a compliment imo , saying they expected more. It’s ok to appreciate what a coach has done & try and move on to something different & improve the Brand ( which is Marshall University). It’s time & that’s ok . We have a coach who doesn’t want to be here & would bolt at the first head coaching job if he was offered & that’s ok to that’s what it’s about . Sometimes just as it is in business and the real world it’s just time .

Rock bottom would be like.... last in your division or something. Glad we're not there!

It’s not a Marshall thing. It’s a 2023 thing because all news is old news an hour later.
Here's the thing... In LA, New York, Atlanta, or at huge universities with no connection to the greater community, you are correct.

Marshall isn't that way, Huntington isn't that way, West Virginia as a state isn't that way and you know it.

People around here don't just forgive and forget... Remember when we pissed off the season ticket holders by reseating the stadium? Of course you do, because people still talk about it, and many of the folks who were mad have never come back.

Remember when Huff said Huntington was "a tough place to live"? Of course you do, because people still talk about what a d-bag comment that was.

Huff has made yet another moronic comment, and Spears has dropped the ball by not addressing it - in one way or another.

Hell, at the very least you get Huff on the local news to shake his head and offer some half-baked apology. You don't do nothing - unless you don't know what you're doing.

The Herd's not at rock bottom, but is in danger of falling to that level. The true record is 5-6 against opponents at the same level while displaying some of the worst offense in the nation during a large part of the season.

Considering that the man was hired to close the gap for championship, and we have fallen to a 6-6 season. A season where there were games that we looked unprepared, poorly coached, and severely overmatched.

Then we have a coach, who is hanging on by a string, that needs a good season next year to survive his head coaching career. So, he needs a qb and many other impact players, and we are in the middle of the open portal, with NSD coming up. With all this going on, he publicly bashes the school and fanbase. Potentially sabotaging recruiting, thus his own career.

So, we might not be rock bottom, but we are not in a good place and are trending that way.

……well, it looks like I may have experienced a malady common for men - premature speculation. While there is no known cure, usually withholding access to internet linked devices for 48-72 hours will minimize the effects of PS. Been dealing with this since puberty…..

……well, it looks like I may have experienced a malady common for men - premature speculation. While there is no known cure, usually withholding access to internet linked devices for 48-72 hours will minimize the effects of PS. Been dealing with this since puberty…..
Speculation? So you were your own source? 🤣

Well looks like Marshall wants to kill its own athletic dept.

I'm convinced you'd kill your firstborn if Marshall asked you to.

Seriously dude, Marshall is at a pretty big low.
Bowl eligible when you had a team capable of 10 wins coming back.
Head coach who is having all the right things being said and done.

Complete and utter collapse, with evidence that "something ain't right" in the first 4 games.
Worse is the lack of multi dimensional approaches the team has, instead, forcing a scheme on a team not built for it, utter refusal to change, when change happens, it's in a no win situation.
Finger pointing with nobody who should, taking responsibility.
A complete lack of commitment to the program, by a head coach everyone championed when he signed on.

You're not going to lose fandom by saying, "we suck."

Last edited:
I'm convinced you'd kill your firstborn if Marshall asked you to.

Seriously dude, Marshall is at a pretty big low.
Bowl eligible when you had a team capable of 10 wins coming back.
Head coach who is having all the right things being said and done.

Complete and utter collapse, with evidence that "something ain't right" in the first 4 games.
Worse is the lack of multi dimensional approaches the team has, instead, forcing a scheme on a team not built for it, utter refusal to change, when change happens, it's in a no win situation.
Finger pointing with nobody taking responsibility.
A complete lack of commitment to the program, by a head coach everyone championed when he signed on.

You're not going to lose fandom by saying, "we suck."
I agree with you everything you said, except the 10 win part. I never understood the people before the season predicting 10 wins.

No proven qb, suspect offensive line, new d coordinator with a big turnover on that side of the ball.

But I never thought 6-6 either. Especially with the poor coaching, lack or preparation, and extremely non-competitive in several games.

I agree with you everything you said, except the 10 win part. I never understood the people before the season predicting 10 wins.

No proven qb, suspect offensive line, new d coordinator with a big turnover on that side of the ball.

But I never thought 6-6 either. Especially with the poor coaching, lack or preparation, and extremely non-competitive in several games.
I said "capable" which was probably what you could have guessed after seeing what MU did the previous season.

I said "capable" which was probably what you could have guessed after seeing what MU did the previous season.
No, I saw capable. Just based on what was coming back, I don’t see even that. Not trying to combative or rude at all. I agreed with everything you said except that. I was just using it as a point of discussion.

Reactions: Herdguy04
No, I saw capable. Just based on what was coming back, I don’t see even that. Not trying to combative or rude at all. I agreed with everything you said except that. I was just using it as a point of discussion.

No worries. I felt the team was capable of winning 10 games, considering they were pretty competitive back then...with a new season and experience with the OC and DC schemes, they'd be primed for a good run.

Hoooo boy, was I wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT