ADVERTISEMENT

I Honestly Can Say

See be positive Dan. Good to admit you are eating grow. Gonna be a super exciting game Dan.

I NEVER thought it was even possible for a squad full of West Virginia boys to not only play in a Big Dance game, but actually win one. Hats off to Danny and crew!!!!!
They can’t playing the way wvu currently plays.

Under Beilein, he had a bunch of WV types—Patrick Beilein, Gansey, JD Collins, Ruoff, Summers—(and a few WV kids) who proved they can play at an elite level in the Big East and NCAA.

Many of our fans have complained about having so many West Virginia kids on the team and "lack of talent" the past 4 years. I have never understood it. It's true WV doesn't have the amount of talent in the high schools as some other states but WV is not void of talent. Why not give the best talent in WV some scholarship offers and allow other WV talent to walk on? There is some good talent in the state.

Reactions: ohio herd
I NEVER thought it was even possible for a squad full of West Virginia boys to not only play in a Big Dance game, but actually win one. Hats off to Danny and crew!!!!!
I thought that big Logan Routt (Wetzel County?) played very well yesterday when Konate sat with foul trouble. Chase Harler also had a nice assist in his brief appearance. Lots of WV boys shining yesterday.

Reactions: ohio herd
If the talent level is similar to what it was 20 years ago, the same could be done with the baseball talent.
Don't get me started on this one as well regarding instate talent. WV kids playing baseball at Penn State, VCU, Campbell, Kentucky, and Radford that I know off the top of my head. Waggs has done a pretty good job of making that effort to get instate kids, but Mazey has not imo.

Here's a tidbit for all you die-hard 'Eers/Herd haters: Did you know that Jerry West signed his WVU letter of intent on Danny's dining room table? True story. When Fred Schaus came down to Coach Lewis D'Antoni's Mullens house to sign Willie Akers (son of a Virginian Railway roadmaster), he had Jerry come down from Chelyan so he could kill two birds with one stone!

And here's the kicker. Mullens was where the VGN changed the locomotives from steam/diesel to electric for the run over Clark's Gap and down the north bank of the New River to Roanoke.Guess what the name of the name of the local yard is: Elmore !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT