ADVERTISEMENT

I hope I’m not like this

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
I hate being behind old people in any type of food line. They never know what they want to order, they want to have social conversations with the waiter or waitress, and they fumble forever with their wallets and purses. Would it be rude to ask them to move it along because 15 other customers are waiting?

There’s a very popular donut spot across the street from me. The line is 20 minutes long regularly. The last 10 minutes you can clearly see the entire display window of what they have. Despite this people wait till they get to the window to actually decide which varieties they want in their dozen. It’s maddening.

Reactions: greengeezer
guess i'm growing more patient the older i get. i use to get extremely frustrated waiting around for anybody in any type of line. lottery ticket buyers were the ones that would put me over the edge the fastest. somewhere along the line i simply stopped giving a damn. getting pissed about waiting isn't affecting anybody but me and it's not going to make the line move any faster, so screw it.

i get it, though.

guess i'm growing more patient the older i get. i use to get extremely frustrated waiting around for anybody in any type of line. lottery ticket buyers were the ones that would put me over the edge the fastest. somewhere along the line i simply stopped giving a damn. getting pissed about waiting isn't affecting anybody but me and it's not going to make the line move any faster, so screw it.

i get it, though.
I feel like I also wait in lines a lot less now though. Food is waiting due to a mobile app. I don’t go to gas stations and people who do just use their card outside. If I’m only buying a couple things I can use self checkout (though this has a line some places anyway.) There’s just not as many lines.

It’s not old people, it’s a society that is self absorbed. Ten people in line at a “convenience” store and they’ll stand their talking or asking questions about lottery tickets, digging through their purse for change, and never even consider that everybody in line has some place to be or they wouldn’t have gone to the most expensive place to buy the thing they needed “conveniently”.

It never takes me more than 15 seconds to get to the register and pay.

Eh, that's until they stand right there at the counter and start working on their 20 scratch-offs.
maybe i'm not fully recovered, the thought of that . . .

237c296792117070a68d68191f09ccd9.gif

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT