ADVERTISEMENT

If 2021 could not get any worse

TCM always does a tribute this time of year for those in the entertainment industry we have lost. It is sad to see the names and images of actors, directors, writers, and such that have passed on in the last year.

TCM always does a tribute this time of year for those in the entertainment industry we have lost. It is sad to see the names and images of actors, directors, writers, and such that have passed on in the last year.
Death and taxes it happens to all of us. I don’t get the entire grieving process of celebrities. They aren’t who they play on tv and it’s not like we can’t watch reruns

I don’t get the entire grieving process of celebrities.
For me, I don’t feel I am grieving for them. It is more that I think of how their films, music, and dance enriched my life. I also realize that their unique talents won’t be creating anything else for me and others to enjoy.

I also realize that their unique talents won’t be creating anything else for me and others to enjoy.
Unique talents? Are you talking Hollywood actors/actresses or is that your politically correct way of describing the acting abilities of adult performers?

Unique talents? Are you talking Hollywood actors/actresses or is that your politically correct way of describing the acting abilities of adult performers?
I’m a collector/ watcher of old classic films. Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Betty Davis, Greer Garson, Tyrone Powers . . . I could go on and on. Yes, I will miss their UNIQUE talents.

I’m a collector/ watcher of old classic films. Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Betty Davis, Greer Garson, Tyrone Powers . . . I could go on and on. Yes, I will miss their UNIQUE talents.
But you can still experience their unique talents by watching their films. Those talents diminish with age. I’ve seen bb king Mickey Rooney and a couple others perform later in their lives and it wasn’t pretty

But you can still experience their unique talents by watching their films. Those talents diminish with age. I’ve seen bb king Mickey Rooney and a couple others perform later in their lives and it wasn’t pretty
I saw Phil Collins perform earlier this month...

Death and taxes it happens to all of us. I don’t get the entire grieving process of celebrities. They aren’t who they play on tv and it’s not like we can’t watch reruns
Grief can be different levels. And for the most part I’m with you on over-glorifying entertainers. That said, Betty White was actually pretty badass & the kind of person you hate to see go. The world was lucky to get 99 years with her.

Grief can be different levels. And for the most part I’m with you on over-glorifying entertainers. That said, Betty White was actually pretty badass & the kind of person you hate to see go. The world was lucky to get 99 years with her.
Never said she wasn’t badass but she was 99 we don’t need to act super surprised she bit the dust.

I saw Phil Collins perform earlier this month...

Is this for our against 429's argument?

Last I saw of Phil Collins, he was looking very frail. I think he had to sit because of an injury, but that could've just been an excuse.

Is this for our against 429's argument?

Last I saw of Phil Collins, he was looking very frail. I think he had to sit because of an injury, but that could've just been an excuse.
I was responding to "I’ve seen bb king Mickey Rooney and a couple others perform later in their lives and it wasn’t pretty", it was not for or against his argument. Phil Collins looked pretty frail when I saw him, I know he has been experiencing medical issues over the past number of years.

I was responding to "I’ve seen bb king Mickey Rooney and a couple others perform later in their lives and it wasn’t pretty", it was not for or against his argument. Phil Collins looked pretty frail when I saw him, I know he has been experiencing medical issues over the past number of years.
I saw Ozzy & Black Sabbath in the late 90’s. Honestly, it completely changed my mind on watching older performers live (for the better.) If it’s still the core of a band & they’ve survived for more than two decades, give the a show a shot.
I saw Prince in 2011 when he was 51 & having mobility issues. To this day, probably still the best live performance I’ve ever seen an individual put on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT