ADVERTISEMENT

If Huff is out, who do we go after?

ThunderCat98

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 23, 2007
Can we please look at a successful coach/staff at the FCS level? Someone that has at least won something/anything recently?

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Can we please look at a successful coach/staff at the FCS level? Someone that has at least won something/anything recently?
follow a blue print that has been successful, like JMU. Where was Cignatti from? Was he a spring chicken? etc
we should hire Paul Tortella tomorrow with what we have, he would think he died and went to Heaven...

Gerard Parker I'm sure will get a long look.

I do like the FCS route with a proven head coach looking to move up. There are plenty of good options who've actually led a program and knows how to manage people and be a leader of 150 people. We can see Huff wasn't ready to do that yet, we would be well served by someone with experience as a head coach this time around.

Or a re-tread. We need a grown up right now.

Last edited:
If Huff is gone, and I dont think that decision will be made until after the bowl game, the only option is to hire someone with head coaching experience. We need a leader/CEO who knows how to manage a program from top to bottom.

Being HC isn't about Xs and Os much at all, that's what you have coordinators for. Being HC is about being able to handle the rigors of being the head of a program.

We either hire someone from a smaller FBS school, or we bring in a proven FCS winner. Bonus points for someone willing keep Doege on staff in some capacity. He's the guy who could potentially get screwed in this deal... Take the OC job, get excited to develop your own system and call plays, then Huff gets canned/resigns immediately.

RIch Rodriguez.

I want to win. He would get NIL money. Creates buzz.

Marshall has dicked around the last 3 hires. Let's bring back some excitement.
He wants to be at a "Power 4" school. He is 17-6 at Jacksonville St and is taking them to their first ever bowl game. There are too many other better options for him to want to coach here. I don't know why people keep bringing his name up. He would not like it here and would not want to stay for long even if he did come here, just like Charles Huff. This is why many fans wanted Doc Holliday to remain as head coach. He liked it here, and he had no better options.

RIch Rodriguez.

I want to win. He would get NIL money. Creates buzz.

Marshall has dicked around the last 3 hires. Let's bring back some excitement.
You'd sell your soul to the devil to see us win, wouldn't you, ya sick bastard?

Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

Willie Simmons.

Young, only 43.
10 years of HC experience.
College QB.
Offensive minded.
Current salary at FAMU is only $300,000.
44-13 at FAMU including 11-1 this year. 33-5 in conference.

He wants to be at a "Power 4" school. He is 17-6 at Jacksonville St and is taking them to their first ever bowl game. There are too many other better options for him to want to coach here. I don't know why people keep bringing his name up. He would not like it here and would not want to stay for long even if he did come here, just like Charles Huff. This is why many fans wanted Doc Holliday to remain as head coach. He liked it here, and he had no better options.

Yeah if we wanted him the time was when we hired Huff.

If you want to take chance on a 2nd chance re-tread coach you gotta do it. Can’t let some other FBS school do it first then expect to come calling after the fact .

Willie Simmons.

Young, only 43.
10 years of HC experience.
College QB.
Offensive minded.
Current salary at FAMU is only $300,000.
44-13 at FAMU including 11-1 this year. 33-5 in conference.

Plus he’s in Florida. Obviously that helps with recruiting

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Guys… the answer is obvious. Rifle. But we would have to convince him to stop house shopping for McMansions in North Carolina and elsewhere… he’d have to get off the phone with Nick Saban and Matt Ruhle, and we’d have to triple his enormous salary. But he’s clearly the right guy for the job. The only problem is he hates the university, the town, and everyone of us…. Wait, being told that’s our current head coach.

Guys… the answer is obvious. Rifle. But we would have to convince him to stop house shopping for McMansions in North Carolina and elsewhere… he’d have to get off the phone with Nick Saban and Matt Ruhle, and we’d have to triple his enormous salary. But he’s clearly the right guy for the job. The only problem is he hates the university, the town, and everyone of us…. Wait, being told that’s our current head coach.
He also hates black people and can't handle being called out and yelled at

This guy could also bring a guy or two with him and recruit the upper echelon FCS portal kids.

Edit: He coaches the top ranked team in FCS and his salary is $310,000. Was named to the 35 under 35.

Last edited:
If Huff is gone, and I dont think that decision will be made until after the bowl game, the only option is to hire someone with head coaching experience. We need a leader/CEO who knows how to manage a program from top to bottom.

Being HC isn't about Xs and Os much at all, that's what you have coordinators for. Being HC is about being able to handle the rigors of being the head of a program.

We either hire someone from a smaller FBS school, or we bring in a proven FCS winner. Bonus points for someone willing keep Doege on staff in some capacity. He's the guy who could potentially get screwed in this deal... Take the OC job, get excited to develop your own system and call plays, then Huff gets canned/resigns immediately.

Good Lord, "coaching isn't just about X's and O's"?
Do you realize that the G5 coaches HAVE to be about X's and O's because they can't afford to literally BUY a team?

Good Lord, "coaching isn't just about X's and O's"?
Do you realize that the G5 coaches HAVE to be about X's and O's because they can't afford to literally BUY a team?
Head coaches almost never call plays... Very few design plays... That's why you have to hire quality coordinators, as I said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT