ADVERTISEMENT

If we sanction India over Russian energy, shouldn't we sanction Europe?

AmeriKenny

Gold Buffalo
Feb 20, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I think it was herdman or someone who asked me about my take on India's stance on Russia. I'm not happy India isn't condemning Russia but regarding the energy imports, India is so poor that they desperately need the cheap energy from Russisa. In addition, where else is India going to get the high energy demand for it's second largest world population? India doesn't want to alienate Russia since Russia has been the primary source of arms historically.

I just came across this quote from an article:

India’s Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar repeated his nation’s previous calls for dialog and diplomacy, while minimizing the significance of its Russian energy purchases. “Our total purchases for the month might be less than what Europe does in an afternoon,” he told a reporter. “So you might want to think about it.”

Reactions: KyMUfan and Jartard
I think it was herdman or someone who asked me about my take on India's stance on Russia. I'm not happy India isn't condemning Russia but regarding the energy imports, India is so poor that they desperately need the cheap energy from Russisa. In addition, where else is India going to get the high energy demand for it's second largest world population? India doesn't want to alienate Russia since Russia has been the primary source of arms historically.

I just came across this quote from an article:

India’s Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar repeated his nation’s previous calls for dialog and diplomacy, while minimizing the significance of its Russian energy purchases. “Our total purchases for the month might be less than what Europe does in an afternoon,” he told a reporter. “So you might want to think about it.”
Absolutely yes.

“Our total purchases for the month might be less than what Europe does in an afternoon,” he told a reporter. “So you might want to think about it.”

The perspective so often gets lost in the translation, be it this, the federal budget, the number of illegal aliens, etc. People don't understand what the numbers actually mean, both high and low.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT