ADVERTISEMENT

Implications tonight

Aug 21, 2019
Cincy/UCLA tonight. That's a pretty big opener as far as I am concerned. You never know what teams will be important to us at the end of the year. Considering Cincy was 11-2 last year, a follow up good year for them would have to have the peeps start paying attention to them, thus considering it a good win for the Herd.

I will tune in to that game for sure tonight along with Clemson-Georgia Tech... UCLA should be better in year two under Chip Kelly. They return 19 starters including all of their offensive skill players. Should be a good game. I hope Cincy wins a close one so it looks better when we beat them in a month.

I will tune in to that game for sure tonight along with Clemson-Georgia Tech... UCLA should be better in year two under Chip Kelly. They return 19 starters including all of their offensive skill players. Should be a good game. I hope Cincy wins a close one so it looks better when we beat them in a month.

I also think UCLA is a suckers bet. With what you mentioned and the spread being -2.5 I think everyone jumps on UCLA thinking they know what they're doing and Cincy comes out and hits them in the mouth.

Cincy/UCLA tonight. That's a pretty big opener as far as I am concerned. You never know what teams will be important to us at the end of the year. Considering Cincy was 11-2 last year, a follow up good year for them would have to have the peeps start paying attention to them, thus considering it a good win for the Herd.
I expect UC to roll UCLA. They beat them last year in LA

I expect UC to roll UCLA. They beat them last year in LA

The trouble is you never know what you are getting with Cincy... Two years ago we went there and beat them like a middle school team, last year they went 11-2. It's kindof always been that way for UC, a good year or two then garbage for a couple, mediocre a couple, garbage again, etc., they are a hard program to figure out.

Reactions: ATOesMU
The trouble is you never know what you are getting with Cincy... Two years ago we went there and beat them like a middle school team, last year they went 11-2. It's kindof always been that way for UC, a good year or two then garbage for a couple, mediocre a couple, garbage again, etc., they are a hard program to figure out.

Yep- they are one of those Bipolar teams... see also: Marshall, LSU, Wisconsin

I think Cincy should win, but last year doesn't really justify anything. Chip's 2nd year is obviously more interesting than his first. I hope Cincy plays with a chip on their shoulder.

Thing is, since Fickell has been the head coach at UC their recruiting classes have ranked at or near the top of the AAC. Believe when we beat them there last they were basically playing with a team recruited by the prior coaching staff.

I thought UC looked very good. They out-gained UCLA by 200 yards and had the ball for 39 minutes.

They were clearly the better team.

Chip Kelly's run as a HC at any level of football could be coming to an end very quickly.

I agree. Cincy was clearly better. If Chip does well this season is looks bad for the Pac12. If he doesn't he might see the hot seat after year 2. He is like Rich Rod- the gimmick worked when it was new, and then as he moved forward everyone else figured it out.

Cincy’s defense looked strong and athletic, especially against that slow o-line of UCLA. Will be interesting to see how they do next week against tosu

I thought UC looked very good. They out-gained UCLA by 200 yards and had the ball for 39 minutes.

They were clearly the better team.

Chip Kelly's run as a HC at any level of football could be coming to an end very quickly.

Second half Cinci looked better than 1st half, hard to say at this point but the UC QB isn’t that sharp imo, and UCLA seemed like a 3-9,4-8 type team.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT