ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Bilas: 3 CUSA teams in top 68

All three have solid teams with size, physicality, and experience. Hope some make it - good for CUSA.

Considering the automatic bids that must be taken from lower leagues, the rankings predict CUSA as a one-bid league, with at least two teams in the NIT.

Considering the automatic bids that must be taken from lower leagues, the rankings predict CUSA as a one-bid league, with at least two teams in the NIT.

That is a very real possibility... I still think Middle could get an at-large bid if they were to lose in the CUSA title game. If they finish with 25 or more wins, a top 50 RPI and three wins over "major" conference teams they would at least have a shot, especially given their tournament performance the last two years.

Reactions: chuck1069
Wku has been very good but not last year or the year before. They have played ky and louisville well over the years. After back to back bad seasons they landed 2 5 star players. One of them didnt come but they have some very good new comers. That guard "Lee" cant think of his last name starts for the knicks. Seems some compare them to morehead and eastern ky. Morehead and eastern are decent. Morehead has had many teams better than marshall. Farried kid is an nba star. He plays for the nuggets

Well that was along time ago. I would hire him but then again I voted in a big blue nation poll to hire calipari but that turned out to be a great move instead of a horrible one. Pitino woukd have got ky into trouble. Cal has the best record of any coach since he came to Ky.

Well that was along time ago. I would hire him

I agree but it appears to still be a factor.

Davis "only" makes $600Kish/year, which is excellent for a mid-major but a drop in the bucket for a power conference school.

What else could be keeping him at MTSU? He went 129-54 from 2011-2016; played in five straight postseason tournaments and took out Sparty and Minnesota the past two years in the big dance.

Reactions: RhinoD
Its not... At least not at the top... The top 5-6 teams are all solid. The bad thing is that the bottom 7-8 teams are pretty awful.

Very good – MTSU, WKU
Good – Marshall, ODU, UAB
Average – FIU
Bad – So. Miss, UTSA, North Texas
Awful – Charlotte, FAU, Rice, La. Tech, UTEP

You are grading on a curve right there.

Its not... At least not at the top... The top 5-6 teams are all solid. The bad thing is that the bottom 7-8 teams are pretty awful.

Very good – MTSU, WKU
Average – FIU

Good that Charlotte is at the bottom. Sweeney said that the fans were not happy "going down" a notch to CUSA in basketball when they were joining. Turns out they just really suck.

Very good – MTSU, WKU
Average – FIU

By season's end LA Tech will end up even or a little better than the 3 "bad" teams on your list. Maybe another team or two will rise to "average", also.

calls himself the bilistrator, damn dude you are such a pud. go watch american pie again and see what an idiot the stifmister was (similar self named nickname). at least he did seem to push for a 16 team playoff.

calls himself the bilistrator, damn dude you are such a pud. go watch american pie again and see what an idiot the stifmister was (similar self named nickname). at least he did seem to push for a 16 team playoff.

Do you watch basketball? Dude might be a douchebag but he knows the game and played it at the highest level. Add in he is an attorney and an author and in doubt he qualifies as the stifmeister.....far from however a douchebag for sure

Good that Charlotte is at the bottom. Sweeney said that the fans were not happy "going down" a notch to CUSA in basketball when they were joining. Turns out they just really suck.

I just hope we can smart and boot them from the conference one day. They have been a horrible addition.

I just hope we can smart and boot them from the conference one day. They have been a horrible addition.

This will never happen... For many reasons, but primarily because they are good at the Olympic sports and they are a rapidly growing university (unlike us). Also they do have some pretty decent tradition in basketball, they just happen to be in a down cycle (think of MU football during Snyder). There are too many good high school basketball players in the Charlotte metro area for them to be "down" for too long. They need to make a good coaching hire after the season is over and reboot with some local NC/SC talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT