ADVERTISEMENT

JMU will roll this team.

JMU is the kind of game where they probably come out and win then turn around and lose to Coastal Carolina.
Totally agree. I expect Marshall will beat JMU. Because there is no rhyme nor reason to this team. I don’t understand how a team that can play with a solid P5 team on their own field turn around and look this bad at Ga State. I also have no idea what happened to our defense. I honestly thought our defense would allow fancher to get better as the year progressed and we would be able to win games because if then. Well fancher is getting better but we have to score 50 on offense because our defense has tanked. Super frustrating.

They are still better than Ga State

I would hope so, but other than Marshall, NC State has beaten VMI, a 1-5 Virginia and a 1-5 UConn

Our other big name win, VaTech appears to be a little better at 3-4 with wins over ODU, Pitt and Wake Forest.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Totally agree. I expect Marshall will beat JMU. Because there is no rhyme nor reason to this team. I don’t understand how a team that can play with a solid P5 team on their own field turn around and look this bad at Ga State. I also have no idea what happened to our defense. I honestly thought our defense would allow fancher to get better as the year progressed and we would be able to win games because if then. Well fancher is getting better but we have to score 50 on offense because our defense has tanked. Super frustrating.
We hired a DC that has no clue what he's doing. I tried to caution everyone about expecting the defense to just stay the course. Not only is he terrible at scheme and play calling we changed most of the secondary and only returned on LB who made a tackle last season who is now maybe lost for several games.

We have got to learn to stop buying into the hype.

We also have no true #1 WR either. There isn't one guy in that WR room that strikes fear in the hearts of the opposing DCs and DBs. You can see that with how defenses play up on us. Mr. All-World recruiter can't bring in one guy that can do that. Even Snyder had Darius Passmore.

I've been watching Marshall football for 35 years and Marshall had always had a DUDE at WR. For some reason that has been missing for the last several seasons.

We suck on D because Guidry went to Miami and Huff hired an unqualified person to take his place.
Yea I just don't get it. For someone like Huff that wants so badly to climb the coaching ranks he keeps surrounding himself with bad hires. You'd think he'd bring in coordinators with experience and could help him win big.

Has he made not coaching connections all the time he's been in the coaching ranks.

Guidry was risky(because of his past) but worked out, but other than that he kept Cramsey that was despised by the fanbase and badly underperformed here and then promotes an OC that has never called played before in Trickett. Now we get Seymore. STs have largely been a disaster as well.

No one on that sideline has any real experience to lean on. Bill Legg is seasoned Vet on the staff and that says it all.

We hired a DC that has no clue what he's doing. I tried to caution everyone about expecting the defense to just stay the course. Not only is he terrible at scheme and play calling we changed most of the secondary and only returned on LB who made a tackle last season who is now maybe lost for several games.

We also have no true #1 WR either. There isn't one guy in that WR room that strikes fear in the hearts of the opposing DCs and DBs. You can see that with how defenses play up on us. Mr. All-World recruiter can't bring in one guy that can do that. Even Snyder had Darius Passmore.

I've been watching Marshall football for 35 years and Marshall had always had a DUDE at WR. For some reason that has been missing for the last several seasons.
The loss of DC Guidry and Gammage was huge.

I follow their program closely. They are better coached in all 3 phases. Make no mistake they want nothing more than to embarrass us on national TV. They play with a chip on their shoulder. Their front 4 are the best at the G5 level and better than many P5 programs. I will be shocked if we keep it within three touchdowns. Hope I'm wrong...

JMU will beat us by 3 scores. They have a stud defense, especially their line. Fancher will have no time to throw and Ali will continue to get hit in the backfield.

Our defense is 2012 bad and it gets worse each week. There doesn’t seem to be any cohesive strategy. Break one tackle and it’s a TD.

It definitely looks like Huff ran into Rippon at the car dealership or wherever the hell Doc originally found him and begged him to come back.

To make matters far worse, we don't have a gun slinger like Cato to keep us in the game.

Is there anyway that we can pull the Covid card? Almost like we did in (2021) against Charlotte. This is the type of game that you want your significant other, family, and friends to stay home. Season is over folks. Go aggressive on the “Jam the Jack Campaign.” Gaps closed in (2023).

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Who cares? Not a championship team or coach. Huff was hired to excel the program not set us back. Please do not keep this fraud around.
But, but, but his resume pre-Marshall and number one recruiter at Alabama? Guess our expectations for CH were to high. Seems like he is on an OJT contract at our expense and now he’s not going anywhere.

The next HC here MUST have HC experience. Doc and Huff didn’t pan out as expected. Several FCS level HC’s that would do great here.

Reactions: mlblack16.
THIS.

Anybody who understands football knew what this team was in week one. And said so, and were childishly attacked for it. We bounce around for a few weeks against an easy schedule.

And then the cold douche of reality is applied.

Same as every year.

Reality is this is a bad football team. They are unskilled, undisciplined, and poorly coached. That is reality.

And it has been known for almost two months.

Now we have to move to what should be the subject for the rest of the year. Firing CH and who do we get in his place? Reality? They won't fire CH, and we are stuck with another year of this.

Next year, when you want to keyboard warrior on those of us who do not buy into the childish delusional hype, think twice, and understand that this is the CH limit, and no matter how they do against the I-AA and so on, and how much of a "moral victory" they have in their loss in Columbus, think twice, put the keyboard down, and LEARN how to be an adult fan.

Reactions: Russ Priddy
Anybody who understands football knew what this team was in week one.
Imagine a "fan" celebrating himself being off by 3 more wins than they predicted. And only showing up to the board immediately when the team loses a 2nd game. You're a bigger loser than the team and coaches at this point.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
No idea what this team is going to do on any given week... Lets recap what we've seen so far --

Barely hang on to beat FCS Albany at home
Play our best half of the season to come from behind at ECU
Solidly handle a bad VT team
Squeak one out against the worst team in our division ODU
Hang around but lose at NCSU
Totally implode against an average Georgia State team

We are average on offense
Bad on defense
Pathetic on Special Teams
Undisciplined and seemingly not well prepared

Seems like a bad/volitile combination.

No idea what this team is going to do on any given week... Lets recap what we've seen so far --

Barely hang on to beat FCS Albany at home
Play our best half of the season to come from behind at ECU
Solidly handle a bad VT team
Squeak one out against the worst team in our division ODU
Hang around but lose at NCSU
Totally implode against an average Georgia State team

We are average on offense
Bad on defense
Pathetic on Special Teams
Undisciplined and seemingly not well prepared

Seems like a bad/volitile combination.
I would just beg to differ on Georgia St. . They may not win the division, but sitting @ 5-1 after a 4-8 campaign last year is a pretty big turnaround…..their QB is talented, and their RB ate us up. Time will tell….

Our go to backup at QB is a transfer from Rice where he walked on! He can barely see over the OL. Not sure he even has a drivers license. Huff says we are a running team, with the OL we have thats not working well

Reactions: Jartard
Our go to backup at QB is a transfer from Rice where he walked on! He can barely see over the OL. Not sure he even has a drivers license. Huff says we are a running team, with the OL we have thats not working well
We have a defense built for the run game…as in having to run down RB’s in the open field.

Reactions: usaHERD
If anything, out Thursday against JMU. Be back in 2-weeks.

You obviously NEVER played anything but e-sports. WINNERS don’t like losing.
You obviously have not played….nobody that’s ever played anything doesn’t like losing….but it happens….but when it happens they don’t push away from the table and say we suck, I believed the hype, we’re done, don’t believe in my teammates or coaches…..

You do whatever you can do to make it better no matter how long it takes.

Reactions: Aaron Perkins
You obviously have not played….nobody that’s ever played anything doesn’t like losing….but it happens….but when it happens they don’t push away from the table and say we suck, I believed the hype, we’re done, don’t believe in my teammates or coaches…..

You do whatever you can do to make it better no matter how long it takes.
Have you watched this team? The defense has quit. Anyone that defends Perkins is a douche, so welcome to his club. I’m gonna have a migraine from reading your writing now, “nobody that’s ever played anything doesn’t like losing”.

Have you watched this team? The defense has quit. Anyone that defends Perkins is a douche, so welcome to his club. I’m gonna have a migraine from reading your writing now, “nobody that’s ever played anything doesn’t like losing”.
Yep, I’ve been to every game. I watched the Defense make some good halftime adjustments last night. It was obvious to see how things changed schematically as well as personnel packages due to some injuries. Certainly it’s a defense that hasn’t quit.

Not defending Perkins….but to say a team has quit which it obviously hasn’t is ridiculous. Just shows how it easy for people to be afraid of a loss….nor have dealt with one. Easy to say a team has quit, easy to say bought the hype, easy to say so and so sucks after a loss….afraid to be associated with it. Want no part of it when something doesn’t go a certain way.

The next HC here MUST have HC experience. Doc and Huff didn’t pan out as expected. Several FCS level HC’s that would do great here.
I want an FCS coach that has a track record of building and sustaining a program. OJT Coaches need to stop. No fired HCs either for that matter.

Yep, I’ve been to every game. I watched the Defense make some good halftime adjustments last night. It was obvious to see how things changed schematically as well as personnel packages due to some injuries. Certainly it’s a defense that hasn’t quit.

Not defending Perkins….but to say a team has quit which it obviously hasn’t is ridiculous. Just shows how it easy for people to be afraid of a loss….nor have dealt with one. Easy to say a team has quit, easy to say bought the hype, easy to say so and so sucks after a loss….afraid to be associated with it. Want no part of it when something doesn’t go a certain way.

I want to agree with you Cincy but that will put a big ole target on your back!!!

I want an FCS coach that has a track record of building and sustaining a program. OJT Coaches need to stop. No fired HCs either for that matter.

Goal posts continue to move!!!

This post is hilarious.

Someone in another thread said something along the lines of “we are no better than an 8-4 team”.

Oh darn. 8 wins just sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT