ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Brackets Has Marshall Dancing

Yeah, all in fun. At the one-bid league level, it is really just "who I think will win the league", but heck, algore had not yet invented the internet the last time any serious bracketoligist even mentioned us.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
well I will say this, we are in a position to win a title this year. Way early to make a prediction IMO.

Not that it matters but Lunardi has MTSU in, too.
Correct.

MTSU has a shot to get an at-large bid. They got respect from beating Michigan State last season. Unless they pick up some bad losses in CUSA, they could get an at-large bid if they don't win the CUSA tournament.

Reactions: 19MU88
Tonight and Saturday will be big in accomplishing that feat.

Nothing like going up against a former Marshall coach as in Dana Altman if it panned out as shown at this time.

Obviously this is one of a thousand seeding predictions that will come out prior to the actual pairings...nice to see us getting some recognition

Last edited:
If MT wins the regular season and loses to us in the tourney finals, they would get an at large no question. jmo.

Reactions: 19MU88
This guy obviously has little or no clue about how the Herd plays AWAY from the HC. Just as obviously, any CUSA team with 9 or more losses and who does not win the Conf. Tournament will NOT be in the Big Dance!!

Last edited:
This guy obviously has little or no clue about how the Herd plays AWAY from the HC. Just as obviously, any CUSA team with 9 or more losses and who does not win the Conf. Tournament will NOT be in the Big Dance!!
I agree Oldeherd. Either win at UAB or at home vs MTSU, and the Herd has a shot at an at large bid. A loss to both coupled with a loss to either in the CUSA tourney, and the Herd better plan on a pay to play tourney. The loss at Cincy looks more and more like the one that got away and will kill any at large bid.

Marshall has no shot at an NCAA at-large bid. None.

But MTSU does. And that's where two teams form the conference getting in comes into play.
no kidding, I can't believe the morons coming on this thread to explain what cusa teams won't get a bid. they totally miss what the guy is saying.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
No at large bid, loss to EKU and UTC assured that. NIT, maybe. If we want to dance, we gotta win this league. Now MTSU, could "possibly" get an at large if they only lose one or two more games BUT they can't be losses to the scrubs in this league.

Jeepers Creepers posted "MU should be favored in all its remaining games (with the possible exceptions of @UAB and MT at home)." Think positive!

Reactions: Jeepers Creepers
I agree Oldeherd. Either win at UAB or at home vs MTSU, and the Herd has a shot at an at large bid. A loss to both coupled with a loss to either in the CUSA tourney, and the Herd better plan on a pay to play tourney. The loss at Cincy looks more and more like the one that got away and will kill any at large bid.

Only other shot for significant post season play, dan, would be if the Herd won, or tied for, the CUSA regular season crown. While the tourney winner gets the automatic NCAA slot, its my understanding that the regular season winner in CUSA, if not going to the Dance, gets a slot in the NIT, no matter how many losses, or how bad their record is. Of course, to win the regular crown, one assumes that a team wins a vast majority of its 18 game conference schedule!!

While the tourney winner gets the automatic NCAA slot, its my understanding that the regular season winner in CUSA, if not going to the Dance, gets a slot in the NIT, no matter how many losses, or how bad their record is.
Yes, this is true. All regular season conference champions get a slot in the NIT if they don't make the NCAA tourney. I recall the NCAA made this rule when they took over control of the NIT tourney a few years ago.

Well Jeepers it's going to be very tough to win the rest of the games with the exceptions being those in the Henderson Center. Road woes continue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT