ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Bernthal in Huntington today

MStap

Silver Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2009
I saw actor Jon Bernthal, well know as Shane from the Walking Dead, was in town today. I saw on Instagram he was at Butter it Up and with HPD earlier today. Anyone know why?

I saw actor Jon Bernthal, well know as Shane from the Walking Dead, was in town today. I saw on Instagram he was at Butter it Up and with HPD earlier today. Anyone know why?

I saw him too, he said he couldn't wait to get out of Huntington, that it wasn't appealing nor a place he would ever want to work in or something.
Cause ya know, rich.

In all seriousness, he went to a few bars and everyone said he's a real nice guy.

I think he has family in Chesapeake.

I saw him too, he said he couldn't wait to get out of Huntington, that it wasn't appealing nor a place he would ever want to work in or something.
Must we look at the national rankings of Huntington and/or West Virginia for the major things that most people care about like health, happiness, education, crime, addiction, poverty rate, income, etc., then you can decide the appealing aspect of it?

Must we look at the national rankings of Huntington and/or West Virginia for the major things that most people care about like health, happiness, education, crime, addiction, poverty rate, income, etc., then you can decide the appealing aspect of it?
Nah, we'll just take your word for it bud.

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
He's in Huntington more often than you would think too. Some people I know said he was at The Union a few years ago, and he was out at Hanks last year.

We get it... you hate Huntington and WV.

MV5BMTYwMDk4MjY4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIyNTY4MjE@._V1_.jpg

How is Butter It Up?

A couple years ago I had a Senior VP at one of the largest US banks fly up from Charlotte to see me. You know, rich, connected and important.

We had spent so much time talking about the multi-million dollar deals I was involved in that we only had time for a quick lunch.

We therefore ate at Butter It Up. The guy was blown away by how good it was. He said multiple times he wished Charlotte had a restaurant similar to that.

Does that make Charlotte worse than Huntington???

• Haha
Reactions: MUMAN3419

Were you educated in WV? It appears you don't quite understand what a run-on sentence is and how to avoid one...

Reactions: 19MU88
Nah, we'll just take your word for it bud.
You should do that more often. You’d appear smarter.

We get it... you hate Huntington and WV.
Don’t mistake pity for hate.

Were you educated in WV? It appears you don't quite understand what a run-on sentence is and how to avoid one...
It’s not a run-on. Once again, you’re trying too hard. But your incorrect format of an ellipsis is a legitimate error.

Don’t mistake pity for hate.

Pity is sympathetic sorrow for one suffering, distressed, or unhappy.
Hate is intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury.

You constantly berate, degrade, and are antagonistic toward Huntington/WV. It is without question intense hostility and not sympathetic sorrow. I'm sorry for whatever we did to make you hate us so much.

Just read an article on Tuesday stating San Fran is now rated the worst city in the country on how it's run, cost of living, homelessness, drugs and downtown economic downturn.

Just read an article on Tuesday stating San Fran is now rated the worst city in the country on how it's run, cost of living, homelessness, drugs and downtown economic downturn.

Trump's fault...

Oh, you want to just discuss San Francisco?

Fine. Your own article shows that property crime was 20% higher in San Francisco under Trump in 2017 - 2019 fro those months compared with the same months in 2022.

Violent crime was also about 20% higher in San Fran for those months in the Trump years compared to what it is now.

Do you ever think before posting? You posted a source which shows that crime in Trump was substantially higher in San Fran than it is now, yet you want to blame Democrats for the crime rate being lower than it was than during Trump's years.

You're really trying to blame the Democrats' strategy even though it's 20%+ better than compared with Trump's years. Brilliant.

Meanwhile the last Republican mayor of San Francisco was elected over 60 years ago. But yeah, it's Trump's fault...

Someone's posts never seem to age well...

George Christopher (born George Christopheles; December 8, 1907 – September 14, 2000) was a Greek-American politician who served as the 34th mayor of San Francisco from 1956 to 1964. He is the most recent Republican to be elected mayor of San Francisco.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Hate is intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury.

You constantly berate, degrade, and are antagonistic toward Huntington/WV. It is without question intense hostility and not sympathetic sorrow. I'm sorry for whatever we did to make you hate us so much.
good catch. proves his ignorance and lying all in one short post. well done MStap.

It's not worth your time.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
A couple years ago I had a Senior VP at one of the largest US banks fly up from Charlotte to see me. You know, rich, connected and important.

We had spent so much time talking about the multi-million dollar deals I was involved in that we only had time for a quick lunch.

We therefore ate at Butter It Up. The guy was blown away by how good it was. He said multiple times he wished Charlotte had a restaurant similar to that.

Does that make Charlotte worse than Huntington???
I was in the same situation once, only we had Nawab. He, the CEO of the a HUGE corporation, was blown away by the wonderful tastes and smells of Nawab. he wished that the big city he called home had a Nawab near his penthouse office.. such fun rubbing elbows with uppers..

Sincerely
Fellow Fisherman

I was in the same situation once, only we had Nawab. He, the CEO of the a HUGE corporation, was blown away by the wonderful tastes and smells of Nawab. he wished that the big city he called home had a Nawab near his penthouse office.. such fun rubbing elbows with uppers..

Sincerely
Fellow Fisherman

That city wasn't San Francisco was it???😅

One can sympathize yet still be honest about the shittiness of the subject. I sympathize with all of you poor, fat, unhappy, undereducated, unhealthy, West Virginians, but my honest description doesn't mean I hate you.

There was a line by John Lithgow in Terms of Endearment that is timeless and appropriate at this time.

"You must be from New York then...".

The end quotation should go outside of the period even when an ellipsis is used. Lifelong West Virginia education?

I'm guessing that was based on cities of a certain minimum size which would exclude small shitholes like Huntington.

yet lurks around a marshall message board to impress Huntington losers. pathetic.
Even this guy is admitting that you're losers.

The end quotation should go outside of the period even when an ellipsis is used.

Not necessarily. Remember absolutes that I keep warning you about? But then I doubt you'd know that. So let me combine the two sentences into one.

"You must be from New York then..."(John Lithgow - Terms of Endearment).

This (and you) reminds me of another New York comment I have heard.

I once asked some New Yorkers "Where y'all from?".

One replied "Where we come from we don't answer questions that end with a preposition".

My reply? Let me rephrase my question then, "Where y'all from, a$$hole$?".

Lifelong West Virginia education?

Silly you. I've told you no to that on multiple occasions. Can't you remember anything?

Actually when trendy liberals such as yourself tried to abandon the traditional methods of education in the 1970s in favor of such things as phonics and new math (that must be why you have such a problem with simple math) I was instead exposed to traditional teaching including an emphasis on King's English. King's English emphasized placing periods OUTSIDE of quotation marks instead of the more recent American trend of inside. Old habits are hard to break.

Interestingly I was taught during this time that the use of "ain't" is actually proper in certain circumstances. However I have tried to shy away from the use of that word. However I will use it in this instance, "You ain't near as smart as you think you are...".

Reactions: Marc22
Not necessarily. Remember absolutes that I keep warning you about? But then I doubt you'd know that. So let me combine the two sentences into one.

I once asked some New Yorkers "Where y'all from?".

One replied "Where we come from we don't answer questions that end with a preposition".

My reply? Let me rephrase my question then, "Where y'all from, a$$hole$?".

This is unbelievably embarrassing for you.

All three of your examples are wrong. You don't put both a question mark and a period, moron (which applies to the first and last examples you failed). The second one is also wrong. The end quotation mark goes outside of the period in that example.

This is unbelievably embarrassing for you.

All three of your examples are wrong. You don't put both a question mark and a period, moron (which applies to the first and last examples you failed). The second one is also wrong. The end quotation mark goes outside of the period in that example.

Substance over style.

When all you have to debate is grammar you've already lost...

When did you learn this? I've only been doing this for as long as I can remember. What took you so long to point this out?

Keep trying...

Meanwhile who is Maryanne?

Speaking of losing how many of these apply??? If we were talking baseball that percentage would get you in the Hall of Fame...

For the sake of brevity I'll just post the obvious ones...

1.​

"Pointing out a small discrepancy in an otherwise factual statement and pretending that invalidates their whole argument. 'I saw you get in a blue car and drive off with your secret lover when you said you were going for a walk.' 'You're completely wrong. It was a blue SUV, and I did go for a walk after.'" — jiyida8112

2.​

"As soon as someone shifts the goalposts. It is important to be able to identify this. It is also important to know the difference between this and someone wording their initial argument poorly. ... But in general shifting goalposts means that they were losing an argument because of a unstable basis, so they'll shift their previously dogmatic basis to something more broad or they'll change their entire opinion midway through a conversation. The way to combat it is simply to always keep in mind the original intent of the conversation. Know what the initial claims were and move on from there always keeping those in mind." — Sovreign_grounds

4.​

"You spelled 'x' the wrong way." — GustavoAlex7789

"Any personal insult. As soon as you comment on the person and not the topic, you've lost." — Aunt_Anne

10.​

"Saying something completely irrelevant to the argument that they found on your post/comment history." — PM_ME_UR_FEET_69

11.​

"'Oh yeah? Well, I know someone else who thought that way. Adolf Hitler!'" — hawt_pawket
pixel.png
(Substitute Trump for Hitler)

12.​

"Do your research." — Orenge01

15.​

"Bringing up an entirely different topic. Whataboutism as they say." — TDeath21

16.​

"When they start projecting. For example, they start accusing you of something that they're doing - like being bigoted. Or they start threatening to report or block you even though they're in the wrong." — HyperDogOwner458

One can sympathize yet still be honest about the shittiness of the subject. I sympathize with all of you poor, fat, unhappy, undereducated, unhealthy, West Virginians, but my honest description doesn't mean I hate you.

I don’t think there is anyone on this site that believes you show an ounce of sympathy toward Huntington/WV. Constant bashing and degrading vitriol doesn’t lend itself to coming off as sympathetic.

And please don’t apply your bigotry towards me. I’m healthy and more on the skinny side (getting ready for my morning workout after checking this site and a couple of others). I have a post graduate degree that allows me to earn a great income. I could move to your neighborhood in SoCal tomorrow if I wanted, but that just doesn’t appeal to me at all. I’m happy as can be right here in Huntington.

But, in the end: We continue to feed him. Starvation of attention would be the surest, most uncomfortable way to diffuse these Rifle bombs. I put him on ignore. Best move, ever!
WS
“Rifle is an @sshole!”.
Rifle “.is” an @sshol.e !
“Rifle” is “a” @sshole. “!
Gee, is it “a” @sshole, or “an” @asshole?!!

Last edited:

The end quotation should go outside of the period even when an ellipsis is used. Lifelong West Virginia education?

I'm guessing that was based on cities of a certain minimum size which would exclude small shitholes like Huntington.

Even this guy is admitting that you're losers.
Actually, no. It was from Forbes I believe. It actually included cities such as Gary, In, Trenton, NJ and Charley West.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT