ADVERTISEMENT

Juneteenth!!!!

But yeah, continue with your snarky, one-sided strawman rebuttals while the government behemoth, that I thought libertarians want to restrain, continues to grow...
Are you sure you want to comment on the logic of replies? The quote I responded to claimed Juneteenth has damn near taken over Father's Day. Father's Day is not a federal holiday, and thus my reply has nothing to do with federal holidays, how much they cost, etc. The discussion is about an allegation that one celebration has almost overcome another in sociocultural importance, which is such hogwash that it demands a smartass reply.

Much like Herdman bitching about Kwanzaa when in reality only a small percentage (2.9%, says Google) gives a fvck about it, while 93% of Americans celebrate Christmas. bUt KwAnZaA iS tAkInG oVeR!

Are you sure you want to comment on the logic of replies? The quote I responded to claimed Juneteenth has damn near taken over Father's Day. Father's Day is not a federal holiday, and thus my reply has nothing to do with federal holidays, how much they cost, etc. The discussion is about an allegation that one celebration has almost overcome another in sociocultural importance, which is such hogwash that it demands a smartass reply.

Much like Herdman bitching about Kwanzaa when in reality only a small percentage (2.9%, says Google) gives a fvck about it, while 93% of Americans celebrate Christmas. bUt KwAnZaA iS tAkInG oVeR!
Just wait, one day the libs will want to replace Independence Day with Juneteenth. Juneteenth is just made up shit anyway. How many blacks ever celebrated it?

Are you sure you want to comment on the logic of replies? The quote I responded to claimed Juneteenth has damn near taken over Father's Day.

Your "logic" is always just a bit slanted...

I believe the quote you responded to was hyperbole to illustrate Juneteenth, like Kwanzaa, is yet another feel-good holiday to pander to a voting block. People use hyperbole to illustrate the absurdity of the situation, but since you have no sense of humor and see everything literally, it's lost on you.

I've tried to help you. Remember, watch the Asian comedian!!!

The discussion is about an allegation that one celebration has almost overcome another in sociocultural importance, which is such hogwash that it demands a smartass reply.

Again you narrow in and miss the bigger picture which is the title of the thread and thus the topic of discussion - Juneteenth. It is a new federal holiday that by some estimates costs the US taxpayers, of which I am one, $600 - $800 million per year.

I thought this cost might offend your libertarian sensibilities but it looks like your liberal side has taken over, yet again...

It is a new federal holiday that by some estimates costs the US taxpayers, of which I am one, $600 - $800 million per year.
Your orange jesus tax cut would pay for one thousand eight hundred seventy-five federal holidays. That's 170 years worth of federal holidays. Like I said, you only think the expense is too much when you disagree with the reason for spending.

Your orange jesus tax cut would pay for one thousand eight hundred seventy-five federal holidays. That's 170 years worth of federal holidays. Like I said, you only think the expense is too much when you disagree with the reason for spending.

Check your math. Like your typical "thinking", your math is fuzzy...

And neither is Hanukkah. I don't think anyone here said it was in spite of your posts.

HandH chastised anyone having problems with the latest paid federal holiday by using St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo (which is actually a Mexican holiday) as arguments, neither of which are paid federal holidays. Give it to him for using bad examples instead of the guy who pointed that out...
I do not believe anyone has mentioned Hanukkah.

I do not believe anyone has mentioned Hanukkah.

I did. So what? HandH mentioned a couple non-federal holidays first. Take it up with him.

HandH chastised anyone having problems with the latest paid federal holiday by using St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo (which is actually a Mexican holiday) as arguments, neither of which are paid federal holidays. Give it to him for using bad examples instead of the guy who pointed that out...

Maybe we should cut back on government employees

Maybe we should cut back on government employees
Ok. Let's start with the border patrol. If that's not enough we can then terminate DEA employees. If still not enough we can then eradicate employment in the US Dept of Treasury starting with those who have oversight of the financial markets (that way the markets can take all your pensions and do what they want with them). You with me ??

You lying idiot trumptard.

Ok. Let's start with the border patrol. If that's not enough we can then terminate DEA employees. If still not enough we can then eradicate employment in the US Dept of Treasury starting with those who have oversight of the financial markets (that way the markets can take all your pensions and do what they want with them). You with me ??

Border patrol is already under funded and under staffed.
Ahhh yes. “Pensions”. Something your former employees wished they had….

Moron

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT