ADVERTISEMENT

Just met and hired some conservative Californians from Orange County.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Needed some work done around the house, not changing a shower head. The guys came out to give me an estimate. Ends up they are from Orange County, California. Moved to the area a year ago? Why? To escape California. The man told me his family had been in California for over 100 years. But, the state is being ruined. Ended up talking to him and his son for an hour. Hired them. Mrs herdman got tired of me talking and went to the porch. They told me about the homeless camps and what has happened to their state.

I told them we can't let that happen here. They said they have already heard that it happening here and it concerns them.

Conservative Californians do exist. They were even into guns and stuff.

rifle, they may from you area or maybe even a richer area with better landscaping. I doubt it though. I think you live in the fancy place where the rappers live.

• Love
Reactions: WV-FAN
They told me about the homeless camps
Even in the very worst parts of Orange County, there isn't a homeless camp.

rifle, they may from you area or maybe even a richer area with better landscaping. I doubt it though. I think you live in the fancy place where the rappers live.
No rappers here. Warren G and Mario used to live in the next "town" (it's not even a town) a couple of miles away. I just have MLB players, Real Housewives, actors, a famous NBA trainer, and kid-models.

No rappers here. Warren G and Mario used to live in the next "town" (it's not even a town) a couple of miles away. I just have MLB players, Real Housewives, actors, a famous NBA trainer, and kid-models.
Ok R Kelly

Don't know where they were talking about the homeless camps. One place was in LA maybe near the airport. They still own a business in Orange County. They told me not to fly into LAX if I come to visit you.

They told me not to fly into LAX if I come to visit you.
After I graduated from grad school, I flew into LAX on my only trip to California. Some middle age lady came over to me while I was waiting for my luggage and told me she was my biggest fan. She asked if I would shake her little boy’s hand and I did. Not sure who they thought I was, but I should have tried to get a free lunch out if it.

Don't know where they were talking about the homeless camps. Maybe LA.
Just like any major city, there are homeless encampments, big and small, in Los Angeles. That isn't exclusive to Los Angeles or California cities. Sometimes I wonder if any of you deplorables actually leave Mayberry for more than a day at a time.

They told me not to fly into LAX if I come to visit you.
Rideshares can't pick you up at the terminal. You either have to take a shuttle or walk, sometimes more than a mile, to where Uber/Lyft can get passengers. Traffic getting in/out is hit-or-miss. I don't like LAX for those reasons, plus they don't have lounges for me unless I am flying international. They do have a select, very exclusive private lounge that will drive you to the tarmac in a Porsche and get you on the plane after it has been loaded with passengers, but you're paying a lot for it.

By far, John Wayne/SNA is the one to use. I can park, get through security, and get to my gate within seven minutes. It doesn't have a Centurion nor Chase Sapphire lounge, but it's my home airport, so I don't need it to. It's very easy to access and has all major airlines with tons of flights. The only downside is that they have limited hours compared to most major airports since the wealthy residents have successfully sued to limit their hours so that they don't have to listen to jet noise all night.

This is getting so tiresome...

From 2017

The encampments along the Santa Ana River Trail in has become the focal point for the fight over homelessness in Orange County.

Some 400 homeless people have set up tents along a 2-mile stretch of the Santa Ana River near Angel Stadium, with perhaps hundreds more living along other sections.

From June 2024

Orange County Supervisor Don Wagner, who also chairs the board, praised the decision on Friday morning, noting that it gives elected officials “the responsibility … and obligation to deal with homelessness.”

Reactions: 19MU88
This is getting so tiresome...
I said in the worst areas there aren't encampments. Anaheim ain't great, but it is far from the worst parts of Orange County.

Anaheim also borders one county on the east and is a mile or two from yet another county on the north. It's not real Orange County. It's also 33 miles from me which is a world of difference.

Rideshares can't pick you up at the terminal. You either have to take a shuttle or walk, sometimes more than a mile, to where Uber/Lyft can get passengers. Traffic getting in/out is hit-or-miss. I don't like LAX for those reasons, plus they don't have lounges for me
Sounds like a shitty airport in a shitty state.

I said in the worst areas there aren't encampments.
No. You said,
The clear implication being there weren't any homeless camps in Orange County, which was shown to be a clear lie - you know, one of those things you claim to hate Trump for doing.

No. You said,

The clear implication being there weren't any homeless camps in Orange County, which was shown to be a clear lie - you know, one of those things you claim to hate Trump for doing.

What I said is accurate. Even in the worst parts of the county, there are no homeless camps. If I intended to communicate what you said and/or perceived, I would have just said there are no camps in the entire county, which would have been fewer words. But I didn't, because I am too intelligent to pigeonhole myself like that without having been in every square foot of the county.

I win. You lose. It's why you're Tier Three.

Must be something about New York liberals...

fonzie-effusion21-612x265.jpg

What I said is accurate. Even in the worst parts of the county, there are no homeless camps. If I intended to communicate what you said and/or perceived, I would have just said there are no camps in the entire county, which would have been fewer words. But I didn't, because I am too intelligent to pigeonhole myself like that without having been in every square foot of the county.

Brian Kemp GIF by GIPHY News

Jeez, that’s the worst attempt you have ever made. As the board’s grammar Nazi, you know you’re wrong.

I just wish it was in your personality to be honest and take the L. It would be so much more respectable.

Jeez, that’s the worst attempt you have ever made. As the board’s grammar Nazi, you know you’re wrong.

I just wish it was in your personality to be honest and take the L. It would be so much more respectable.
What I said is completely accurate. If this were a contract, I would be fulfilling it based on the wording.

I’m sorry that my mastery of the English language allows me to always dance free.

Dance free implies, rather explicitly, that you know you’re wrong. An innocent person doesn’t have to try and dance free.

That’s as close as you’ll ever come to taking responsibility for being wrong, so thanks.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Dance free implies, rather explicitly, that you know you’re wrong.
No, it doesn't. The phrase is used when the accused has animosity and is then dancing free of the charge. It neither implies guilt nor innocence.

I like.my new California friends. They are conservative. Like guns. Deer hunt. Fish. Republican.

Hate what has happened to California.

rifle, get the hell out while you can.

I like.my new California friends. They are conservative. Like guns. Deer hunt. Fish. Republican.

Hate what has happened to California.

rifle, get the hell out while you can.
Orange County is historically a Republican stronghold in California. Your friends didn’t move due to politics or anything going downhill. They left because they can’t afford it due to wealthier people pricing them out due to wanting to live in natural beauty, the best weather, cleanliness, beautiful people, the ocean, the mountains, close to two major cities, etc.

Orange County is historically a Republican stronghold in California. Your friends didn’t move due to politics or anything going downhill. They left because they can’t afford it due to wealthier people pricing them out due to wanting to live in natural beauty, the best weather, cleanliness, beautiful people, the ocean, the mountains, close to two major cities, etc.
They still have a business there and a home there. So, they can afford it. They are native Californians. Their family graces back 100 plus years in California. They can afford it. They left to get out if California.

They still have a business there and a home there. So, they can afford it. They are native Californians. Their family graces back 100 plus years in California. They can afford it. They left to get out if California.
No, they can't. If they could afford it, they'd live in Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Ladera Ranch, Rancho Mission Viejo, Coto de Caza, or one of the countless other areas in a huge county where the biggest issues are sand getting in between your toes after you walk out of the water and tweens riding carelessly no e-bikes.

But they can't afford to live in one of those places.

No, they can't. If they could afford it, they'd live in Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Ladera Ranch, Rancho Mission Viejo, Coto de Caza, or one of the countless other areas in a huge county where the biggest issues are sand getting in between your toes after you walk out of the water and tweens riding carelessly no e-bikes.

But they can't afford to live in one of those places.
Hhhahaa. If they have been there for 100 plus years and have had a business there since the 60s , they can afford it..

rifle. what's the point of the beautiful beaches if the water is always 55 degrees?

rifle. what's the point of the beautiful beaches if the water is always 55 degrees?
Ask everybody who spends millions for a view of water. Water isn't just intended to swim in.

Come check out the bikinis in Laguna Beach and then tell me what the point of water is if you can't swim in it.

Come take a ninety minute jet-ski ride to Catalina Island, try keeping track of the number of dolphins you see, and then tell me what the point of water is if you can't swim in it.

Ask everybody who spends millions for a view of water. Water isn't just intended to swim in.

Come check out the bikinis in Laguna Beach and then tell me what the point of water is if you can't swim in it.

Come take a ninety minute jet-ski ride to Catalina Island, try keeping track of the number of dolphins you see, and then tell me what the point of water is if you can't swim in it.
75 degrees at Laguna Beach right now...that's chilly for Beach weather. So when people go to beach there, they just sit on the beach? My better half recently went to Newport Beach.

75 degrees at Laguna Beach right now..
In the sun, it's very warm even with a breeze. It's what I said on here a couple of weeks ago: I can walk in shorts and a jersey in the middle of the day at 83 degrees, and it is just as comfortable as walking at 9 p.m. in 70 degrees. The weather here is almost always perfect.

Last night, I sat in an amphitheatre in shorts and a t-shirt. It got down to 68 degrees, and I was perfect. No chill.

Usually, outside of California, 68 degrees is chilly to me where I'd either want pants or a long sleeve t-shirt, especially with the sun not being out.

they just sit on the beach?
They get in the water. Just like with your political news, wherever you're getting 55 degrees from is inaccurate. That's really cold water. The water temp is nearly 72 in Laguna Beach today:

My better half recently went to Newport Beach.
Should have told me. I would have taken really, really good care of her.

And I could have given her some really good, casual lunch spots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT