ADVERTISEMENT

Kelley Ford All-134 Preseason Rankings...

RhinoD

Gold Buffalo
Mar 7, 2007
The Kelley Ford preseason rankings are out for this year... Here is where he has the teams in the SBC.

52. James Madison
57. App State
62. Troy
73. Louisiana
81. South Alabama
83. Coastal Carolina
88. Texas State
94. Marshall
97. Arkansas State
98. Georgia State
99. Georgia Southern
110. Old Dominion
117. Southern Miss
133. Louisiana Monroe

Here are the top 10...
1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. Alabama
5. Texas
6. Penn State
7. Michigan
8. LSU
9. Notre Dame
10. Ole Miss

Not surprising. Bad team, better record than reality due to schedule, "unacceptable" but accepted, lather, rinse, repeat.

But we saved $400000!!!!!!!!!

After we play a few games, we might fall out of that elite group.
That's my question for this upcoming season... If we start 2-4, which is a real possibility looking at our first six games, what will the rest of the year look like?

Stony Brook - W
VT - L
Ohio State - L
Western Michigan - tossup
App State - L
Georgia Southern - tossup

Reactions: ohio herd
Could be a toss up this season. Maybe we can buy a few quality players during the Labor Day Discount Sale who will help us out.

Reactions: RhinoD
If Griffis isn't coming, we'll be lucky to win 4 games. DFCON is a 4
I'm not even sure he was any better than what we have/had anyways and that's not me being sour about it. He had just as many sub 100 yard passing games as Fancher and the clips I've seen the announcers sounded surprised he was playing well because they said he struggled with seeing the field.

Our program is at a very low point right now where we're depending on subpar defectors from other teams to bail us out. Our staff can't get quality players of their own.

I sure hope that Cole takes a big step forward this off season.

I'm not even sure he was any better than what we have/had anyways and that's not me being sour about it. He had just as many sub 100 yard passing games as Fancher and the clips I've seen the announcers sounded surprised he was playing well because they said he struggled with seeing the field.

Our program is at a very low point right now where we're depending on subpar defectors from other teams to bail us out. Our staff can't get quality players of their own.

I sure hope that Cole takes a big step forward this off season.
I didn't get season tix due to tons of business travel this fall. Now glad I didn't. I'll go when I can.

I didn't get season tix due to tons of business travel this fall. Now glad I didn't. I'll go when I can.
I am regretting getting them to be honest. For the first time ever I have absolutely no aspirations for this season.

I fear with the NIL and the Portal we're going to struggle mightily getting out of this hole. I think that in order for G5s and programs with limited financial resources to have broken through would have had to enter this deal with momentum and a brand. Right now we are at the bottom half of the SBC. There aren't a lot of quality players and investors looking to join.

Just look at MBB. We're signing D-III and NAIA players. I don't care that some D-III player panned out at Michigan or wherever. You mean to tell me we can't get D-I transfers?

The reality is that it's not the wash that some claimed that while the P5 takes ours and we get theirs that fall through. The allure of money and player egos have players going in the portal that have nowhere to go and players that stay in the portal because they think they're above programs like us and command more money than they actually do.

This is why two years ago(I haven't see last year's) nearly 80% of portal entrants didn't find new teams.

DWell at least we made the top 100 ! Lol
Even better, we "cracked" the Top TEN in the SBC at Number 8!

"We're NUMBER 8"! "We're NUMBER 8"! That should be the "theme" for Athletic Department's Football ticket sales campaign when it cranks up later on this summer!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio herd
I believe it was discussed on a message board forum where the administrators enforce rules and ban obnoxious trolls. You can't access it.
I posted in that thread, moron. Clearly, as you can see from here, I am a rules follower. One of that board's rules is to not take info from there and put on the free board like was done in this thread. But unlike @MichiganHerd and @i am herdman , I am not a narc, so I didn't want to blatantly call out the rule-breakers in this thread.

I shaved my sack last night. Sorry if I nicked your lips while doing so.

I posted in that thread, moron. Clearly, as you can see from here, I am a rules follower. One of that board's rules is to not take info from there and put on the free board like was done in this thread. But unlike @MichiganHerd and @i am herdman , I am not a narc, so I didn't want to blatantly call out the rule-breakers in this thread.

I shaved my sack last night. Sorry if I nicked your lips while doing so.
There you go again calling names and assuming you know when you don't. I guess when in Rome do as the Romans do. So I'll lower myself to your level briefly.

Moron, I was talking about a discussion on herdfans....you know another message board where mods enforce rules. You yourself have recently questioned rule enforcement here and you have access to the boards here. Do you have the ability to think and reason? Why would it be a nation board? your trolling clown @ss was booted from herdfans. How stupid are you? I wasn't talking about a thread here you idiot.

Last edited:
There you go again calling names and assuming you know when you don't. I guess when in Rome do as the Romans do. So I'll lower myself to your level briefly.

Moron, I was talking about a discussion on herdfans....you know another message board where mods enforce rules. You yourself have recently questioned rule enforcement here and you have access to the boards here. Do you have the ability to think and reason? Why would it be a nation board? your trolling clown @ss was booted from herdfans. How stupid are you? I wasn't talking about a thread here you idiot.
So you were taking a jab at the moderation/moderator of this board while promoting HerdFans? Here's an idea: Post over there and stay away from here. You'll probably get more than just me to interact with you on that board, since everybody ignores you on here, which leads to you chasing me around.

So you were taking a jab at the moderation/moderator of this board while promoting HerdFans? Here's an idea: Post over there and stay away from here. You'll probably get more than just me to interact with you on that board, since everybody ignores you on here, which leads to you chasing me around.
Yeah something like that troll. You can't continuously start threads seeking attention then claim to be followed around. Most of your spam is ignored moron.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I've been watching Marshall football 25 years now, and I can't think of a season where we had more question marks than this year.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I have been watching Marshall football 60 yrs and see players come & go and never compete in spring practice let alone ina game this year,

I've been watching Marshall football 25 years now, and I can't think of a season where we had more question marks than this year.
@RhinoD I've been watching for 52 years and have never seen anything like this. Outside a handful of players I have no idea who might play and if i think they are talented or not.

I don’t remember a year where I have had less interest in college football. I don’t even have much desire to watch Marshall this year.

Seems college ball is all about money now and we don’t have much of it. It is a Nieman-Marcus world and we can barely afford to shop at Family Dollar.

Seems college ball is all about money now and we don’t have much of it. It is a Nieman-Marcus world and we can barely afford to shop at Family Dollar.
This is my early nominee for quote of the year... I just about spit out my coffee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT