ADVERTISEMENT

Kendall Gant

This seems to happen an awful lot around here the last couple years...

Why? Did he just wake up and say I'm done with this shit? Or was it he couldn't handle the fact of losing his job to Drayton? When he is 38 with a mortgage, wife, and children he will regret this decision. I'm not sure what's worse, AJ Legette or his replacement Kendall Gant.

I don't get it either. Why not suck it up for this season and then transfer. He can't go anywhere this late into the semester I wouldn't think.

Still makes me question what the crap is going on. How do so many players leave?

When you go back and listen to Coach Doc's presser, he mentions adversity. How some players like to run and hide.

Supposedly he was upset about not starting and his attitude had landed him on the coaches shit list... Apparently he wasnt aware that DBs get hurt all the time and that he was going to get a chance to play at some point... Instead he has just wasted a year of eligibilty and hurt the teams depth on defense.

Wow man, when your 23-24 years old, your really not thinking about if my brother goes down and team depth, that really speaks of this young man's mentality if true. Hopefully for his football playing future, Mr. Gant reconsiders. Off the football field, I hope he's on track to completes his degree.

Obviously Doc needs to evaluate kids better and find kids who truly want to work and appreciate the opportunity to play football and get a free ride.

I think part of the allure of coming to Marshall is that you can get the opportunity to start vs bigger schools where you'll ride the pine with no guarantee of every starting. I would hope Doc spells out the "ifs" when talking to recruits, so they don't get sold exclusively on the notion they will immediately see the field. Or perhaps he does, but all they hear is, "you'll get to be a starter."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT