ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to the American credit system

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
My closest neighbor obtained one of those rent to own garage sheds. The kind that looks like it was built by a high school shop class and falls apart in about five years. I loathe looking at the thing when I drive down my street.

Early this morning, there was a large truck hauling away the shed. I assume he fell behind in the payments. One last feeling of satisfaction was watching part of the shed roof peel away when it hit a low hanging branch as it disappeared down the road.

I buy the plastic sheds for outdoor storage. You can get ones that look nice and those things last forever if you don’t place them somewhere stupid.

Rent to own shed …I didn’t even know that was a thing.

The American consumer is quite the powerhouse.

Yep. Expensive, low quality American workmanship. For about $6000, you too can have a substandard structure for only $125 a month. Laughable.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Ours is homemade. The last owner built it. He's the kind that can do stuff but in that country way where a corner or two gets cut. I've spent the last year fixing some small mistakes and a couple of real WTF ones.

That said, the shed seems well built, it takes 70 mph gusts like a champ. I guess that's all I can ask for.

Reactions: greengeezer
Everyone in this area has out buildings. Storage for mowers, tools and such. I like to build my own and make them look like Hansel and Gretel houses.

That looks great. I have a detached garage but with my gym equipment and mower in there I can't get a car in there. I could use a little building like that to keep mower and garden and pool supplies.

Geezer, those are great! Impressed that you build those. You need to start building tiny houses on wheels and selling them. Even if just one per year, I bet you could profit $30k on each.

That looks great. I have a detached garage but with my gym equipment and mower in there I can't get a car in there.
I sold one of my cars via Facebook Marketplace yesterday (an entirely different story about how many morons are in this world). Now, I have a ton of extra space in my garage that I don't know what to do with, as I keep one of the other two cars parked outside.

Fairly nice,
It's better than "fairly nice," you fvcking moron. I bet his sheds don't have a sidewalk that stops in the middle of them.

that's bigger than RA2's condo in SLC.
That loft is probably the best investment I have ever made (percentage wise). I should have bought three others in that development.

Yeah. Tore up my stream wall and tossed 20 pound blocks like they were children’s toys. Took months to build it.
Those stones in the top picture, to the left appear to be the elusive landscaping blocks I've been trying to find. I only need four of them, but Lowes didn't have them. Where did you buy those?

Those stones in the top picture, to the left appear to be the elusive landscaping blocks I've been trying to find. I only need four of them, but Lowes didn't have them. Where did you buy those?
Unfortunately, I believe I got them at Lowe’s. I believe I have a few extra and would mail them to you, but for what the postage would cost, you could hire stone masons to do the whole job.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I believe I got them at Lowe’s. I believe I have a few extra and would mail them to you, but for what the postage would cost, you could hire stone masons to do the whole job.
Four years ago, shipping those blocks up to me would be a decent idea, but with the soaring gas prices, increased rates, and inflation gone wild, I'll probably just have to find some 12 inch boulders and chip out my own blocks. Would likely look better too.

Reactions: greengeezer
Four years ago, shipping those blocks up to me would be a decent idea, but with the soaring gas prices, increased rates, and inflation gone wild, I'll probably just have to find some 12 inch boulders and chip out my own blocks. Would likely look better too.
I have a selection of leftover blocks. Next time you cruise down Midland Trail, I’ll set four of the larger ones by the road and you can pick them up.

Most people around here are so strung out they won’t bother to bend over and steal them before you get here.

I actually bought this thing to be a novel indoor litter box. The cat loved it, but it was too large for my small house, and it was difficult to clean.

It went out on one of my decks, then I poured a small concrete pad in an ivy bed and it has been there ever since. Drilled a hole in the bottom so water wouldnt freeze and cause it to break.

Sometimes when I’m sitting in the yard, I put a citronella candle inside the thing to keep the mosquitoes away. The more moss, mold, and mildew that grows on it, the better it looks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT